Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.09.16, 07:53 AM   #41
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

My copy just shipped, so at best I'll have it by the end of the week ;_; CDJapan has been better to in the past regarding shipping dates, I don't know why this time around they waited until the actual release date to ship it out!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 07:57 AM   #42
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
My copy just shipped, so at best I'll have it by the end of the week ;_; CDJapan has been better to in the past regarding shipping dates, I don't know why this time around they waited until the actual release date to ship it out!
Bingo made them an offer they couldn't refuse =P
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 09:03 AM   #43
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

my roommates are having a midnight dance/poi party. I'm in my room listening to yokushitsu from the concert on headphones

she looks so happy. I really like the alternate versions of the songs from this show. I read in the free RAT that came with the DVD at Shinjuku Tower Records that since the show was one night only and in a traditional theatre they couldn't use the traditional equipment you normally use for concerts...so hence we get really cool versions of some songs...mainly the acoustic guitar strumming on yokushitsu...really nice results. stoicism was interesting...the lights were cool.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 09:07 AM   #44
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

was it just me or did Yayoshi look a little uncomfortable when the lights came on ? he seemed to prefer the dark ? maybe I just imagined that ?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 01:21 PM   #45
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

By the way, forgot if this was mentioned, but for everybody who hated the cover when it was released for "bad photoshopping" or whatever, it was a period poster, that can be seen on a wall of an office or backstage in the short Yatsuke Shigoto documentary footage. I love the cover, fwiw. Maybe a bit dated, but hey, check out the DJ/"manipulator's" screen display. That looks like it was 8 years old when they filmed this.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 05:43 PM   #46
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
was it just me or did Yayoshi look a little uncomfortable when the lights came on ? he seemed to prefer the dark ? maybe I just imagined that ?
hahaha, no, your right, not to mention he had the really amazingly emo-hair style with a huge chunk that was constantly covering his face. 2 hours and its still impossible to tell what the man looks like.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 04:51 AM   #47
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

maybe he was embarassed cause he was having sex with SR while was married XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 05:08 AM   #48
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh hmm I should probably get out of my hole soon to get that disc...
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 09:05 AM   #49
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Oooh, I love you CDJapan. I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

While you said so innocently that the cd was only "in shipping process", you had in fact already sent it on its journey across the globe, so that I could get it the day immediately following its Japanese release, while only paying for regular airmail shipping.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 12:18 PM   #50
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Well, thanks to Ringo~Bingo (thanks again!) I could watch that AWESOME concert... I enjoyed the old (in the cool way, you know), dull?, crazy Ringo for an hour, and I must say that I really miss her...

There were some moments that were especially great IMO:
  • 'Shoujo Robot' dance XD.
  • The whole 'Identity' performance... I think this was the best rendition to the song .
  • Ringo almost crying during 'Unconditional Love'. It's the first time I see her like that...
  • When Ringo jumps and gets crazy during 'Yokushitsu'. LOL, I thought she was going to fall down XD.
  • Curiously, I had never listened to 'My Luxury Night', which happened to be a pretty good ballad ^^.
  • 'Stoicism' was just insane XDDDD.
  • The encore... 'Nihon ni Umarete' is such a precious song, and Shiina plays the piano like a goddess... Oh my.
  • The crucified Ringo doll. It was pretty(ly) creepy! Was she wearing the 'Gekokujyo Xstasy' outfit? Cool... Maybe it meant that Gyakutai was dying... Who knows.

To sum up, I'll thank Ringo~Bingo once more and I'll say that I hope/wish that this talented girl will come back someday... Meanwhile we'll have to watch this DVD time after time! XD.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote