Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.09.06, 02:43 PM   #51
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Never have. I'm sure it must be pretty cool.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.30, 03:12 PM   #52
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

A quick search on EMF led me to believe that this or Tesla's CLT Log would be better threads to post this in than the regular CLT thread, but I just discovered the wonderful band that is XTC.

I decided to check these guys out partly because I've constantly read things where they're mentioned in comparisons to bands I already like, and partly because I finally wanted to find out who sang the original "Senses Working Overtime" that I loved on Mandy Moore's cover album way back in 2003. I mean, she's changed her sound drastically over the years so she's not making songs like "Candy" anymore (my sister was playing her newest album in the car and it actually had some great stuff; I recall some refreshing arrangements), but it's still funny that her music led me to these guys.

I'm starting at Black Sea / English Settlement and plan on going backwards and forwards through the rest of their albums from there. This stuff is really great though; I wish I had looked into them sooner. Looks like TeslaGuy hasn't posted/visited the forum in the last month or so, but I figured he'd be happy to see this the next time he logs on.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.04, 10:32 AM   #53
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Nice to see that one other person here likes XTC. I've been a fan since about 1983. Post more thoughts here as you explore more of their albums! I hope to be more active again soon; this summer has been full of surprises that have consumed most of my time.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 08:07 AM   #54
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I try out an unreasonable amount of new music all the time, so I've only managed to listen to those two albums so far. I liked Black Sea a lot more than English Settlement, but I also listened to the former twice and the latter only once. "Generals and Majors" was my favorite song out of both albums, followed by "Snowman" and "Jason and the Argonauts", so I guess I need to try listening to English Settlement again. The original "Senses Working Overtime" struck me as sounding so weird compared to the cover, but I like it.

So should I stick with my original plan of trying the album before Black Sea and the album after English Settlement once I've listened to those two a few more times, or should I just try chronological order?
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote