Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.02.25, 02:17 AM   #1
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody
Default SOIL & "PIMP" SESSION @ Mosaic Music Festival

MMhhh....

I'm not sure if it is right to make a new thread for this purposes since "baboo" already told this in "Related Artist" sub-forum. But i decide to give it a go. If it violate sumthin' please inform.

Soil & "PIMP" SESSION is comin' to Singapore for mosaic music festival. I've been there last year for 4 headliner, two of it are TSPO, and Terry Callier. One that i want to mention here is Terry Callier because of the same venue. His concert held in Heineken Music Club which is the same place for SAPS.
This venue is fantastic for me, why? Because it's so frickin' small. Can only hold maybe not more than 100(MAYBE). So the musician is in front of your frickin' nose with no divider between you and the stage(If they didn't change it or my memory is wrong). The point is, it will be so intimate(sounds weird).

Can you imagine watching sumone like SAPS that close????

So if you around Singapore, be sure to catch this guy. I think it will be totally worth it for only SG$48 include one free drink.

So far I only know that baboo will be there...

Anyone else????

She's a Mac user too.....

Last edited by Mad_Mac : 2008.02.25 at 02:21 AM. Reason: add something
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 03:11 AM   #2
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I'm catching broken social scene and sondre lerche, might have to give SAPS a miss cos I'm too effing broke. I'm really, really quite tempted to catch the Yano Akiko and Harakami Rei gig though.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 03:27 AM   #3
Mad_Mac

The temptation to watch the list of headliners offers is crazy man. To many of them. But i could only go for Lee Ritenour, and SAPS.

Old 2008.02.26, 06:26 AM   #4
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

Nope! Won't be there this year...My concert mate was away from the island and I can't go back to the hostel or hang out in the street at 1 am.So HELL YEAH, NO SAP for me!

Damn it, tickets are sold out anyway.

Wat a waste!!!!!

However, I've been focusing more on Classical stuff recently so I won't grieve over this *Sob sob*

HAVE FUN OVER THERE!

AND HANG OUT AT HARRY'S AFTER THE GIGS....it's likely that if your stars are keen on booze, they will definitely hang out there after the performance...
Bring along a camera and a shameless face to ask for photograph...It's the best if you have a polaroid camera, so you can have their autograph signed on the photo on the spot too. Though, the worst thing that can happen is that they feel disturbed and punch you the face.

And if you get to seat at the first row...TOUCH THEM!!!!...THEY ARE HOLY.

ARGH!!!! I'm still annoyed that I can't go this year

Still hoping for Pe'Z to come over soon. I will start making hat for HZM now
Old 2008.02.26, 07:25 AM   #5
wiimote

wiimote pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Mad_Mac View Post
Anyone else????
I'm going too.

Originally Posted by baboo View Post

Damn it, tickets are sold out anyway.

Wat a waste!!!!!
I have a spare ticket for sale. Interested?
wiimote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.26, 05:12 PM   #6
baboo

Serious? what seat is that? I might consider because I just find out that there is direct bus from Esplanade to my cousin's house...

BUT IS IT WEIRD TO GO TO SUCH HYPER CONCERT ALONE @_@...OMG, imagine myself jumping up and down like crazy....It'd be ok if everyone else will do that too.

But you know, last time I went for TSPO and the lady next to me was GLUEING HER BUTT ON HER SEAT and FOLDING HER ARMS during entire concert WATCHING ME HEAD-BANGING....gargh!!!...

GET BACK TO ME SOON btw
Old 2008.02.26, 08:07 PM   #7
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Just checked out the Esply page...
Looks like SAPS are just gonna play for 75mins? The rest of the time is gonna be occupied by "All Stars Jam"...
But still, $48 is a steal...
Old 2008.02.27, 01:05 AM   #8
Mad_Mac

Serious? what seat is that? I might consider because I just find out that there is direct bus from Esplanade to my cousin's house...

BUT IS IT WEIRD TO GO TO SUCH HYPER CONCERT ALONE @_@...OMG, imagine myself jumping up and down like crazy....It'd be ok if everyone else will do that too.

But you know, last time I went for TSPO and the lady next to me was GLUEING HER BUTT ON HER SEAT and FOLDING HER ARMS during entire concert WATCHING ME HEAD-BANGING....gargh!!!...

GET BACK TO ME SOON btw
MMhhh....

The venue is an open room, means no seat. For last year is a small open space, with a small cubicle like desk to put your booze. So, yes we can touch them if they move toward the audience.

Old 2008.02.27, 03:33 AM   #9
baboo

OH yeah...last year for TSPO, it was in concert hall. And the seats were quite redundant....

OMG....if this year, it was in Theater Studio...then I'd look damn weird sitting alone and get high on booze.

I think 75 minute performance is already good enough.

Last year, TSPO performance was only 60 minutes and most people were already exhausted from moshing. Some more it was charged at $80. So yeah...such a steal this year.
Old 2008.02.27, 04:06 AM   #10
Mad_Mac

OH yeah...last year for TSPO, it was in concert hall. And the seats were quite redundant....

OMG....if this year, it was in Theater Studio...then I'd look damn weird sitting alone and get high on booze.

I think 75 minute performance is already good enough.

Last year, TSPO performance was only 60 minutes and most people were already exhausted from moshing. Some more it was charged at $80. So yeah...such a steal this year.
There are no seat in the venue man. All standing

Last edited by Mad_Mac : 2008.02.27 at 07:22 PM.