Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.02, 05:29 AM   #31
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

I paid 100 yen for Honnou used CD at Bookoff...
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 11:47 PM   #32
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
I was cardless when i first discovered her too, but that didn't stop me from buying her dvds! (by stealing my parent's cards, of course)
Haha I still do that
But in less than a month, I'm 18... Then I'll start buying more frequently

Albums: MM, SS, UM, KSK, Kyouiku, Adult, HF
Singles: Honnou, Gips, Tsumi to Batsu, Mayonaka wa Junketsu, Zecchou-shuu, Ringo no Uta
DVD: Gekokujou Xstacy, Electric Mole, Just can't help it, Dai Ikkai Ringohan Taikai no Moyou
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.15, 12:15 AM   #33
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Hey, where'd this thread come from?

Albums: MM, SS, UM, KZK, HF (special edition), Kyouiku, Adult (Pour Homme)
Singles: Zecchou-shuu, Ringo no Uta, Gunjou Biyori (I bought this one by accident thinking it was Kyouiku, two months before Kyouiku was released )
Random Stuff (which I didn't realize were pirated until after I bought them): Complete Singles (with songs by three other random artists at the end), Singles Collection (which turned out to be the same album, just without the other random songs ), MTV Live DVD (which is Seiteki Healing 1&2 and Hatsuiku Status Gokuritsu Japon -- the case has something in Chinese written on the back )
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.15, 09:05 AM   #34
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I just have Honnou T_T

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.15, 09:08 AM   #35
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Whenever I see this topic I think of the song lyric "Who wears short shorts?"
Old 2007.06.15, 09:46 AM   #36
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Is there a deeper meaning behind those lyrics?? o_O

Hehehhe, Fluffie's purchases are so funny. XDD

My Electric Mole DVD should be coming in the mail sometime this weeeeek!!!! >_<
Old 2007.06.22, 10:06 AM   #37
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I began collecting on eBay until I had all her solo albums (this around the time TJ was formed). Then I began dropping the yen for every first press release from CDJapan since then (starting with Sounan).

I've only got physical copies of a few of her pre-TJ singles (maybe 4 or so). I pick them up occasionally from eBay. Like was mentioned above, when you already have everything in digital, it's hard to justify the price unless you're a hard-core collector.

And, I bet I have one you don't, Glathannus! Some guy on eBay mislabeled his CD and I got the Ringo no Uta single when I thought I was getting the Electric Mole DVD... as a consolation he sent me a CD of his radio program where he'd played a bunch of SR stuff (mostly B-sides). ^-^

And, I've purchased probably 10 copies of KSK as gifts.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.22, 11:14 AM   #38
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zach View Post
And, I bet I have one you don't, Glathannus! Some guy on eBay mislabeled his CD and I got the Ringo no Uta single when I thought I was getting the Electric Mole DVD... as a consolation he sent me a CD of his radio program where he'd played a bunch of SR stuff (mostly B-sides). ^-^
There isn't a B-Side I don't already own. I merely don't own them in any compilations, YET...
As I understand it, most of the Shiina Ringo compilations floating around are Taiwan bootlegs, but two oddball legitimate promo compilations from Japan (of mostly B-Sides) actually exist and I've seen them. Could be that's what you have, in which case it's far more rare than anything most fans here own.

I'm still gloating over my zero-press Gips with the forbidden cover art, and the disc itself comes in gold instead of blue. It's part of a special double cardboard folding package with Tsumi to Batsu, but that other half of the set is nothing extraordinary. The set is a "Not For Sale" package branded by Toshiba-EMI Japan, and it's probably the rarest thing I've come across aside from Shiina Ringo audio cassette tapes.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.22, 11:22 AM   #39
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
zero-press Gips with the forbidden cover art
what forbidden cover art?
O.o
she cutting herself?!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.22, 11:31 AM   #40
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
There isn't a B-Side I don't already own.
Hehe, you're taking me far too seriously. This is a recording of a one-off radio program some guy broadcast, probably on middle-of-the-night college radio somewhere in the US (or even on the Internet) and maybe 50 people listened to it. There's nothing unique on it (other than the guy's voice between some tracks), and it's not anything official. But I'm sure it's rare.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote