Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.08.30, 06:21 AM   #61
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

maybe it's wishful thinking but this DVD seems like a contractual obligation and Ringo was just playing along. Most of it is so bland it just seems like MoRA money v.2- a lazy way of squeezing some more money from fans.

as for the Irokoizata PV- it's ironic that this one is supposed to showcase "bold Shiina Ringo" because it's the exact opposite- lackluster.

Originally Posted by ROCKET View Post
I was avoiding saying that since I had read this forum for the first time in 2006, but ok, here I go....
great post but you might want to post this in the Sanmon Gossip thread? That would be the right place for it.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 01:30 AM   #62
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Browsing 2ch Ringo board again, and kuro neko, if you think that EMF is bad when it comes to Ringo and her plastic surgery, then the 2ch Seiteki Healing thread will knock you out. =)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 02:46 AM   #63
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I watched this the other day...

Shun
I like this video quite a bit... the projections are done pretty well and I think it's quite original and pretty.

Ryuukou
I don't hate this video.. but I don't like it. Ringo looks fierce, but the video itself just forgettable and try-hard.

Irokoizata
Worst. Ringo. PV. Ever.

Ariamaru Tomi
I actually really like this PV, I think it's beautiful and a unique take on what could've essentially been cut scenes from the drama.

Tsugou no Ii Karada
Love it!

MaruSad
Nice and cute. Worked well as an end roll.
Old 2009.09.01, 06:22 AM   #64
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Browsing 2ch Ringo board again, and kuro neko, if you think that EMF is bad when it comes to Ringo and her plastic surgery, then the 2ch Seiteki Healing thread will knock you out. =)
yeah, and they have more than one thread dedicated to whatever plastic surgery she's done. They seem almost obsessed with it!
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 06:35 AM   #65
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Shun
Yes good.

Ryuukou
Too late era Tokyo Jihen-esque. I don't overly like that...

Irokoizata
Kind of weird...

Ariamaru Tomi
Good song, nough said.

Tsugou no Ii Karada
The best.

MaruSad
Don't like this version. Never liked the original much either.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 07:39 AM   #66
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
yeah, and they have more than one thread dedicated to whatever plastic surgery she's done. They seem almost obsessed with it!
what is 2ch??
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 08:06 AM   #67
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
There's even a thread comparing her to Michael Jackson, and one guy posted this vid of plastic surgified Japanese celebs with before after comparisons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW5UvRbfPA&feature=related

Alas, that's what happens when you're in the public eye.

Originally Posted by letemp View Post
what is 2ch??
Massive Japanese BBS. There's a very active Ringo board there.
Old 2009.09.01, 01:33 PM   #68
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I know about the 2ch thread, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the only work Ringo has had, if anything, is surgery for her mole and minor botox, which isn't even plastic surgery when you get down to it. that youtube video that guy posted is stupid, its impossible to tell what looks different when you have such drastically different and aged pictures to compare in low res, most of them look simply like aging and diet, you'd be amazed how much your body can change once you exercise, change your nutrition, and grow older.

that being said, the only real obvious plastic surgery case is Hamasaki Ayumi. she was just downright scary before the surgery...still is now, kind of.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 04:09 PM   #69
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

im pretty sure apart from the mole she has her eyelid done, its very common in jap and korea,
im a supporter for plastic surgery as long as its a good one
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.01, 05:13 PM   #70
Scribble R

The lips.

If they're being injected with collagen, then it's not permanent. She may have had lip implants though.

This kind of ruins the Ringo = antithesis of J-Popstars thing. Also she ascended to beautiful in Sounan/Dynamite PV and she kind of ruined that but I don't give a shit as long as she can make more Togatta Teguchi and Shun. <3

If you consider 2ch, the "Superficial Gossip" is ironic. The Ringo plastic surgery thing isn't just limited to one thread. It's everywhere.