Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.06, 02:57 PM   #61
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I own 3 copies of Shouso Strip, its kind of sad really. I have the regular non-first press from way back when I bought it for the first time before KZK came out. Then about a year and a few months ago I kept on seeing used first press editions in Book Offs all over so I ended up buying one. The coloring on those are all greatly varied and the condition is all over the place, so I searched around and found one in really good condition. Then me and Glanth kept on comparing collections and I got carried away and bought a sealed first edition SS from an auction site. I had no idea it was a promotional copy and not for sale until I opened it (there is a huge sticker on the back saying it is a final sample issue not for sale) and the actual cd and packaing is exactly the same minus "NOT FOR SALE" printed in a circle around the center of the cd.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 04:25 PM   #62
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I could never bring myself to buy any of the PV compilations. Seems like a waste with youtube and veoh out there. There is one bootleg present that I bought from a Book Off near Gardena.

I own legit copies of everything pictured there, so I'll take a stab at it, and speculate that Just Can't Help It is the bootleg.

For the products that still have stickers on them, have you actually kept them sealed? (including the products older than Variety)
If you had more than one copy of some of those (like Dynamite Out!) then I could understand, but even *I* wouldn't keep my only copy sealed.

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I own 3 copies of Shouso Strip, its kind of sad really. I have the regular non-first press from way back when I bought it for the first time before KZK came out. Then about a year and a few months ago I kept on seeing used first press editions in Book Offs all over so I ended up buying one. The coloring on those are all greatly varied and the condition is all over the place, so I searched around and found one in really good condition. Then me and Glanth kept on comparing collections and I got carried away and bought a sealed first edition SS from an auction site. I had no idea it was a promotional copy and not for sale until I opened it (there is a huge sticker on the back saying it is a final sample issue not for sale) and the actual cd and packaing is exactly the same minus "NOT FOR SALE" printed in a circle around the center of the cd.
I started with the regular edition of Shouso Strip. It was among the batch of the first few Ringo/Jihen CDs I ever bought. Then I got a Limited copy used off of eBay. Then I got some sealed nonsample Limiteds off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Those have become a scarcity now. Several months recently went by where nobody was selling sealed Limited copies, sample or otherwise. Then this week, all the sudden there's a sealed sample Limited copy, a sealed retail Limited, and a sealed retail Limited with a sealed promo audio cassette. All from different sellers. The marketplace is really weird like that. Things show up in spurts from different sellers, then you go for months without seeing anymore auctions for the product. And it goes in a cycle too, I think.

Here's what I won this morning, just as I was headed out the door for work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ampeg_v4-img600x450-1191057754dsc00966.jpg (23.6 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg ampeg_v4-img600x450-1191057765dsc00965.jpg (22.3 KB, 180 views)
Old 2007.10.06, 05:19 PM   #63
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Ugh, seeing shady's HF makes me so angry that I pre-ordered and bought the regular edition of it when the Special Edition one was still available @_@.

Also, I've never seen a dvd like the Ringohan one and the gekokuyo ecstasy one in a regular jewel case. Is that common in japan?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 10:57 PM   #64
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

The bootleg is actually the Gekokujo dvd. It doesn't have the Toshiba EMI flying logo with the twinkly sound and goes straight to the menu when you pop it in a dvd player.

Book Off doesnt inspect the authenticity of the stuff they sell. There was a bootleg Hatsuiku Status there too. Its a hacked ISO rip or something because the image quality is perfect.

Everything is unsealed. DO and Variety look sealed because I cut the plastic wrap on the sides with a razor just enough to let the case slip out and I saved the labels and obi for everything. I keep those tucked away in their cases. Sounds kinda crazy.

The most foolish thing I've done was buy 3 LE versions of Shouso Strip piecing the disc, case, box, booklet, and obi from all 3 and trying to form one mint condition version from them, spending $50 total. Now thats crazy. I didn't even succeed. It was difficult finding a box in excellent condition. I didn't become a fan until KSK, years after its release, so it sucks I missed out on buying a new one.

Congrats to Glathanus for finding a sealed LE SS! Collecting cassette tapes is too hardcore for me though.

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2007.10.06 at 11:06 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 11:10 PM   #65
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I guessed right??
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 12:41 PM   #66
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Everything is unsealed. DO and Variety look sealed because I cut the plastic wrap on the sides with a razor just enough to let the case slip out and I saved the labels and obi for everything. I keep those tucked away in their cases. Sounds kinda crazy.
Ohh, that's a good idea actually. @_@;; I don't like to throw away the stickers too so I take it off the plastic wrap and put it on the cd case. =_=;; Sometimes I don't succeed and the sticker rips. T_T
Old 2007.10.09, 03:03 AM   #67
CARMEN

CARMEN pleased at least somebody

Besides Glathannus here, who else has the LP vinyl for KZK? I'm just wondering how hard this is to track down online or otherwise...?
CARMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.09, 07:03 AM   #68
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Well...

Once upon a time, I didn't own the LP either, and I had an impossible time finding it through international markets. I asked the very same question, and no more than three people out of Ringo Jihen (our predecessor community - now closed), claimed they owned it - and one of them supplied personal photos.

That was a bit discouraging, but eventually I came across Shopping Mall Japan. They're a 'deputy' service - a middleman to get you the things you want from Yahoo! Japan Auctions, that Japanese sellers aren't (for whatever reason) shipping internationally.

It's actually not very difficult to get the KSK vinyl that way at all. It's only a question of, how much do you want to pay, or, how long do you want to wait for a lower-priced auction? The cheapest I've gotten away with is 2200yen for a sealed copy, and that's freakishly rare. What used to be the 'norm' (roughly six months ago), was the same seller kept unloading sealed copies for 3000yen each until they basically ran out, and most of those auctions wouldn't even get more than one bidder (I suspect people knew there was a continuous stream and they'd wait their turn). Nowadays the used copies sell for about that much, and the sealed ones sell for 4000-6000yen - this is if you don't want to wait, and it's the price range I encountered when I first started using Shopping Mall Japan.

Whatever the auction scenario is, it's not going to involve eBay (or at least not more than once every few years), and you always have to take the fees into account when you use Shopping Mall Japan (in addition to your deposit). I've won mini-vinyls for 2500yen, and ended up paying around $41 USD after all the fees kicked in. The fees effectively go on a curve that's more favorable toward more expensive auctions, but they really sting if you win a lot of cheaper auctions.
Old 2007.10.09, 09:08 AM   #69
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by CARMEN View Post
Besides Glathannus here, who else has the LP vinyl for KZK? I'm just wondering how hard this is to track down online or otherwise...?
I have it too. it isn't too hard to get as long as you just keep checking auction sites every now and then.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.09, 10:32 PM   #70
Izam

Izam pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I own legit copies of everything pictured there, so I'll take a stab at it, and speculate that Just Can't Help It is the bootleg.

For the products that still have stickers on them, have you actually kept them sealed? (including the products older than Variety)
If you had more than one copy of some of those (like Dynamite Out!) then I could understand, but even *I* wouldn't keep my only copy sealed.

I started with the regular edition of Shouso Strip. It was among the batch of the first few Ringo/Jihen CDs I ever bought. Then I got a Limited copy used off of eBay. Then I got some sealed nonsample Limiteds off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Those have become a scarcity now. Several months recently went by where nobody was selling sealed Limited copies, sample or otherwise. Then this week, all the sudden there's a sealed sample Limited copy, a sealed retail Limited, and a sealed retail Limited with a sealed promo audio cassette. All from different sellers. The marketplace is really weird like that. Things show up in spurts from different sellers, then you go for months without seeing anymore auctions for the product. And it goes in a cycle too, I think.

Here's what I won this morning, just as I was headed out the door for work.
Congrats on the 1st press! You are lucky to get it!

I'm a long time fan and I also have all of her albums, singles (including Stem single) and DVDs except for Dai Ikkai Ringohan Taikai no Moyo (not yet purchased). I also have her electric mole limited edition. As for Tokyo Jihen I also have it all (even their adult album on vinyl) but I have not purchased OSCA single (didn't really care for the single) and didn't pre-order killer tune or their 3rd album just yet.

Albums/singles

DVDs

Tokyo Jihen stuff (I don't have updated pics on these).

I'm missing pic of my Shuraba single, Adult album w/DVD first press (gotta love scratch and sniff), Eizo Sakuhinshu - Adult Video DVD and Adult album vinyl.

Edit: just took this one pic now

She's my favorite girl.

Last edited by Izam : 2007.10.09 at 11:02 PM.
Izam is offline   Reply With Quote