Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.14, 09:44 AM   #11
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Can we believe the unauthorized biographic stuffs floating here and there? It's very interesting to look over her life but I can't catch what's wrong and what's right.
pariscombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.14, 09:45 AM   #12
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Well...
I guess she's returned to where she used to be.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo~
T_________T

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.14, 07:06 PM   #13
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I just thought it's something interesting to be shared with everyone here. Who would expect SR, with all her early rock stuff to actually hate rock music in the first place? Although later on the biography does go on to mention that her musical tastes took a 180 degree turn after hearing some Toni person play the guitar, and she loved rock music after that.

How much of that is true, and how much of that is fabricated to bump book sales, I wouldn't know.
Old 2007.05.15, 01:26 AM   #14
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

At the same time, why would she dislike rock while dating tons of guitar guys. At least a couple of them had to be into rock.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 03:24 AM   #15
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think most of the contents are credible enough. This book has been released for 6 or 7 years and if there's any major contradiction to the fact there would be protests from either the record industry or the insiders.(including those ex-boyfriends)

Some of the contents of the books come from the radio show Shiina hosted in her early ages.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 10:35 PM   #16
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Maybe I'll try to order this book just for the sake of it. And I've got a dream to read and translate the Shiina Ringo vs Jpop that I have, I guess no one did that so far.
I've always wondered what the deal was with that book... What is it about?
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.16, 12:21 AM   #17
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

From the (unofficial) translation I read, it's mostly about SR's personal life, her boyfriends, musical tastes, inferiority complex, that kind of thing.
Old 2007.05.22, 04:12 PM   #18
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Mugg, do you really not remember me posting that same .doc file in the old forums? Exactly everything you posted above was in it. o_o

Here it is again. Ringo Allergy partial translation

And yah, it's unfinished. I had dreams myself of getting the book and finishing it someday, but I need to be able to read complicated kanji first >.>
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.22, 04:16 PM   #19
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^I remember that doc, frecklegirl. I still have a printed copy of it sitting next to me, actually.
Old 2008.04.10, 09:40 PM   #20
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

omg.
IMO This post does not have enough quality to be sticky.

1.The technical problem caused my reply to come first and Mugg's post comes second.
2.The biography is from the book called Ringo Allergy, but the quoted passages are far from either complete or the most we can get. Not that "stickily" informative.

the Chinese SR community was closed in the government's action of censorship last year (due to some political posts in off-topic forum). Wish this kind of affairs never happen in the future.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote