Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.01.11, 03:57 PM   #231
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Oh wow. I didn't realise that Doppleganger contained samples from these previous Ringo songs:

Suberidai
Kabukichou no Joou
Remote Controller
Honnou
Identity
So Cold

I just picked up on Remote Controller. Has this been common knowledge for a while now? XD Does anyone know where the other references are?

Edit:
I was just trying myself, but there's far too much happening in some of those songs for me to pick out what is referenced in Doppelganger at any specific time.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.01.11 at 04:14 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.12, 01:24 AM   #232
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Oh wow. I didn't realise that Doppleganger contained samples from these previous Ringo songs:

Suberidai
Kabukichou no Joou
Remote Controller
Honnou
Identity
So Cold

I just picked up on Remote Controller. Has this been common knowledge for a while now? XD Does anyone know where the other references are?

Edit:
I was just trying myself, but there's far too much happening in some of those songs for me to pick out what is referenced in Doppelganger at any specific time.
this has been deconstructed before, although I'm not entirely sure it has been on this forum. when KZK first came out it was a topic of discussion quite a bit, up until Ringo Catalogue eclipsed its fame for sampling previous Ringo works.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.12, 04:32 AM   #233
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post

Suberidai
Kabukichou no Joou
Remote Controller
Honnou
Identity
So Cold

Edit:
Oh, I didn't know Suberidai and Kabukichou were also there! If you play the song backwards, you can clearly listen "aa yararetari yararetari" from Tsumiki Asobi, too.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.12, 10:01 AM   #234
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Really? (I remember someone posting the reversed Doppleganger recently) That's pretty cool, I say, fo' Jackson fo' sure.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.21, 09:26 AM   #235
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I can't tell if my copy of KSK is a bootleg.

It came with the sticker (and the secret message), and since it was a replacement copy, I'm familiar with the original packaging, and the booklet and credits booklet are the same. The seller I bought it from listed it as the 2008 re-issue and I ripped it just fine, but it still says it's copy-controlled on the back. The big thing that sketches me out is this small logo above the kronekodow and Virgin logos that says "CDS-200".

It's not a big deal if it is or isn't, I'd just really like to know.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.21, 09:29 AM   #236
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've got one that says that too that came from CD Japan so I'm sure it's legit.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.21, 09:34 AM   #237
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Thanks. Now that I know it's legit, I checked the product number, it's actually TOCT-24942 (2003), not TOCT-26578 (2008).

Hurrah.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.21, 09:39 AM   #238
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

CDS-200 is just the name of the macrovision copy protection on the CD.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.22, 07:55 PM   #239
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
Thanks. Now that I know it's legit, I checked the product number, it's actually TOCT-24942 (2003), not TOCT-26578 (2008).

Hurrah.
I've never had a problem ripping it either (on a mac to itunes). I think the software was mainly aimed at PCs at the time. I've ripped it several times and never encountered any problems. Way to go getting an original!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.05, 02:36 AM   #240
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer
Default Okonomi de

from Tengoku e Youkoso/Dopamint! thread:

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
Wow, I never looked at it that way. But what is the "twelve nails" line about? Or where she says "So, go ahead, as a duplication of pleasant feelings, how would a pair of glasses be?" (translation from Nostalgic Lavender)
Sorry for asking so many questions.
twelve twenty fictitiously deep red painted nails is completed

"duplication" is mistranslation. it's translation for 重複(juufuku).
従服(juufuku) is obedience/submission
(usually spelled as 服従(fukujuu))

"a pair of glasses" is too literally translated.
this お眼鏡(omegane) is judgment. meet your expectations.

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2010.08.05 at 07:48 PM. Reason: twelve -> twenty
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote