Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.02.18, 04:57 PM   #251
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
Considering the real cover for MM isn't even the crowd of people picture
Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Huh?
The crowd is on the back and inside. The front cover is a green background with dripped coloured paint.
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.18, 06:32 PM   #252
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

No, that (the green) is actually meant to be the back. I know how it's all laid out on the CD, I'm looking at mine right now, but that's just some idiosyncratic thing she did, probably to reflect how Japanese books open from R-to-L. She did something similar with the KSK disc. Her official site shows the cover image as what you see on the back of the CD, because that is in fact the actual cover, even though it appears on the back. That's also what you find on all the retailers online, and it's not a mistake because her label wouldn't have let that happen when they were the ones who would have released the cover art to begin with.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.18, 08:04 PM   #253
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

Well, I guess I can say that the covers are complementary in my head.

So, uh... how 'bout that semen? Sure does smell a lot like chestnut flowers! (As another side note, what the hell gave her the idea that the three smelled the same? I can't say I've smelled chestnut blossoms, but still. Maybe I just ask too many questions.)
sylfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.19, 09:10 AM   #254
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Haha... evidently (I haven't smelled them either, but have spoken with someone who has smelled both) they really do smell the same.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 04:03 AM   #255
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Wonder who's semen she smelt to compare
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 04:59 AM   #256
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

My garbage can smells like stale semen >.<
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 05:05 AM   #257
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

You gotta throw out the tissues daily- before it gets that bad :-p
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 08:26 AM   #258
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

The problem is... there is no 'used' tissues. Only food scraps, bones and garbage.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 12:10 PM   #259
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

I like how this thread avoids discussing the actual music of KZK in the most colourful of ways.

There's also a conversation about dentistry and a YouTube video of Gackt saying "fuck" if I remember correctly. Maybe that's quite Yattsuke Shigoto-ish and kind of the point?

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.18, 01:34 PM   #260
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Then let's discuss KZK!

My favorite track is cut between Meisai and Souretsu.
Meisai is insane. I love how the whole idea of the song seems to be unification from chaos, because there are so many different instruments each playing a different melody, yet they all come together to create this amazing song. I love the contrabass before the chorus and also how the song ends with the whining viola and then Ringo lighting a cigarette.

For Souretsu, I feel like the lyrics are very artistic and emotive. They are easily some of Shiina's most artistic lyrics, but at the same time they aren't impenetrable like some of her other songs (I still have no idea what Meisai is about). I really like the electric sitars during the beginning and the way she sings starting from after the second verse.

Oh, also, I really like Okonomi de's lyrics, because of how they sound. They really roll of the tongue well and I like how the rhythm of the song is closely incorporated to the actual rhythm of speaking the words.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote