Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.07.21, 11:53 PM   #581
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
just finished watching the horror 'A Tale Of Two Sisters' it was scary enough but i did not quite get the whole plot ? especially the last part about the mother and the sister whom the wardrobe fell on ? it was all a little vauge and was not explained as good as it could have been!! still ok though.. also can anyone recommend any good Asian horrors! i'm looking for something that matches the calibre of the first two 'Ringu' movies..more psycological than silly monsters i remember when Ringu 1 + 2 were first shown on Film4 years ago i stayed up to watch them and they were the first films that truly terrified me! in fact i actually moved back from the T.V gradually until i hit the wall when i was watching them
I thought the ending was perfect and ver well explained.

The last scene was way before anything else happened in the movie. The father announces that he doesn't love the mother anymore and brings his new partner along, the woman we all know throughout the movie.
The mother is depressed because of that and commits suicide in the wardrobe of her daughter. When she finds her mother she tries to rescue her, but the wardrobe falls down and so she dies too.
Alls that happends while the protagonist and the stepmother are in a fight, and after that she goes to the lake to calm down.

When she learned that her sister and mother are dead the protagonist has a breakdown and is send to the psychiatry. When she comes home from that the film starts. And the only two people that are in the house for almost the whole movie are the protagonist and her father. The stepmother and the sister are both hallucinations.

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.07.22, 04:44 AM   #582
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
My first post as a moderator of the forum, btw. Want to ensure the EMF community that I will take every opportunity to abuse my newfound powers and run this forum into the ground.
I will battle you! You're not the only one with new Mod abilities.

That's right, bitches

Name:  Mod.jpeg
Views: 28
Size:  23.4 KB
Old 2008.07.22, 05:53 AM   #583
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Choobies, congratulations!! There should be a congratulatory topic for you! I'll hold in my excitement until an admin makes one. @_@
TY Badtz, no need for a congratulatory topic though, it's just more responsibilities, doesn't mean I'm on a higher social strata or that I'm different from any other forum member.
*blatant attempt to win the hearts of the people and consolidate political power for future takeover

^I'm a Shinobi Grandmaster son! I've already whitewashed many previous posts to Choobes-ify EMF's history.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.07.22, 08:15 AM   #584
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

*shakes choobies hand* Alone, we could take over EMF. But together... together we could rule the world!

*blatant attempt to win the hearts of a fellow noob mod to consolidate political power for takeover of future takeover
Old 2008.07.22, 08:30 AM   #585
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I thought the ending was perfect and ver well explained.

The last scene was way before anything else happened in the movie. The father announces that he doesn't love the mother anymore and brings his new partner along, the woman we all know throughout the movie.
The mother is depressed because of that and commits suicide in the wardrobe of her daughter. When she finds her mother she tries to rescue her, but the wardrobe falls down and so she dies too.
Alls that happends while the protagonist and the stepmother are in a fight, and after that she goes to the lake to calm down.

When she learned that her sister and mother are dead the protagonist has a breakdown and is send to the psychiatry. When she comes home from that the film starts. And the only two people that are in the house for almost the whole movie are the protagonist and her father. The stepmother and the sister are both hallucinations.

what!! the whole scene at the dinner table where the guest has a fit was not real ?? what about the feet under the sink the guest having a fit seen ? so it was the daughter at the dinner table and not the 'stepmum' man i found it a weird film..i did not like the dad at all he seemed so emotionless and uncaring!

Choobies!! congratulations!! also!! though i'm not quite sure what happened are you a Moderator now ?
Old 2008.07.22, 08:43 AM   #586
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

what!! the whole scene at the dinner table where the guest has a fit was not real ?? what about the feet under the sink the guest having a fit seen ? so it was the daughter at the dinner table and not the 'stepmum' man i found it a weird film..i did not like the dad at all he seemed so emotionless and uncaring!

Choobies!! congratulations!! also!! though i'm not quite sure what happened are you a Moderator now ?
The two guests were real, but it was the protagonist sitting at the table, not the stpmother, yes. That's why the "stepmother" spoke of stuff nobody else remembered.
And you won't find the dad that uncarin on the second watch, because you know everything the protagonist complains about is not even real.
Oh and yeah the ghost was real, too. But most of the movie was just hallucinations. It was a weird combination.

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.07.22, 08:46 AM   #587
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

ahh. i see! still one of the weirder films i've seen lately though ?
most of the films i watch are Hong Kong Cops against Gangsters
Old 2008.07.22, 08:48 AM   #588
Inaudible-Whisper

I didn't want to say anything in case a currently known staff member wanted to say something. But yes myself, and it appears Choobies are both moderators now.

Tale of Two Sisters is an absolutely fantastic film. And also the best horror movie I've seen to make use of surround sound, so if you have a good sound system it's way more creepy.
Old 2008.07.22, 08:59 AM   #589
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I didn't want to say anything in case a currently known staff member wanted to say something. But yes myself, and it appears Choobies are both moderators now.

Tale of Two Sisters is an absolutely fantastic film. And also the best horror movie I've seen to make use of surround sound, so if you have a good sound system it's way more creepy.
congratulations!!! as for the surround well my house is always pretty busy and my room is not ideally sourced for quiet so i always watch a film with decent headphnes!! they provide enough noise cancellation for me to be drawn into the movie.. last film i watched using the speakers was Die Hard and that was in our old house like 4 years ago since we bought this house though it's been headphones all the way!

ALSO: Inaudible.. i finally wrapped your folders up for post so i'll be shipping them out tomorrow ok! could not find a big enough envelope so i wrapped them in a big blue bag it looks so cheap but i sellotaped that bad boy for a good ten minutes..!
Old 2008.07.22, 09:06 AM   #590
Inaudible-Whisper

Thanks. Yeah, at home I only really use my surround sound at weekends. I mostly use headphones at night here. And my room is getting decorated at present so I don't even have my surround set-up. At Uni it's another matter. I have everything hooked up to my surround sound and I have to attempt to drown out my housemates music/TV and in turn they then have to drown out mine. Not in an annoying way. It's quite humorous. Well, until we got a letter of complaint about the noise. That is until the poles moved in next door. They don't complain. Ninth post down. It's a good story

Edit: Ah thanks so much for doing this! Don't worry, I'm a huge big blue bag fan :p I'd paypal you a few quid but my Paypal balance is currently -£50 so I can't use it til I top it up :p Anything else I could do, I'm always here to help