Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.08.08, 12:32 PM   #121
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think I may be adding Children of Men to my favorites list. :e
Old 2007.08.29, 03:00 AM   #122
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I just remembered "Beijing Bicycle" or "Shiqi sui de den che", whatever you want to call it.
I think this is one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. When the credits came up, I didn't know what to think anymore, or why I should think at all. It was all just too cruel.
Watch it!

Clip and trailer

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.08.29, 10:11 AM   #123
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
It was all just too cruel.
FOR. REAL.
It's 2 hours of a poor guy getting the shit beat out of him.
Old 2007.08.29, 07:19 PM   #124
k3nj1kun

k3nj1kun pleased at least somebody

TRANSFORMERS is THE BEST!

my text message ring tone is the transforming sound!

it freaks out ppl on the train!
Old 2007.10.01, 08:17 PM   #125
freshevryday

freshevryday pleased at least somebody

I really like Sleepless in Seattle and Elizabeth Town.

My all time favorite is from Hong Kong though, it's call Fly Me To Polaris. has anyone herd of this? anyways it's really great

Blog: Just Can't Help it!
Old 2007.10.01, 09:44 PM   #126
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Here's 10 I love (almost my top 10, but the without thinking about it version):

Seven Samurai (favourite movie ever)
Spirited Away
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Young Frankenstein
Hot Fuzz
Serenity
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
A Tale of Two Sisters
My Cousin Vinny
Night of the Living Dead
Old 2007.10.03, 05:50 PM   #127
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post

The Nightmare Before Christmas
I like the making more than the actual movie itself.
Old 2007.10.03, 07:00 PM   #128
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
If you get the opportunity, watch Reincarnation. It's a J-Horror from the director of The Grudge and The Grudge 2 (and if you didn't like The Grudge - which is understandable - this is exponentially better). Just be warned that the pacing is archaically slow.
Zac!! Where are you?? T_T I've been looking for Reincarnation every time I went to rent a movie ever since you posted this, and finally found one that wasn't rented out about a month ago, and I watched it with my friend and we both agreed that it was the best horror movie we've seen in a while. T_T I thought the college girl was the other character (the dad) the whoole time, until like 30 seconds before it was revealed that she was actually the other character (the daughter). It was soo good!! T_T (And Oguri Shun was so handsome in the movie!! T_T) Thank you so much for recommending it!! <3 It's one of my favorite horror movies now. Please come back to EMF!! ;_;

actually one of the best movies I've seen lately was "The fountain". I like the storytelling on thre different realms and the stunning visuals
I actually didn't know what to expect when watching this movie, but the visuals really were beautiful. *_* I loved the last scene with the tree of life the best. And, the idea of that tree existing is really interesting, too--I'd never heard about it before. Is it a real theory? o_o

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
A Tale of Two Sisters is one of the only movies that's actually scared me (The scene where the girls are in bed) but it also heavily relies on atmosphere. I was freaked out watching it alone, but when you're with a group of friends it wasn't in the least bit scary. I suppose that happens with most horror movies, which sucks because I enjoy them more in the company of friends, but they don't scare me then.

Having said that, the movie is literally 10 times scary with surround sound. More horror movies need to make use of this. The first 'haunting' scene with the door creaking open and people running around, you hear them running around you and it has the most perfect use of surround I've ever heard. I was petrified
Hmm, I don't know why but this movie wasn't that scary to me. @_@ Granted, I watched it with my family, but maybe the reason was because I didn't watch it with subtitles? I can't remember if I did. But I know what you mean--the sound is really more scary. I jump more at sudden loud sounds than sudden images that pop out. That's why I close my ears instead of my eyes when a scary part comes up. @_@

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
..., Marie Antoinette, ...

My only problem with the movie was that it's ending could've had way more impact on the viewers if it didn't just cut out like that. Overall it was an enjoyable experience, though. Seeing her in all of those different dresses was a treat. :d
Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I just saw 300 yesterday and it is one of my favorite movies. Some parts of the plot were pretty predictable but the fighting and the visuals were awesome. Although that 3d wolf in the beginning of the movie could have been WAY better compared to everything else in the movie.
I think Marie Antoninette and 300 were similar in that their visual tones were so different from regular movies. They reminded me of two (very different) styles of graphic art, and I think that's why it was easy to be attracted to the visuals because it's so interesting to watch those styles in motion. I guess that's what attracted me to Casshern as well. It's true that I didn't really concentrate on the stories, but I think another common factor between both movies was that the stories weren't very active. It kind of felt empty at times, but I didn't really mind that. I dunno, I can't really explain it. But anyway, I also enjoyed seeing all the different outfits Marie Antoinette wore.

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I finally watched The Prestige today, and wow.

I predicted most of Hugh Jackman's secret awhile before it was revealed.
The trapdoor was the giveaway because if the character were actually teleporting, why would he have needed it?
I couldn't predict Christian Bale's secret, but I fully understood it after it was revealed and I'm not jumping to conclusions and mixing it up with Hugh Jackman's secret. I have a fresh enough recollection of all the fine details in the movie that I couldn't gain any extra insight or appreciation toward Bale's secret if I were to watch the movie again. Fight Club is a more rewarding movie to revisit, but I can understand why many people would feel compelled to revisit The Prestige.

Tesla and Hugh Jackman were both absentminded professors. If I were either one of those two, I would've been duplicating gold. If I were Tesla, I would've quietly duplicated gold, told Hugh Jackman that the project was a 'failure', and then I would've paid back Jackman in full, and with interest. If I were Hugh Jackman and intent on staying in show business instead of duplicating gold, I would've duplicated myself only once ever, then done the twin act throughout my career.

It also occurred to me that it may have never been Hugh Jackman's Plan A, to frame Christian Bale for murder. Once Bale was in the basement and shouting for help, the Jackman duplicate not showing his face, was Plan B, or else he'd have to reveal a shocking secret to the world.

A couple notes of bullshit though:
Why would the Bale twins go to the trouble of cutting the fingers, and then NOT be showing that off?
And why did Hugh Jackman's character actually VANISH in the middle of the electricity with NO TRAPDOOR, when he was doing a special demonstration in the empty stage hall? I'm also assuming that's the way everyone else (audience members) saw it too. He could've at least put a curtain in the front. 50 yards in three seconds, is STILL impressive, even if you didn't actually SEE the person vanish.
Gah, I don't remember this movie enough either to understand your post. >_<;; Which is too bad because I really didn't understand the movie and had a lot of questions that I don't remember anymore. T_T

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
I think I may be adding Children of Men to my favorites list. :e
Hmm, I didn't really like this movie. I don't like this genre, whatever it is. @_@ And what kind of smiley face is that?? Is it a frown with a stuck out tongue like :6?

Oh I just remembered how much I love this movei:
I heart Huckabees
I you haven't seen it, go watch it. It's one of the best ever. Schwarzman + Jude Law + Naomi Watts + Dustin Hoffman + Isabelle Huppert = great
And the soundrack is AWE-some
I actually own this movie, but I haven't watched it yet. @_@ The video cover didn't appeal enough to me to make me watch it, and I have no clue where it came from. I guess I'll watch it this weekend then.
Old 2007.10.04, 02:20 AM   #129
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

actually one of the best movies I've seen lately was "The fountain". I like the storytelling on thre different realms and the stunning visuals
Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
I actually didn't know what to expect when watching this movie, but the visuals really were beautiful. *_* I loved the last scene with the tree of life the best. And, the idea of that tree existing is really interesting, too--I'd never heard about it before. Is it a real theory? o_o
The only thing that bothers me, is that everyone thinks that this movie takes place in 3 different points in time. And I think the movie shows very well, that this tree doesn't exist

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.10.04, 06:52 AM   #130
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Actually, I didn't understand this movie very well either, especially the dimension when Hugh Jackman has a shaved head and is meditating. o_o;; I forgot what happened in the ending, too... >_<
Closed Thread