Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2009.08.22, 07:06 AM   #1
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction
Default Kameda and Salyu/Band Bank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0k9h_O_Mz8

I absolutely adore Salyu's voice - definitely my favourite Japanese female vocalist. Kameda is backing her on bass (and Sakurai from Mr. Children on acoustic guitar), and this is the song that got me into Salyu way back when the single first came out. Not a fan of her style but great, great songs (esp. on her first album).

If you're into Japanese movies, Salyu was "Lily" in All About Lily-Chou-Chou

Edit: Original Version of Valon-1

Last edited by Nebularus : 2009.08.22 at 07:13 AM.
Nebularus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.22, 08:11 AM   #2
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

You know what, when I was first starting to appreciate Japanese media beyond the more disposable stuff, Shiina Ringo was the first trigger. The film All About Lily Chou Chou was the second trigger. And because I was very new to Shiina Ringo back then, I was into Salyu *just* as much. The Kokyou album was great (Yeah, it's funny that Shiina Ringo is mentioned as an Ether in that film, funny coincidence), landmark was good but then the one after disappointed me (I did like Apple Pie though), so I sort of stopped listening to her, and I was slightly disappointed that she didn't write her own material.

I didn't know that Kameda actually did stuff with her. Thanks.

So I just listened to her new single, EXTENSION. It's not a bad song, but it's pretty throwaway and totally different from the Lily Chou Chou style. I guess that ship has sailed. It's a pity =(

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.08.22 at 08:18 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.22, 12:11 PM   #3
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

i've seen that live performance on video a year ago and never bothered to look at who was in the band. Kameda was there and I didnt know it! haha

the official promo video for Valon is one of my favorite jpop videos. the doctor version not the rap version.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote