Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.02.19, 10:45 AM   #1
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Default We need a time machine...

...so we can bring to the present this girl:

I decided I wanted to watch Seiteki Healing 1 during lunch today. OMG itd been years. All of a sudden I remembered why I was a Shiina Ringo fan in the first place. Holey Moley. What the world needs now is love sweet love. (love being a code word for: a young Shiina) Being that the real Shiina is officially the oldest 29-30 y/o to walk the face of the earth, maybe she'll have a mid-life crisis and try to be young again!

*edit: the time machine would of course have to follow "Back to the Future" time travel rules. As opposed to Terminator rules or Bill & Ted rules.
Old 2008.02.19, 11:01 AM   #2
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

When she has her midlife crisis, her venti White Chocolate Mocha will fall to the floor as she mouths "What the Hell have I done?" all in slow-motion. She'll drive home in the Town & Country and recoil in horror at her Susan Sarandon-in-Stepmom hairdo, at which point she'll give Saito Neko the backhand and forcibly evict Uki from the studio. She'll then proceed to chop up her hair and clothes with her son's safety scissors and put on the whoriest makeup possible. Her next album will be nothing but guitar noise and screeching.

I'll be so happy.

Last edited by Cosmo! : 2008.02.20 at 06:02 AM.
Cosmo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 11:03 AM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Thats beautiful man, really.
Old 2008.02.19, 12:01 PM   #4
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

Well, to be fair, she was in with Saito Neko since pretty early on. The EZO show she did with him was what, 99? I liked it.

She can give the backhand to Uki , instead.

Silverrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 12:32 PM   #5
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Definitely get Uki on out of there... >_>
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.19, 12:52 PM   #6
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Nah... we just need time to stop at 2003-2004.

Wow SR's look has really changed. That person in Jihad's screencap hardly looks like SR today.
Old 2008.02.19, 09:45 PM   #7
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

You know, I'd prefer the Bill & Ted time travel rule on this issue; We can bring her to our timeline and it'll be a hell lot more interesting to see the Old Ringo Hime face off the Nu-Shiina Queen. We may alter the future by accident with Back to the future rules, like, maybe SR single-handedly saved Japan from Godzilla between SS and KZK and have to get Kameda to "cover" for her...
Old 2008.02.20, 02:49 AM   #8
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

listening to tamatebako, I know that somewhere inside her almost lifeless persona still exist a few of 99~01 and 03~04 SR
when in killer tune chorus she sings "horaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~"
I know inside her she wants to shout it in a megaphone with a messed hair while playing noisy that glitterly guitar that she uses in GX
she need to bring outside her SR inside ms. Yumiko

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.20, 03:47 AM   #9
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

While I love paleo-Shiina, I also love neo-Shiina. So I'd have to say no to the time machine. BUT I do not want a static Shiina. I would like to see her continually evolve which means both pushing boundaries and incorporating the musical styles she loves.

(And Cosmo, I drive that Town & Country, but I don't have the Susan Sarandon hair--and neither does the wife, thank God.)