Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2008.12.15, 06:16 PM   #131
evilBOXevil

evilBOXevil pleased at least somebody

Thatis freakin' bad ass!!! Lucky bastards.

"you don't go in my bathroom with me"
evilBOXevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.17, 10:41 AM   #132
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

Finally I can write about sunday and monday.
On sunday, after some unexpected incidents (the subway line was stopped for a couple of hours because of suicide or something like that - we had to take a taxi), I arrived in the venue about 2:30, and they were already doing the rehearsal (all but Anis, who was resting in the hotel because of a sore throat). Everything went fine, the live started and Anis sang pretty well. I was the whole time between the crowd and the stage, on Mikio's side. On the end of the live, he threw his pick, and I got it from the floor. After the live, everyone who had bought a t-shirt or a cd could have it signed by the band. And then, we, the staff, had our time to get their signs.
After the live, we all went to dinner in a "churrascaria" (a kind of brazilian "all-you-can-eat" steak house), and I was able to talk a lot more with him. He seemed shy in the first day, but sunday he was very open, and we talked a lot about music, his solo carrer, my work (he calls me "Migoto-sensei" ), etc. He's a very funny guy! After dinner the band returned to the hotel.
The next day, they went to the airport to go to Chile. I bought all of them some "omiyage" from Brazil, but they weren't able to take it because they had already done the check-in when I arrive. I'll send it later to their office. We all took lots of pictures, and then they were gone.
I must add that all of the band and the manager are really nice and funny people, and I'm looking forward meeting then again someday.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.17, 11:54 AM   #133
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

And you didn't talk about TJ or Ringo? ;_;
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.17, 12:48 PM   #134
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
And you didn't talk about TJ or Ringo? ;_;
I don't think it would be a good idea to keep talking about SR/TJ, since I like him much more for his solo work than for his time on TJ. But he did say (to another member of the staff) that he told SR she should make some gigs in other countries, but that she isn't very fond of this idea, 'cause she likes Japan very much.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.17, 01:37 PM   #135
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Oh my god, is that so?
You may not think so, but that just made my fanboy blood boil.
Thanks for the info!
Old 2008.12.18, 01:46 AM   #136
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

omg migoto
my envy is increasing O_O
gaaaaaaaaaaaah
seu sortudo O___________________O

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.19, 06:35 AM   #137
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Migoto View Post
I don't think it would be a good idea to keep talking about SR/TJ, since I like him much more for his solo work than for his time on TJ. But he did say (to another member of the staff) that he told SR she should make some gigs in other countries, but that she isn't very fond of this idea, 'cause she likes Japan very much.
"I don't want to perform outside of Japan because I like Japan very much?" There's something really odd about that statement. Wonder if it's really the case.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.19, 08:23 AM   #138
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

You're right Scribble ahah. After thinking about it again, it really doesn't make much sense...

But I guess she probably means that she loves Japan so much that she isn't interested in performing in other countries. There's a lot of books that could be written about japanese perception of gaijin (foreigns) and gaijin countries... In short, they just feel very unique and have this notion that outside of Japan, everything is so much different, that people even interpret works of art differently than japanese people.
Also, Ringo is indeed very japanese (despite western musical influences), as you can see by some of her shows (think EM, Zazen or even the recent Ringo Expo 08), and so she probably thinks western audiences wouldn't appreciate that kind of thing.
Aaaaand... I'm not really sure, but performing overseas might feel like a betrayal to japanese fans, so she doesn't want to do that to them. (???)

But this is just speculation x3
Old 2008.12.19, 08:54 AM   #139
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I don't think Shiina could succeed outside of Japan as she is now, so it doesn't really matter.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.19, 09:03 AM   #140
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

If you have already made your money then why bother taking a risk that could prove fruitless and damage your standing back home? if I was a Japanese artist and was successful already then I don't think I'd bother going abroad.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote