Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2011.03.24, 01:12 AM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I just now got back home from the Seattle leg of this year's Japan Nite Tour.
I went there mainly for MO'SOME TONEBENDER, and they ended up playing absolutely nothing from Rockin' Luuula. It was a pretty intense performance, though. I've still got cotton ears from the combination of them and Lolita No.18. Oh, and the vocalist of Lolita spit water at me 5 times. Not specifically targeting me - I just happened to be in the blast radius.

I was pleasantly surprised by Hystoic Vein. At first I thought the sound and the appearance of the vocalist were both a bit weird, but it turns out they actually went quite well with the rest of the band. Also, Hystoic Vein's guitarist exhausting herself in black leather, is one of the sexiest things I've seen in awhile. I would've taken plenty of pictures, but the camera was low on battery.

As for ZUKUNASISTERS, I thought their band was a bit unbalanced. You barely noticed the drumming, and the vocalist/guitarist would hardly ever play guitar. So bass guitar and keyboard together were responsible for at least 80% of the ZUKUNASISTERS groovin'.

I had to stick around the venue for an extra-long time before I could meet the members of MO'SOME TONEBENDER. But ultimately they came out (after 80% of the audience had left), and I got them to sign a first-press jacket for Rockin' Luuula - appropriately in red ink. They asked me how I came to discover them, and my answer was simply "Shiina Ringo". They near-instantly realized what that meant, because it was something they hadn't really been thinking about for awhile.