Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.10.14, 05:10 PM   #21
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
the new band is stuff they are saying on 2ch. the only thing wiki has picked up is izawa isn't performing at countdown japan, which is confirmed as of 10/01 they say. it should be noted izawa was a touring pianist for the HIATUS who is also playing Countdown Japan same night as Jihen, so there is the possibility that he has prior commitments with them and he is unable to do both sets (at countdown there are about 5 stages and at any given time all 5 have shows. since jihen will be a headliner it is possibly izawa cannot play with both bands if they are scheduled around the same time. since he was working with the hiatus in the place of their pianist, who couldn't tour, during SG, he might have already promised this show to them...)
If this is the case, then I can't imagine SR will continue using him in TJ for much longer.

I mean, if you were Izawa, would you commit yourself to playing with a no name band (I've never heard of Hiatus) over a headlining band? This makes no sense to me unless he has already decided to sever his relationship with TJ, because he must understand that no band-leader/owner would find this lack of commitment acceptable.
Old 2009.10.14, 05:59 PM   #22
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Interesting rumours/news...
Maybe Nakayama Nobuhiko will be in this "shin bando"...
Old 2009.10.14, 08:03 PM   #23
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I stumbled across this via Perfume City: Click.
It appears to be a list of this year's Kouhaku line-up, with Ringo included. I'm guessing she'll perform Ariamaru Tomi, since she's not with Jihen.
Old 2009.10.14, 09:04 PM   #24
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Nah, those are just the artists that Oricon subscribers want to perform.

Note Amuro Namie and Arashi being on there.
Old 2009.10.14, 11:28 PM   #25
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, its like a fantasy performer list, who you would like to see etc etc.

why would ringo kick izawa out for performing with the other band? I mean, she ran off and did her solo thing and put everything on hold and the other band members worked on other projects, so what if he had a prior commitment for the countdown show, if they were booked first? I don't think ringo is so high and mighty she would expect him to just leave.
Old 2009.10.15, 12:32 AM   #26
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I've been thinking about this and the most likely scenario is that this project will be a Ringo Expo style project, and Saito Neko will be joining. Shiina's official jump to HF-style music.

I don't see anyone at SONGS who is special, unless Shiina is joining Maboroshi, or we'll get a Shii-Na and her Intergalactic Infinity Arkestra. It's probably best not to get excited about this.....

http://www.nhk.or.jp/songs/archive/090701.html

Edit: Oh...it's probably Shiina & PIMP Sessions.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.15 at 12:58 AM.
Old 2009.10.15, 05:07 AM   #27
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Wow, too much information there, guys, haha! I hope there will actually be a new line-up...

BTW, I found this on Natalie's blog (I don't understand anything, but I can see they're talking about the HIATUS first EP, and Izawa is mentioned):

the HIATUSツアーメンバーと磨き上げた1st EPリリース

10月8日に初のワンマンツアーを終えたばかりのthe HIATUSが、11月18日に1st EP(タイトル未定)をリリースすることが決定した。

今年5月に発表した1stアルバム「Trash We'd Love」を引っさげ、全国6都市・計14公演のツアーを敢行したthe HIATUS。約半年ぶりのCDリリースとなるEPには、アルバムのレコーディングメンバーであるmasasucks(G/FULLSCRATCH)、ウエノコウジ(B/Radio Caroline)、柏倉隆史(Dr/toe)、堀江博久(Key)に加え、ツアーやフェスに同行した一瀬正和(Dr/ASPARAGUS)、伊澤一葉(Key/東京事変)も参加し、新曲を3曲作り上げている。

細美武士のソロプロジェクトとしてライブ活動のないところからスタートしたthe HIATUSだったが、今作は2度のツアーで絆を深めたアーティストたちと作り上げたもの。より深みを増したthe HIATUSの世界観が垣間見られる1枚となりそうだ。

EPリリース日となる11月18日からは細美、masasucks、ウエノ、一瀬、堀江の5人編成で、ストレイテナーとの2マンツアー「BRAIN ECLIPSE TOUR」がスタートする。
Could anyone translate this? I don't think this will help us with those rumors, but it looks like Izawa (still listed as TJ's pianist) could be playing keys on the HIATUS first album... Maybe I'm wrong, tho.
Old 2009.10.15, 11:16 AM   #28
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think it just mentions that Izawa played live with them, not that he's playing on the EP. I think.
Old 2009.10.15, 11:41 AM   #29
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

we need zarya to confirm this, damn XD

if this is true, I found the english translation stronger than the japanese title

and I don't want Izawa to quit TJ =\ I pretty much like his compositions

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.10.15, 11:43 AM   #30
Scribble R

I found a link which has more info, I think. Thanks to papidae because I found it on his blog (I think it's his):

http://v-club.jp/blog/archives/2009/10/post_620.php

Dunno how reliable it is

edit: I like Izawa too 'specially after Rashipoki but still

Oh and allegedly the news will be officially announced on October 23rd.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.15 at 11:53 AM.
Closed Thread