Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.10.20, 08:26 AM   #11
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

If you can, I would show a PV, or show many throughout your presentation with the sound down. She is far more immediately engaging as a visual artist to somebody who has not seen or heard her.

Really tough assignment you've given yourself. My brother showed me the Ringo no Uta video right after he bought it, and gave me a rip of KSK. Although I was very intrigued, there was a lot I had to get past, mainly her voice, which I couldn't stomach at first. It took me almost a whole year of listening to bits and pieces of it here and there until I eventually "got" her. And I consider myself to be very open minded about music.

To be honest, I don't think there is a representative 30 seconds you can give an uninitiated audience, it just does not work. She is tremendously diverse, and it is unfair to present just a taste, as it will inevitably distort what we love about her. I think you would need to play at least 4-5 samples, and unfortunately you would then be floating into elitist weirdo territory as Glath warned against.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 09:18 AM   #12
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Ringo already made a song for this purpose : Ringo Catalogue
What a genius she is.
Old 2008.10.20, 10:37 AM   #13
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'd definitely play 30 seconds of Tsumi to Batsu and 30 seconds of Ringo no Uta.
that'd represent the diversity of ringo's music very well.
if u want to add some TJ, you could also add 30secs of Gunjo Biyori
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote