Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.05, 09:35 PM   #31
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by freshevryday View Post
Having a kid would explain why she hasn’t made any new stuff with Tokyo Jihen lately.
She hasnt made any good stuff lately????

And I mean freak in a good way
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.05, 10:52 PM   #32
freshevryday

freshevryday pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
She hasnt made any good stuff lately????

And I mean freak in a good way
I said new stuff with Tokyo Jihen not good stuff. The latest album she released was just a few new songs, most of them she made earlier.

Oh, and now I get the freak thing, I would think she would be the kind of freak your talking about.

Blog: Just Can't Help it!

Last edited by freshevryday : 2007.05.05 at 11:25 PM.
freshevryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 08:50 AM   #33
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by freshevryday View Post
Having a kid would explain why she hasn’t made any new stuff with Tokyo Jihen lately.
Wtf? Her son is like 5. Absolutely nothing to do with "why she hasn't made any new stuff lately" (which we now know is not true, she's making stuff right now!).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 09:22 AM   #34
freshevryday

freshevryday pleased at least somebody

oh yeah, i forgot about that. ok, don't listen to me anymore

Blog: Just Can't Help it!
freshevryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 02:40 PM   #35
Koufukuron

Koufukuron pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Possibility 6) Who gives a fuck.
I do! : D

Honey, not vinegar.
Old 2007.05.07, 02:43 PM   #36
Koufukuron

Possibly Shiina is just really good at keeping things under wraps. No need to be dangerous, right? A lot of celebrities get publicity like that becuase they like it (in my opinion).
You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity.
Old 2007.05.07, 03:31 PM   #37
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I can imagine after Japanese girls attempted suicide on hearing Jackie Chan had a girlfriend (at least one actually succeeded in self-executing), that Asian icons have a tendency to keep that stuff under tight wraps.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 03:56 PM   #38
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Off-topic, but -
Most ridiculous fan story ever:

Father kills himself chiding Andy Lau's indifference to his daughter

Leaving a twelve page letter to daughter's idol Andy Lau, Yang Qingji ended his 68 years long life in Hong Kong on March 26 after his daughter attends an activity with her idol Andy Lau.

Yang's daughter Yang Lijuan is a 28-year-old girl from northwestern China's Gansu province. After the first time she dreamed of Andy 13 years ago, she became a huge fan of him. Since then, she quitted school and spent all the time thinking of her idol. All she wants is to meet Andy Lau and tell him how she loves him.

To support daughter's dream, Yang Qingji and his wife spent up every penny of their savings. They sold the only house they had in Lanzhou City. Yang even decided to sell one of his kidneys to a local hospital, but he was refused because it's illegal. However, they never had chance to meet or talk to Andy. Several days ago, the family entered Hong Kong for the third time. With the help of Andy's fans club, Yang Lijuan finally had an opportunity to attend Andy's birthday activity with hundreds of his fans on March 25. To her disappointment, she only got few minutes to take picture with Andy instead of having a conversation with him. Her life long dream did not come true.

Being unacceptable to this result, Yang Qingji wrote a letter blaming Andy's coldness to his daughter and drowned himself in despair after daughter and wife fell in sleep. In his letter, he thought it was Andy's responsibility to arrange a private meet with his daughter, even for five minutes.

Yang Lijuan and her mother were in deep sorrow after Yang's death. Yang Lijuan showed her regret of loving Andy Lau for so many years to reporters. But she still insisted that Andy should meet her again, otherwise her father's death was meaningless. She took Andy as the root cause of her father's death. Although critics think the deficiency of courage to face the reality after fulfilling years' dream is the real reason of the tragedy.

Andy Lau responds through his agency on March 28 that he has fulfilled Miss Yang's hope of meeting on the birthday activity. Feeling astonished and disappointed, he hopes Miss Yang can go back to hometown and start her own life. He refuses to meet her any more. Leaving father's dead body in Hong Kong, Yang Lijuan and her mother went back to Lanzhou on March 28 without .making it clear what to do next.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/enterta...ent_839726.htm
Old 2007.05.07, 05:56 PM   #39
Koufukuron

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Off-topic, but -
Most ridiculous fan story ever:
Oh my god, thats ridiculous! First of all, he must have some sort of complex worse than his daughter had, to sacrifice so much for her silly obsession. You cant be IN LOVE with someone you dont know -.-

I dont blame Andy for not associating with her. Smart move, her family obviusly had some...issues, and getting involved with that sort of junk could spell out trouble for him.

Yikkeees.
Old 2007.05.07, 11:58 PM   #40
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

I'm not surprised at all after reading that article, especially considering the obsession with celebrity in our society these days. People are stupid as fuck -- especially when it comes to stalking entertainers and making sexual inquiries about someone who just wants to make music or movies.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote