Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.01.02, 02:26 AM   #561
Necronopticous

Necronopticous has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I can't stop listening to them. They remind me of her excellent Oil in Life performance a little over a year ago.

Oil in Life Vol.64 大森靖子 Live!!

Her acoustic presence is out of this world.
Necronopticous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.02, 02:49 AM   #562
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Did she release some new songs? Or are they remixes? Can I hear them anywhere else?
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.02, 03:03 AM   #563
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

@FadedSun: Some newly recorded acoustic versions of old songs that have been around for a while. You get one at random with the new book. There's 4 in total:

01 東京地下一階
02 音楽を捨てよ、そして音楽へ
03 ミッドナイト清純異性交遊
04 お茶碗

東京地下一階 has only ever existed in demo form before.
Old 2015.01.06, 10:29 AM   #564
Necronopticous

You guys...

Old 2015.01.06, 02:16 PM   #565
anonlurker

That's the way. My Oomori bible should be with me tomorrow! Then prayers can begin.
Old 2015.01.06, 03:50 PM   #566
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Nice work bro :-) Are you a player or a storer (never put needle to wax)?

You planning on getting the Kimi to Eiga 7" to complete the main set of vinyl? Remember, the first press has no face on the mango (and I realise what a weird fucking sentence that is if you don't know what I'm talking about :p)

Remember there's always the Nanbatatin 7" and the No Lie-Sense album pressed on LP too if you wanna get into hardcore collecting all vinyl that feature her contribution so far.
Old 2015.01.06, 10:17 PM   #567
Necronopticous

Kimi to Eiga is on its way to me now. I was unable to find it available for international shipping, so I'm having a friend of mine in Japan help me out. I believe it is the first pressing with no face on the mango, but we shall see.

I play some of my records, though rarely since my wife hates just about everything that I listen to, and we live in a small apartment. I'll almost certainly plan Mahou ga when I get a chance.
Old 2015.01.09, 04:21 PM   #568
Arabesque

Arabesque pleased at least somebody

Just started listening to her for the very first time today, I'm really impressed! I've always been looking for someone else like Shiina, and while I don't think they are that similar she's the kind of thing I was hoping to find. Another brilliant and unique songwriter who seems to cover a lot of styles. I know absolutely no Japanese so I don't know what the song is called, but the second song on Mahou Ga whatever is incredible. Very much looking forward to hearing her other albums
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.09, 04:22 PM   #569
deadgrandma

Keeping up with Oomori's twitter, instagram, blog and website often gives me a headache. Pity that news can appear on any of them before another one gets it...
Old 2015.01.11, 04:29 PM   #570
deadgrandma

"Oomorinemoto" project website has expanded.

There are now dates for the play (3-9 June), and I believe it will be getting a soundtrack pressed (all music by Oomori). Here's to hoping it will be available at outside vendors.

I'm not sure whether or not Oomori is in the play herself, but if so, it's another step towards being the new Togawa (who has had her fair share of play involvement over the years) :-p