Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.06.21, 06:20 PM   #571
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

But it has the best war scene ever
I really tend to forget that not everyone is amazed by these movies...
I'm used to watch the first two movies in a row

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.06.21, 07:16 PM   #572
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Don't get me wrong, I totally see how much work was put into it and appreciate the art style. Its visually impressive.

And the story...is good BUT sometimes it thinks things are important that I couldn"t give a shit about, or, it doesn't effectively persuade me into thinking they are important.

The stuff with either pair or Hobbits, I care about. Gandalf - Saruman stuff I care about. However all the Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli stuff, at least in Two Towers seemed like such a B-plot that they spent an entire regular feature time length on. For such a long time its "Aragorn and this chick have a history" whoop.D. Get on with it. "This castle is important, we can't let the Orcs fall it" Ok, thats a great movie piece but you spent the last 4 hours making me care about a fucking ring being handled by characters I'm more apt to relate to.

Maybe its more drawing in the book -- but frankly I thought the book was just as drawn out. I could not cut through that thing. I started The Fellowship, but christ, when it gave me the genealogy and history of EVERY DAMN HOBBIT in the Shire I said, "Enough of this torture."
Old 2008.06.22, 08:39 PM   #573
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Well, I was at times bored by them too, definitely. But RotK is the best out of all of them!! You definitely have to see it just to finish everything out. Also because it's the best one (hello, that's why it won the Oscar!). But yeah... theatrical cut if you can't handle the extended vers.

AS FOR MY CURRENTLY WATCHING...
Chi's Sweet Home!

IT'S SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

A children's anime show about a kitten and the family who takes it in. soooooo, sooo cute. And episodes are only 3 minutes long. Just watch it!!
Old 2008.07.13, 08:38 PM   #574
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Did anyone watch Miss Universe? Miss Venezuela was one of my top picks along with Australia and Mexico. (I think she gave the best answer.) I really liked Miss Japan's hair cut! And I think Miss Korea didn't make the first round because her outfit was similar to last year's Miss Japan. Poor Miss USA... But wow, Vietnam is a really beautiful place. *_*
Old 2008.07.14, 12:50 AM   #575
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Watching an old VHS tape I've enjoyed for years. 1970's Hong Kong kung fu science fiction.
Inframan
Old 2008.07.19, 06:55 PM   #576
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^
I didn't know Shaw Brothers ever did science fiction!
I had Celestial Movies (cable tv channel) for a while and all they played was old Shaw Brothers movies, and I was watching about two movies a week. Lots of kung fu stuff, lots of huang mei diao, some erotic ones, and for a while there was some experimental stuff but a power-ranger type movie? Lol...

I'd love to watch it though. The lead actor Danny Lee is one of my favourite HK actors.

CW: Chanel Haute Couture F/W 08/09.
I can see SR looking gorgeous in some of these clothes.
Old 2008.07.21, 06:25 PM   #577
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

just finished watching the horror 'A Tale Of Two Sisters' it was scary enough but i did not quite get the whole plot ? especially the last part about the mother and the sister whom the wardrobe fell on ? it was all a little vauge and was not explained as good as it could have been!! still ok though.. also can anyone recommend any good Asian horrors! i'm looking for something that matches the calibre of the first two 'Ringu' movies..more psycological than silly monsters i remember when Ringu 1 + 2 were first shown on Film4 years ago i stayed up to watch them and they were the first films that truly terrified me! in fact i actually moved back from the T.V gradually until i hit the wall when i was watching them
Old 2008.07.21, 06:49 PM   #578
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
just finished watching the horror 'A Tale Of Two Sisters' it was scary enough but i did not quite get the whole plot ? especially the last part about the mother and the sister whom the wardrobe fell on ? it was all a little vauge and was not explained as good as it could have been!! still ok though.. also can anyone recommend any good Asian horrors! i'm looking for something that matches the calibre of the first two 'Ringu' movies..more psycological than silly monsters i remember when Ringu 1 + 2 were first shown on Film4 years ago i stayed up to watch them and they were the first films that truly terrified me! in fact i actually moved back from the T.V gradually until i hit the wall when i was watching them
Have you seen the "Kwaidan" film from the Ringu director? It's an old school Japanese horror film, it's not extremely scary (since I saw it by myself and I'm pretty much a pussy when it comes to horror movies), but it's beautifully shot and it's very much a classic story.

My first post as a moderator of the forum, btw. Want to ensure the EMF community that I will take every opportunity to abuse my newfound powers and run this forum into the ground.

And let it be public knowledge that I'm easily bribed + corruptible.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.07.21, 06:55 PM   #579
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Have you seen the "Kwaidan" film from the Ringu director? It's an old school Japanese horror film, it's not extremely scary (since I saw it by myself and I'm pretty much a pussy when it comes to horror movies), but it's beautifully shot and it's very much a classic story.
i'd not heard of this one.. found it on Avistaz with some seeds so i'm D'L now!! thanks a lot for the recommendation
Old 2008.07.21, 07:51 PM   #580
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Choobies, congratulations!! There should be a congratulatory topic for you! I'll hold in my excitement until an admin makes one. @_@

Bongo: I've watched a lot of Asian horror movies, but unfortunately I don't remember a lot of the titles and stories. My favorite ones are Fox Stairs (Yeowoo Gyedan) and one that Zac recommended, Reincarnation (Rinne). I miss Zac. T_T
Closed Thread