Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.12, 07:35 AM   #71
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
I met Noel Gallagher a few years ago with my brother and even though i'm an Oasis fan i was pretty underwhelmed.. i wonder how i would really feel if i was able to meet Shiina ? it's ok to write comical things for a supposed meeting but if i really was gifted that chance to be in the vicinity of a person whom i truly admire then i am unsure what i would be able to say or do ? i would not wish to regret the meeting so i'm not sure what i'd do.

at the least do or say something that got her thinking or made her smile or impacted her in a good way ?

I'm more jealous of you meeting Noel than someone meeting Shiina.

Anyway, to get on the fantasy train, I'd be all if I met Shiina, I'd tell her that she rocked, if I had time tell her her solo albums were the best ever.
Old 2008.07.16, 11:23 PM   #72
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

...Maybe there should be a little guest book link on the first index page of the forum, in the "not-a-chance-in-hell" event that Ringo hime do drop by?

I think the key point that'll draw Ringo's attention (assuming she'll assign any small amounts of cognitive process while reading that book), is that there is a crowd of international SR fan out there who are drawing toward her not by any marketing hype/magazine interviews/TV appearances/remote understanding of Japanese, but just by her music and herself alone.

...She can also call up Hikki, reference EMF and say "In your face, easy breezy!"
Old 2008.07.17, 12:27 AM   #73
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
...She can also call up Hikki, reference EMF and say "In your face, easy breezy!"
Ahah
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.18, 03:10 PM   #74
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
Totally agree. When I saw a big rock star whose work I had admired for decades, I said "Excuse me. You're a genius, I love your work, I'll leave you alone." He laughed, shook my hand, and we both were happy.
And then you tapped his shoulder and gave the man a Puffy CD?
Or were you speaking hypothetically? Or do we have to guess who the big rock star is?
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.18, 11:16 PM   #75
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

It was Walter Becker of Steely Dan, if anyone was curious.
I guess I felt cautious about name-dropping after mentioning David Bowie. Being Philip Glass' chief tech for a decade and working in major New York recording studios meant working around famous people all of the time. It just comes with the territory and everyone in the business is pretty casual about it.

Oh, and David Bowie introduced me to David Lynch
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.18, 11:45 PM   #76
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
...and working in major New York recording studios ...
Can I be your apprentice?
Old 2008.07.19, 10:13 PM   #77
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think it's time to...introduce SR to David Bowie or Steely Dan? Anyways, her musicality should be more or less a figure in the world's music industry.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.20, 07:17 AM   #78
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction

At a TJ concert in Osaka back in 2005 (I think?), I was dared to shout something in English to the band between songs (I was a bit drunk from pre-concert drinking and pumped from seeing TJ live again so I acquiesced). If you've been to or heard a live Japanese concert you'll know that people are always shouting things to the band like "Kawaii" or "Kakoii," etc. Anyway, I couldn't think of anything good to say (I was thinking "Apple!") so I shouted "I love your hair!" to Hirama. He actually responded "I love you too" (in English!) and then SR asked whether there was a foreigner in the crowd (in very polite Japanese). I shouted "Yes" and she said thank you. True story. So , I guess in a way, she knows (knew?) that I exist.
Nebularus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.20, 09:13 AM   #79
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Nebularus View Post
At a TJ concert in Osaka back in 2005 (I think?), I was dared to shout something in English to the band between songs (I was a bit drunk from pre-concert drinking and pumped from seeing TJ live again so I acquiesced). If you've been to or heard a live Japanese concert you'll know that people are always shouting things to the band like "Kawaii" or "Kakoii," etc. Anyway, I couldn't think of anything good to say (I was thinking "Apple!") so I shouted "I love your hair!" to Hirama. He actually responded "I love you too" (in English!) and then SR asked whether there was a foreigner in the crowd (in very polite Japanese). I shouted "Yes" and she said thank you. True story. So , I guess in a way, she knows (knew?) that I exist.
Ahah, that's awesome
I have a feeling she *wants* to be recognized outside of Japan, more than anything in her career.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.20, 09:23 AM   #80
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

it's a pity that Japanese is such a smallly spoken language (worldwide) if it were more widespread then i'm sure Karuki Zamen would be held as one of the best albums ever or at least the decade!! i wish more people were more open to it.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote