Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.10.14, 12:30 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default New Jihen single 12.02.09

Yahoo!

Tokyo Jihen "3-minute active"

2009年12月2日(水)発売
December 2, 2009 (Wed) Release
TOCT-40280 1000円(税込)
TOCT-40280 1000 yen (tax included)

(OK according to 2ch, if this is wrong delete. No-one has to know about this blunder but us)
Old 2009.10.14, 12:47 PM   #2
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

If true, with a title like "3-minute active" its gotta be about sex which means its an Uki track.
Old 2009.10.14, 12:49 PM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

(No hesitation just sweet sensation)
Old 2009.10.14, 01:03 PM   #4
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

3 minutes isn't long
Old 2009.10.14, 01:04 PM   #5
Scribble R

Also, I don't know if this is worth a separate thread, but allegedly they are going on tour too. Come on, get to figuring out what's happening!
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/absj31/20091015/1255549864

Google Translated:

■ [Music] [Live] Tokyo Jihen, restart 04:51 東京事変、再始動 - Diary of absj31

2009/12/022009/12/02 (Wed) single active 『3』 minute presentation to a live national tour along with it also演Rurashii (18 cities nationwide, 22 performances).

... What is there? Ringo is due to release a live album or No?Live tour because the Incident, Naa or even to become a one-off ... I want to achieve with演Ru come from somewhere.
Edit again:

Okay, all it is is what we were expecting. Single in December, and live tour in Spring 2010. No mention of album, though.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.14 at 01:12 PM.
Old 2009.10.14, 02:22 PM   #6
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The title just reminds me of shoujo robot. And Evangelion *shrug*.
Old 2009.10.14, 02:35 PM   #7
Scribble R

Um, better take this news with a pinch of salt...
Old 2009.10.14, 02:40 PM   #8
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

the 2ch thread that announces the new single has about 10 posts, most of which are saying that they can't believe the information about this single and that it seems completely false.

another thread says that jihen is breaking up and playing a 3-show dome tour with Ringo's new band, a unit which is similar to the set up she used in SONGS.

then in another thread we have information about Izawa being confirmed to not be playing at Countdown Japan.

then on the official kronekodow webpage we have news that Countdown Japan 09/10 is the first show and the "start of activity" and end of hibernation for Jihen.

think about it, all of this news are just rumors gone crazy. If Jihen had a single coming out in 2 months, we'd know about it. We knew about OSCA and Killer Tune months and months before their release. Then a 22 show tour for Jihen? That seems odd considering the news about Countdown Japan being the start of activity (almost like a warm up or practice show to get the band back on their feet).

The news source cited about the tour is someone's personal blog....not exactly reliable...

for now I think we should add a huge RUMORS sticker to this thread.

edit: if anyone is interested, the romaji for the single would be "noudouteki sanbunkan" also, that blog member is saying that they weren't sure if ringo was going to go on a solo tour since she released sanmon gossip or if she was starting up jihen and going with that. the mere fact that this blogger didn't know ringo said there would be no sanmon gossip tour makes me doubt the reliability of this blog to have undisclosed breaking news. just being a skeptic.

at any rate I think its pretty much a given that jihen is either a) releasing a single in the next six months or b) breaking up. thats good news, right? at this point I can't even say I'd be sad if they broke up. its almost like I will take what I can get at this point...

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.10.14 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2009.10.14, 03:03 PM   #9
Scribble R

SONGS band = those versions of Kabukichou and Tsumi to Batsu? or the Ryuukou band (minus HZM and Mummy D/Maboroshi)? By that 'set-up', I'm guessing large Parliament-style ensemble? Shiina Allstars a la Sanmon Gossip?

Why would someone randomly start a rumour about TJ's next single and tour? (I suppose that if there was a single coming out before Countdown, they would have announced it on the site)

There's also the rumour that Tokyo Jihen's new song will be tied to a CM.

Stupid rumours. Any news that isn't Tokyo Jihen Phase 2 (Including Izawa and Uki) are resuming activities after Countdown just shows that everything's just been one big mess =X

And why are all these rumours coming out now?

Thanks for looking into it, kuro neko.
Old 2009.10.14, 03:14 PM   #10
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

um..okay so I've been reading the 2ch thread very carefully and this is what I have to add:

SOMETHING was in the ringohan fanclub newsletter because all the interesting tidbits are in that thread and the fans seem to be referring to actual tour dates in tokyo. zarya used to forward the letter to me and frecklegirl but since it hasn't come in a few months we figured the subscription ran out. if anyone on this forum is a ringohan member, please check your mail and let us know.

okay, regarding the news: so it seems a new single was announced for Jihen along with a dome tour for Ringo's new project, which is a band consisting of faces that we have seen during the SONGS shows (I'm guessing she means the actual band and not the orchestra), but someone mentions HZM won't be in it. They will go on a dome tour next spring and someone mentioned that 3 dates at Tokyo Dome seems reckless so I'm guessing they got a few dates or information regarding that. someone also mentions in the single thread that it will have a CM tie-in, but they think it might be a lie. Someone also asks about the new band and someone mentions Jihen will disband. So what is this, a last single? A single for a best-of last album?

soooo Jihen has a single but Ringo is starting a new band and going on a massive tour? Makes no sense. How could Ringo even THINK she could fill up Domes with a band no one has heard of yet? And if she is doing so why would Jihen release a new single if she was going to about face and work with another project? I have no idea what this is all about. we need legit information ASAP.
Closed Thread