Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.10.26, 10:57 AM   #1511
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
You might be the only one here who plays games on any portable-but-dedicated system. One of my coworkers bought me a DS Lite awhile back, and I haven't used it much. When I'm on-the-go with time to kill, I either nap or think - depending upon what the circumstances allow. If that wasn't the way I've lived my life, I probably would've got into Trauma Center a long time ago.

In other news, I beat Portal 2 last night, and it was definitely a bargain for the $15 I paid. For any of you who don't already own it, I'd suggest you wait until it drops to $20 before buying it, and only because it's a game you could beat in a day (if you know what you have to do). If you need to seriously think about any of the puzzles, and if you play for only a couple hours each day - then Portal 2 could last you about a week.

If you tried the first Portal and didn't particularly enjoy it - don't hold that against Portal 2. The maps are less sterile and claustrophobic, the subsequent puzzles introduce new and clever features which change the way you assess the situations, and there's plenty of humor.
Old 2011.10.26, 11:32 AM   #1512
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
In other news, I beat Portal 2 last night, and it was definitely a bargain for the $15 I paid. For any of you who don't already own it, I'd suggest you wait until it drops to $20 before buying it, and only because it's a game you could beat in a day (if you know what you have to do). If you need to seriously think about any of the puzzles, and if you play for only a couple hours each day - then Portal 2 could last you about a week.
I still haven't given Portal 2 a proper go yet. I got it cheap when it first came out, but my basement flooded the day I started playing. I was about an hour in when I found six inches (and rising) of water in the basement. I never went back to the game for various reasons.

Wanna play co-op sometime?
Old 2011.11.01, 11:17 AM   #1513
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Holy mother of god.

Heart of the Sunrise was released for Rock Band. omg, I need to switch on my xbox again, this is beyond epic.
Still no Pink Floyd or Stairway to Heaven though.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.05, 03:11 AM   #1514
golem09

I am now officially addicted to The Binding of Isaac. Before playing it, it looked so boring and repetitive to me that I couldn't understand why anyone would play, or even develop it. Oh dear.
What a game.

MyAnimelist
Old 2011.11.05, 04:20 AM   #1515
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

This honestly may be the determining factor in whether or not I purchase a 3DS.

KH:3D

Looks so goddamn good.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.07, 04:15 AM   #1516
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just finished Uncharted 3. It's pretty much the same as Uncharted 2, so if you like that one, you will like this one.

Cover system on 3 doesn't seem as well done though, too many times have I been sniped because of some random enemy walking up to me and starting a fist fight.

But other than that, pretty solid with some of the most incredible set pieces I've come across on the few games that I've played in the last year or so.
Old 2011.11.07, 05:47 AM   #1517
golem09

I'm now at 21 hours in Binding of Isaac, I am always happy if I find a game that surprises me like this at least once a year.
Last year it happened 3 times (Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Resonance of Fate, Shadow Complex), but I don't think I'll be that lucky again in a while.
At least Isaac is not over yet, and it doesn't like I'll "finish" it soon.

MyAnimelist
Old 2011.11.07, 07:08 AM   #1518
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Shadow complex always reminds me of this.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sh...lex-hawp/61375
Which in turn makes me lol heartily.

On topic with the KH:3D trailer, I've really been meaning to check out Subarashiki Kono Sekai/The World Ends With You. Though every time I see it, I forget it's a Squeenix game and not by Atlus. Don't know why.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.09, 03:04 AM   #1519
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Just finished Uncharted 3. It's pretty much the same as Uncharted 2, so if you like that one, you will like this one.

Cover system on 3 doesn't seem as well done though, too many times have I been sniped because of some random enemy walking up to me and starting a fist fight.

But other than that, pretty solid with some of the most incredible set pieces I've come across on the few games that I've played in the last year or so.
I actually like the fact that the enemy runs up to you because it draws you out of cover and doesn't make you rely on covering in one spot the entire time! Having said that though, I understand why Naughty Dog wanted to show off their new melee combat system but it's a bit flawed, I feel. But yeah, Uncharted games really push the bar of a single-player experience.

Anyone here play Starcraft 2?
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.09, 04:13 PM   #1520
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I beat the single player, but don't play much of it other than a custom map every so often. It hasn't pulled me in as much as Starcraft did.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote