Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.01, 03:06 AM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default EMF Message to Ringo

okay guys, I just got back from Shinjuku Tower Records. Not only do they have a massive display out front the station blaring the cd, as soon as you get off the escalator into the store you are bombarding with Ringo pretty much everywhere. There was a huge display serving to sell her cd and congratulate her on her 10th complete with exclusives. They had several hand written messages by Ringo and hidden up away on the 10th floor was a display of costumes from her PVs. They had the dress from Gibbs sitting next to the skull of the bull from the video....the nurse outfit from Honnou (!!!) with the cap, and the dress from the Mellow video! It said no pictures but I am going to ignore that and go back and see what I can get.

anyways this post has a point. At the display they had a notebook left out for fans to write messages to Ringo. I have seen this before for smaller artists at lives, but never for a cd release for a large artist such as herself. Tokyo Records Shinjuku is kind of a special store for her because of her Shinjuku-kei image and they have many exclusives at that store only....

ANYWAYS so my point is: I think it would be neat to post a message from EMF there complete with the forum address. I was going to translate it into japanese but then a friend suggested that we should write it in English to catch her eye when she flips through it since the rest will probably be in Japanese....sooooo guys, here is our shot to get a message to Ringo, what should we say?
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 03:21 AM   #2
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It's a good idea to just write in English as your friend suggested
Oh and let's not bad mouth uki in her own fan signed book guys

About the costumes,
I think I've seen pictures of some of those costumes in displays on google, so you won't be the first one to discard their wishes.

Man Shinjuku Tower Records sounds like fun..
And thank you kuro_neko for all the great information and ideas
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 03:49 AM   #3
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

hmmm wonder how long it'll be up there? probably not by august

maybe write something about a "ringo world fanclub" or something silly, haha
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 04:03 AM   #4
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Hmm.. tell her to come tour the U.K..! (^^)
it's the summer holidays and i am bored rigid at the moment!
that would be a dream for me.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 04:05 AM   #5
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

write about how many persons from different parts of the world has been liking her so much and sharing their thoughs on a forum...

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 04:51 AM   #6
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
write about how many persons from different parts of the world has been liking her so much and sharing their thoughs on a forum...
Seconded.

That seems like a good idea kuro_neko.
Tell her something about how many different people visit this forum and that there are *still* fans that adore her songwriting. And tell her to release KZK -second season- (jk).
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 05:12 AM   #7
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

May I also suggest that you write in hot pink sparkly marker to catch her attention? I think you have plenty of those fancy pens in Japanese stationery stores. (If hot pink is the norm, choose another bright colour.)

Anyway.

First of all, tell her to come here!
And then the important message:

Tell her to go solo again!
Old 2008.07.01, 05:17 AM   #8
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
And then the important message:

Tell her to go solo again!
She'll go HF-solo if you say that. You have to be more specific
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.01, 05:29 AM   #9
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shinji, why do I keep thinking that you're NCORE? *shrugs*

Er. HF is a request from her "friend" the director. I don't really consider that SR in her pure midnight form.

I know she's still alive somewhere... she just needs to get over the cloudy days and sweep away the fallen leaves, send a distress call through the ultramarine blue skies, drown in a bathtub and paint her nails a golden colour, and go stomping down the right way around kabuki-chou again.

(I wonder how many people here got all the references in the above sentences.)

FYI: "fallen leaves" refers to Izawa Ichiyou, and not her cover version of that song.
Old 2008.07.01, 05:48 AM   #10
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ooh I should go get a glitter sparkly pink pen, that would totally work. can someone make an EMF graphic? If we can make maybe like only a few inches, to fit inside a tiny book, I can paste it in there then write our message (maybe we should put the forum address on there).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote