Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.11, 10:30 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Are there any solo Shiina Ringo songs you haven't fully listened to yet?

Solo works only, because it's more interesting (It'll be predictable if we threw TJ into the mix)

I only recently fully listened to Benkai Debussy, and haven't listened to Akane fully. It took me two years to listen to Gips the whole way through. I don't believe I've heard the whole of Poltergeist, either.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 10:38 AM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've yet to properly listen to CD 3 of ZCS and that's about it actually.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 10:38 AM   #3
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I go through complete chronological debut-order marathons of every nonbootleg from Shiina Ringo and Tokyo Jihen at least once each season, and I don't skip anything during the experience - except maybe omitting the visuals or the non-music on the concerts.

So there is absolutely nothing I haven't fully listened to. In non-marathons, the studio Gips is one of those tracks I love to cut off, or skip completely. The studio version of Koko de Kiss Shite is the next most skippable track ever. I don't find myself skipping over much else (as far as the solo career goes).
Old 2009.04.11, 11:14 AM   #4
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

This thread is so odd. I'm out of words D:
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 11:38 AM   #5
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I only recently fully listened to Benkai Debussy, and haven't listened to Akane fully. It took me two years to listen to Gips the whole way through. I don't believe I've heard the whole of Poltergeist, either.
WHAT?!
You can't call you a fan if you haven't listened to Akane, man!
Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
This thread is so odd. I'm out of words D:
Me too o_o.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 11:50 AM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Yeah, Akane is the quintessential Shiina Ringo song. Thank god I've listened to Karisome Otome otherwise that would indeed be blasphemy. =P
Old 2009.04.11, 11:57 AM   #7
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

How can you not have listened to Shouso Strip from start to end?
And I'm not asking this in a "everybody-should-listen-to-this-album-because-it's-made-of-god" kind of way. I'm asking this in a "aren't-you-a-Ringo-fan-and-if-so-shouldn't-you-listen-to-her-albums-at-least-once-in-your-life" kind of way.
Old 2009.04.11, 12:15 PM   #8
Scribble R

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
How can you not have listened to Shouso Strip from start to end?
And I'm not asking this in a "everybody-should-listen-to-this-album-because-it's-made-of-god" kind of way. I'm asking this in a "aren't-you-a-Ringo-fan-and-if-so-shouldn't-you-listen-to-her-albums-at-least-once-in-your-life" kind of way.
I don't listen to songs I don't like =P Not to the end, anyway.
Old 2009.04.11, 12:23 PM   #9
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Yeah, I keep forgetting that after Generation X - along came the kthxbye generation. It's what happens when technology has more of a role in your childhood than your own parents. We can't call it the ADHD generation anymore, because that would be so 90s.
Old 2009.04.11, 12:41 PM   #10
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I don't listen to songs I don't like =P Not to the end, anyway.
That's like judging Ariamaru Tomi through a 30s preview. Oh, wait.