Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.05.09, 10:37 AM   #1
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Default Keyboards (the musical kind) -- "Musicians" opinions welcome

So a couple weeks ago, I dusted off my sleeves and started making videos again after over a year of nothing. Did my first successful green screen, used my hawt new camera. But there was one thing I was really hoping to throw into the mix and that is produce my own music for at least one of the vids.

But with my other arm broken, my guitar was out of the question. So I decided I wanted a keyboard of sorts. But alas I only had a week to churn out these vids so I didnt have time to go searching. In my mind I had sorta had the idea of getting an M audio Oxygen 47 since it was cheap and seems versatile. Then the other day I went to Sam Ash and fell in love with a Korg r3 synthesizer. That however is $600 and more than I paid for my camera (my cam was worth more than the price tho.)

So if anyone has any knowledge in the area and could help me, it'd be appreciated. I don't really care if its a MIDI controller (like the Oxygen) or a full out Synth (the Korg.) What I am looking for is something that's programmable. Given my situation, that would help immensely if I could strike one key, and it played a whole "more complicated" note. I don't imagine the Korg would allow me to do that anyway. The more noises I could make with it the better, as thats all I wind up doing with my guitar anyway rather than "playing" anything.

I'm interested in cheap and versatile. I'm sure I could get some dream if I plunked down a grand, but I'm not willing to do that. I'm a garage-budget kinda guy.