Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.09.06, 03:28 PM   #931
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

Oh wow, yes!! Thank you I hope I can find this game again some day.
Old 2008.09.08, 12:32 AM   #932
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I just spent the weekend playing Spore.
Reached the Space Phase 2 times, which means, 2 creatures were evolved from Cell to Space.
I think it is a bit simple in terms of what you can do, but in terms of detail and personalization, it is so huge that it is enough for me to spend hours and hours... personalizing =P
In terms of objectives, it's also a bit lacking, since there's only 3 main options of evolution, but meh, It's very addictive if you think about it not being a regular game.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.10, 08:40 PM   #933
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Currently playing Merceneries 2 on PS3!! it's so difficult!! but a lot of fun.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.11, 02:48 AM   #934
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Ahh.. Merceneries 2 won't be getting it's contract renewed!!!!! I got utterly bored by it after 5 hours! it was all just a lot of 'seen it all before' I'm gonna go and get my money back for it! so the wait goes on for a game to make me think 'this was worth owning a PS3 for'
Old 2008.09.11, 02:57 AM   #935
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Ahh.. Merceneries 2 won't be getting it's contract renewed!!!!! I got utterly bored by it after 5 hours! it was all just a lot of 'seen it all before' I'm gonna go and get my money back for it! so the wait goes on for a game to make me think 'this was worth owning a PS3 for'
It's funny how you were amused by the game and then 6 hours later you hate it xD
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.11, 03:00 AM   #936
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

it was initial excitement given the games hype and the fact the first one was pretty good! but it fell into samey old territory!! go here bang bang go there bang bang! and head shots don't drop an enemy in one hit!! DISGUSTING! and the characters were cliche beyond belief.. I'll listen to Public Enemy from now on!!

Don't believe The Hype
Old 2008.09.11, 03:21 AM   #937
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

My friends brought Mercenaries 2 over yesterday. It was good fun for a while, but it was soooo unpolished. Full of bugs, graphical glitches etc. I had much more fun with Just cause 1.5 years ago which didn't have as much going on in terms of destructibility or weapons, but it looked beautiful from a height, the land area was huge and it was so insanely ridiculous and cool. You can tell they rushed Mercenaries 2 onto the market so it didn't clash with the mass ammounts of great games coming out over the next few months. It really could have done with another 2-3 months of tweaking.

Oh and it gave gamerpoints out like crazy. My friend got 50 points for attempting to join an online co-op match... just clicking the option. When he successfully joined he got another 50 points. Ridiculous.
Old 2008.09.11, 05:25 AM   #938
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I think you'll have to wait until LittleBigPlanet. Or maybe Heavy Rain.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.11, 05:45 AM   #939
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I played Pure golem! Fantastic fun! Just the type of game I was looking for. I don't know if I'll purchase it the day it comes out, as there's a lot of games I want over the next 3 months, but I'll definitely buy it at some point.
Old 2008.09.11, 06:19 AM   #940
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

Getting Yakuza 2 NOW.