Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.25, 02:10 AM   #71
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I like both versions very much, if I take DV's Souretsu as an interely different song
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.25, 03:41 AM   #72
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I like both versions very much, if I take DV's Souretsu as an interely different song
I think it too!
it's like yattsuke shigoto

OMG rep pawaa 4 O.o'

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.25, 06:14 AM   #73
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
Am I the only one who agress with Maou here? KSK's "Souretsu" absolutely destroys the live performance.
Nope, I'm right there with you guys. I don't like the bunny ear performance very much.

I prefer the studio version of KZK songs over any live performance of them. For me, it's all in the details in regards to that album. Though, I do enjoy the EM versions quite a bit in their own right.

Silverrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.27, 09:42 AM   #74
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

For the most part, I like the EM versions more. KSK sounds a little bland/boring compared to the energy of Tokyo Jihen. What they lose in subtlety, they gain in energy. The only time they really failed a KSK song was Poltergeist. They shouldn't have played that. On the other hand, Meisai, Kuki, and Odaijini from EM destroy the album versions.
Old 2008.07.27, 03:40 PM   #75
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
On the other hand, Meisai, Kuki, and Odaijini from EM destroy the album versions.
As songs on their own, you might be correct. But as a part of a bigger thing (aka KZK), the album versions are "perfect".
Old 2008.07.28, 01:00 AM   #76
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
On the other hand, Meisai, Kuki, and Odaijini from EM destroy the album versions.
Now this is where I completely disagree with you. In my opinion, there is not ONE version of a song from KSK that has been performed better live (or in ZCS's case, the original "Yattsuke Shigoto"). KSK just did it right the first time and I find that the EM versions tend to lose something that the original recording had. That's not to say that they are bad but I feel that they don't really improve upon any of them. I feel like Electric Mole improved upon just about every song performed except for the ones from KSK (the only one that I find on par would be "Doppelganger", the performance really gave me a new appreciation for it).

"Meisai" didn't have the orgasmic Saito Neko and Ukigumo violin/guitar duel at the end, "Kuki" did not feel as climactic as the album version did, and "Odaiji ni" I felt lost a lot of its bite with the screeching guitar out of the mix. It was turned into a normal ballad. Great performance, but I think the song was done better on the album.

Just my opinion, of course.

But one song that could possibly surpass all of the other versions was "Ringo no Uta". Ugh... why was it cut short??? I adore the version on EM. I would kill for a full version of it.
Old 2008.07.28, 05:41 AM   #77
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I adored KSK but even so, I think the EM version of Stem -KILLS- the album version; srsly? The way they just shred into the guitars at the beginning? Awesome!

And the EM version of Odaijini! How can any studio recording top that level of raw emotion she puts in that last line she delivers?

I mean, the studio recordings are all perfect "on paper", but when you take into account the experience you get when you're listening to the stuff, I think the live versions hit me a bit harder.

Like Dynamite Out! Just about every song there was done superior to the studio version.

Now back to the topic - I seriously find it hard to fathom so much hate for VARIETY because I think it is actually a very, very competent pop album.

Regardless, my list for 'worst' mixtape would look something like this:

1. Nobara
2. Kimi wo aisu
3. Kuroi orufe (I think we can detect a pattern here)
4. Kougousei (weak song, bad recording)
5. Hai hai (this is the sort of song I can only appreciate as a Ringo 'novelty', having already known what fantastic stuff she is capable of)
6. B.B. Queen
7. Karada
8. SERIVCE (JCHI version - I almost always skip this on the DVD)

And that's about it, really.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.28, 06:22 AM   #78
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^Yeah, agree with Service JCHI.. I like hai hai and kougousei though..

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
As songs on their own, you might be correct. But as a part of a bigger thing (aka KZK), the album versions are "perfect".
I'm with you on this

Last edited by NCORE : 2008.07.28 at 06:25 AM.
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.28, 04:24 PM   #79
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
1. Nobara
2. Kimi wo aisu
3. Kuroi orufe (I think we can detect a pattern here)
4. Kougousei (weak song, bad recording)
5. Hai hai (this is the sort of song I can only appreciate as a Ringo 'novelty', having already known what fantastic stuff she is capable of)
6. B.B. Queen
7. Karada
8. SERIVCE (JCHI version - I almost always skip this on the DVD)
I know it's hard to make a "Worst Ringo Songs Mixtape"... But seriously, Kougousei? I wouldn't even consider that to be a "Normal" song!
Anyway, the only ones I agree with are JCHI's Service and maybe B.B. Queen.
I kind of understand your problem with Nobara, but seriously, I love that song =P