Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.08, 10:21 AM   #41
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Killer Tune is the number 1 music video on iTunes Japan and the single has been floating around the top list for quite a while

as long as ringo and the boys have enough money to record and publish I could care less how many fans they have. my favorite artist outside ringo is extremely indies, I have been to see her in shows in tiny underground basement-ish live houses with maybe 200 or 300 people. you can't let sales worry you, clearly ringo doesn't. and people who say they just want to see them get the fame they deserve need to take a quick status report, these guys are at the forefront of the entire music industry in japan. anytime you go into ANY music store anytime NEAR their release you find magazines plastered with them (ringo's face is a constant on the bigger rock magazines like Rockin On) and entire set up's, posters, displays, you name it. Everytime I have gone to Tower Records to pick up a new single usually the artwork of their cd is the first thing to greet me off the escalator. I mean, clearly at this point in their career Tokyo Jihen sells themselves, and I think EMI pretty much knows this (besides, after so many years of trying to control Ringo into creative decisions and marketing schemes, how well did that work? They realized they could get rich by just letting her go nuts on her own).

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.09.08 at 10:25 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 10:27 AM   #42
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
In the grand scheme of all things EMF, no bonus DVD's just mean there's less things to talk about in this forum. Although TJ's recent materials are straying slightly into the mainstream, TJ/SR in general have always marketed themselves to not play the game by the book, SOO I reckon that the over all success and popularity (As I'm assuming that Op2's rant is about a possible downfall in popularity for TJ reflected by bad sales) of TJ's phase 3 will be, as according to Jihad's theory, based on their live performances. JCHI sold quite a few tickets, and that made Adult successful, now we just have to see if spa n' treatment will pull off the hat trick.
How can a concert after the cd came out make the cd more successful? No one goes to a concert before hearing the album unless the concert goes first.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 10:32 AM   #43
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Maybe that's the secret plan to lower all TJ sales. Their reaction is to swap Kameda and Ringo.
They form a new group that makes shitty music with 7 different edition on the release date and sell like hell. That way, the two of them don't have to share the money.
Happy End.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 04:42 PM   #44
alleon86

alleon86 is headed in the right direction

there is only one person that EMI cared for , that is Ms. Utada. If they work half as hard for tokyo jihen as they are for Ms. Utada, TJ will have a much easier time.

EMI got what for Ms. Utada? That right, Hana Yori Dango, one of the most watch drama for 2007, and Evangelion, one of the most hyped up anime of the year. Not to mention those heyheyhey and tv appearances.

what do they did for TJ...?
alleon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 05:27 PM   #45
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know if that is exactly emi's fault that none of TJs songs are featured in anime and tv shows. Most anime songs are usually pretty catchy and simpler stuff so I don't know how well TJs songs would fit as themes for them. Maybe one or two songs would work but I think their songs are hard to place for anime use. But I could be mistaken since I don't watch much anime.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 05:33 PM   #46
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
How can a concert after the cd came out make the cd more successful? No one goes to a concert before hearing the album unless the concert goes first.
Damn it I should've said phase 2 instead of Adult ; when I mean successful I don't mean just album sales figures, its an overall popularity thang, mang.
Old 2007.09.08, 06:33 PM   #47
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thank God Tokyo Jihen doesn't make music for anime.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 06:37 PM   #48
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

..give it time >_>
Old 2007.09.08, 06:37 PM   #49
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I don't mind if they make music for anime if both the anime and music are good.
Old 2007.09.08, 06:42 PM   #50
alleon86

alleon86 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
Thank God Tokyo Jihen doesn't make music for anime.
im not saying TJ should make music for anime. Im trying to show how hard EMI is working for Utada compared to TJ.
alleon86 is offline   Reply With Quote