Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2008.05.29, 01:43 PM   #1
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer
Default Cookies and log in times?

If I spend more than a few minutes on a reply to a post, I find that I have been logged out. I read in the FAQ that
This forum also gives you the option to use a cookie to track your current session, ensuring that you remain logged-on while browsing the site. If you choose not to store this information in a cookie, the session data will be sent through each link you click. Choosing not to use a cookie may cause problems if your computer's connection to the Internet uses a proxy-server and you share links with other users behind the same proxy. If in doubt, we recommend that you select 'yes' to enable the cookie. After you have registered, you may alter your cookie options at any time by changing the settings on this page.
but I cannot find anything pertaining to cookies in my CP.

I really don't even know if this is the root of my problem, or if it is actually just my problem, me being a rather poky, reflective poster. Any info would be appreciated.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.29, 02:18 PM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There should be a "Remember Me" checkbox near where you type in your username and password, before you submit. I'm never asked to re-login unless I deliberately log out, or change my password while using multiple computers (because the other computers do not have updated cookies to reflect the password change).
Old 2008.05.30, 02:17 AM   #3
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I just had to log in again after spending 25 minutes writing a post. I guess even "Remember Me" doesn't work if you are inactive long enough.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.06, 07:58 AM   #4
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

^^ Well i have had this problem too from the start and still have it occasionally from time to time and im quite sure i havent disabled
cookies from this site. I have to normally re-log, if i have spent some odd 20 minutes or something maybe even lesser? In browsing the forums or when i'm in the middle of my post to some topic. It's quite annoying. Not that it's hard to just log in again. But on a sidenote this has happened though in some other sites too so it's just no EM *feature*
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.06, 11:23 AM   #5
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

That's happening to me with Yahoo Mail and Gmail. I think it's a Firefox 3 thing. It's pissing me off... I have to clear my cookies before I can log into the sites again.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 01:31 PM   #6
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Firefox 3 thing.
I had this in my mind too..and it's probably the reason behind it, i mean ever since i installed the all hyped never version of Firefox..i been having multiple errors regarding of my network and how it's working..had no problem with Firefox 2. But ever since i installed the never one, occasionally, i cant acces sites, or they take many minutes to load and even if then they load, if theres any images on the site they may not load fully or they take many minutes to load (once again) no suprise etc. And like after ten minutes of waiting.. bang! i can acces those sites that i couldnt previosly connect to. But still going to stick with mozillas products, just have to wait that they fix their bugs and whatever is wrong with their products these days. Quite annoying but hell have to stick with it. opera is too geeky for me with its all pre installed applications like build in torrent clients etc, makes me dizzy

Last edited by benkai ringo : 2008.07.07 at 02:15 PM.
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote