Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.08, 07:51 PM   #51
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

•CD " WATASHI TO HOUDEN " 7/2/2008 release
first press: TOCT-26274-75 3,800 yen (tax in)
regular press: TOCT-26276-77 3,600 yen (tax in)
*first press bonus: 10th anniversary live ticket pre-sale information enclose

•DVD " WATASHI NO HATSUDEN " 7/2/2008 release
TOBF-5577 3,400 yen (tax in)

•Shiina Ringo (live)Dr. Ringo'08 ~10th anniversary ceremony festival~
Place: Saitama Super Arena
Date: November
Concert: 3 days concert

It looks like the CD will have 22 songs, B-sides and unreleased tracks
and the DVD will have videoclips from Koufukuron to Konoyonokagiri with addition of Mellow

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2008.05.08 at 08:01 PM.
Old 2008.05.08, 07:56 PM   #52
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I prefer the ZCS version of Gamble over the HF version, mainly for the original's momentum. The HF Gamble tries to have its calm before the storm, but the problem is the storm doesn't quite have the fury I want, which could've made the clam that much cooler. Even the guitar-driven Sakuran version of Gamble lacks the momentum of ZCS Gamble, though it still worked sufficiently well for the scene.

I'm going to have to agree with Tokyo Jihad that the ZCS version of Mellow is too good to remake. A segregated PV of ZCS Mellow would be awesome, because then I could use it as one of many tools to introduce new listeners to Shiina Ringo. A PV of a SaitoNeko-ized Mellow, crossfaded amongst other PVs I already own, would be sacrilege. Any other kind of re-arrangement would be "Meh", like the Phase 2 version of Marunouchi Sadistic. Just because Shiina Ringo is a dame now, doesn't mean she needs to deny the spunk she exhibited before.
Old 2008.05.08, 08:18 PM   #53
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
•CD " WATASHI TO HOUDEN " 7/2/2008 release
first press: TOCT-26274-75 3,800 yen (tax in)
regular press: TOCT-26276-77 3,600 yen (tax in)

•DVD " WATASHI NO HATSUDEN " 7/2/2008 release
TOBF-5577 3,400 yen (tax in)

•Shiina Ringo (live)Dr. Ringo'08 ~10th anniversary ceremony festival~
Place: Saitama Super Arena
Date: November
Concert: 3 days concert

It looks like the CD will have 22 songs, B-sides and unreleased tracks
and the DVD will have videoclips from Koufukuron to Konoyonokagiri with addition of Mellow
Two can play the double-post game!

I find it very interesting that first-press and second-press of the CDs, have different catalog numbers and different prices. It makes no sense to do that just for the upcoming concert. I wouldn't be surprised if the first-press copies had a packaging difference aside from the pre-sale information, like how every Tokyo Jihen album/single except Shuraba (correct me if I'm wrong), has had different spines for first-press. In any case, with the different catalog numbers, folks here will be able to use vendors other than CD Japan, and actually know which version they're getting - a practice I think should be more common among publishers, if most vendors won't take charge.

So previous unreleased tracks with an S, as in, more than one? If they're completely new songs rather than re-arrangements, that would be great (though to be a completionist I'll buy the CD and DVD anyway).

The crossfading and 96kHz/24bit audio totally robbed KYNK of the video quality it deserved. If they're not declaring 96kHz/24bit on this PV collection, then I'm assuming it's good ol' 48kHz/16bit, with far better video quality. Also, it would be bastardly to release KYNK with crossfading twice, and I have more faith in humanity than that, so I'm going to assume these are segregated PVs that could be played consecutively, but don't have to be.
Old 2008.05.08, 08:52 PM   #54
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

See, im a bit lackluster on the fading too...but I dont really care since y'know I've seen these vids before. But I dont *think* you'd be able to play the separate clips individually w/o crossfading then view them sequentially in crossfaded glory. I'm pretty sure the only way it might work is if they faded to black where itd normally cross...but that still seems like a separate render that I don't think they'd do. So were likely "stuck" with crossfading, but I could be wrong.

Let the "unreleased track(s)" speculation rage!
(Toumei Ningen -- dynamite style??!

...i know, i know, its not solo...)

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.05.08 at 08:56 PM.
Old 2008.05.08, 08:59 PM   #55
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
See, im a bit lackluster on the fading too...but I dont really care since y'know I've seen these vids before. But I dont *think* you'd be able to play the separate clips individually w/o crossfading then view them sequentially in crossfaded glory. I'm pretty sure the only way it might work is if they faded to black where itd normally cross...but that still seems like a separate render that I don't think they'd do. So were likely "stuck" with crossfading, but I could be wrong.

Let the "unreleased track(s)" speculation rage!
You don't need crossfading in order to play PVs back-to-back. It's been accomplished in plenty of PV collections. You just use proxy Titles/Chapters. You have all these separate Titles for each individual PV when you only want to view one at a time, and you have another Title where every Chapter within it, is each of the PVs consecutively (and still with no crossfading - maybe there's some blackscreen on the end of each one). The PVs exist in both locations at once, without taking up double+ the space, unlike widescreen/fullscreen or 720p/1080p. It's one of the very few things that didn't get fucked up when The DVD Standard was being finalized.
Old 2008.05.08, 09:04 PM   #56
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well yeah, i know you dont need crossfading to play them consecutively or that youd need them twice to play em individually. But i'm saying that if you crossfade an image, you have the current vid and the next vid together in the video, which would be different and undesireable if youre wanting to watch just the isolated track.

Tho now that I think of it, you could if you just made just the crossfaded bit "seperate"and only tell that to run when in the sequence, but I digress
Old 2008.05.08, 09:06 PM   #57
Yahiko

I'm not sure if she will include her cover coupling songs in this CD... it would make more sense with only original songs in one cd and the unreleased ones in the other... unreleased as in.. kageriyuku hana? spica? the other covers? the demos? new songs? new arrangements? I'm getting the DVD... and if I have money enough till there... I'll buy the CD also.. it's a nice 'first item' to any fan!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.05.08, 09:34 PM   #58
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I'm not sure if she will include her cover coupling songs in this CD... it would make more sense with only original songs in one cd and the unreleased ones in the other... unreleased as in.. kageriyuku hana? spica? the other covers? the demos? new songs? new arrangements? I'm getting the DVD... and if I have money enough till there... I'll buy the CD also.. it's a nice 'first item' to any fan!
I'm not saying you're a part of this movement (you're merely speculating the spin that the publisher may choose to put on this), but I don't understand why a lot of fans have the mentality that releasing one Shiina Ringo track exclusively amongst an album full of nonRingo songs, equates as "rare/unreleased". Some people even feel that B-Sides are "rare/unreleased" simply because they refuse to buy any CDs other than albums. This kind of attitude from people, gets me totally 'miffed' (I'm borrowing some Jihad-ism here).

A track is legitimately rare when it's not only out-of-print, but also when there aren't at least a dozen auctions for it per month. Shiroi Yume is a legitimately rare track. Any other tracks either have retail availability, or they're bootlegs (with Georgy Porgy being an exception). Just because an actively-published product gives you less Shiina Ringo tracks than you're willing pay for, doesn't mean these tracks are rare or unreleased. That's bullshit. Some publishers are catering to this mentality, but I suspect it is more of an American perspective. Even Europeans seem to take singles a little more seriously than the average American does. I don't really foresee a Japanese publisher flagging those particular tracks as 'unreleased', even if they wanted to, mainly because most/all those 'rare' covers weren't even published by EMI to begin with.
Old 2008.05.08, 10:01 PM   #59
Yahiko

the article I read says "unreleased tracks" but I personally have no clue what does that mean to japanese people or whoever wrote/detailed it ... of course my hopes go for new stuff we never had access to.. but I think that's too good to be true at that point

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.05.08, 11:03 PM   #60
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

"Watashi to Houden," the 'to' there seems more like a 'with' than an 'and.' So maybe it's something like "Discharge with Me" although that sounds super dirty. Maybe "Explode with Me." Also dirty! Hard to escape now! ahhh XD

As for "Watashi no Hatsuden," something like "My Generation of Electricity" (gah, so awkward). So obviously they're connected, a generation of power results in an electrical discharge.
Closed Thread