Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.04.17, 02:12 PM   #51
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I think Dirk coming back in a week from ankle sprain and playing a couple games in a cast should be proof that the man's no punk.

So exciting seeing a SA PHO first round match up, too bad one of them is gonna go home early, it will be devastating no matter who it is, but probably a little more so for PHO.

I'm picking DAL to go to the conference finals, hoping that someone would take care of the Lakers before then.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.19, 02:34 PM   #52
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Howbout dem spurs?
Old 2008.04.19, 04:11 PM   #53
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Howbout dem spurs?
They kicked ass, and I was chearing for them all the way, cause I can't stand Shaq.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.04.21, 06:25 PM   #54
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Howbout dem spurs?
The only way to describe that game is "epic." The Duncan three was the highlight of the night followed by Manu being rejected by a standing Shaq and Manu being fouled by his own teammate.
Old 2008.04.21, 08:22 PM   #55
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Just for the record, even though I'm originally from Austin, I can't stand the Spurs, but that was an interesting game. And actually I've been a Magics fan since it became a franchise, and man, all I can say is Howard was cleaning the glass all night. But the Celts are playing too good for them not to go all the way.
Old 2008.04.24, 12:14 PM   #56
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

The Allas Mavericks are too soft. It's just Dirk (who is soft) with a bunch of bench players around him. Thank goodness that Ason Kidd didn't get traded to LA.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Lakers taking down the Enver Nuggets.

I hate that I like the Spurs because they will probably end up playing LA. But that shot by Tim Duncan was amazing. America really does run on Duncan.

(Dunkin Donuts)

Elgin Baylor is an a-hole for scoring 22 points in one quarter of the playoffs and Kobe only got 20.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.24, 12:32 PM   #57
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
The Allas Mavericks are too soft. It's just Dirk (who is soft) with a bunch of bench players around him. Thank goodness that Ason Kidd didn't get traded to LA.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Lakers taking down the Enver Nuggets.

I hate that I like the Spurs because they will probably end up playing LA. But that shot by Tim Duncan was amazing. America really does run on Duncan.
You trying to rile me up man? Dirk is soft? Coming back in a week from a ankle sprain and playing in a cast is soft?
Jason didn't play well in that second game, but that was partly because the team as a whole couldn't stop NO. Jason lives off pushing the ball after the rebound, there's no ball to push when NO is making every shot.

Kobe can average 60 points a game, win every individual award, and still people will hate him. It's not rational, but it's a reality.

I'm surprised that the Spurs are making such easy work of the Suns. Who would've thought that Duncan would perform like a God against a front line like Amare and Shaq.

Old 2008.04.24, 01:08 PM   #58
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
You trying to rile me up man? Dirk is soft? Coming back in a week from a ankle sprain and playing in a cast is soft?
Jason didn't play well in that second game, but that was partly because the team as a whole couldn't stop NO. Jason lives off pushing the ball after the rebound, there's no ball to push when NO is making every shot.

Kobe can average 60 points a game, win every individual award, and still people will hate him. It's not rational, but it's a reality.

I'm surprised that the Spurs are making such easy work of the Suns. Who would've thought that Duncan would perform like a God against a front line like Amare and Shaq.
All I'm saying is that Kobe would never say something like "I don't want to play the Lakers in the playoffs" or get touched in the faced without like a little punk.

Plus, I don't care who hates Kobe, he proves everyone wrong all the time. This season is set up to be a dream. Possibilities of MVP AND a Ring. Kobe would love to run his hands through those trophies' hair.

I'm not really surprised about the Spurs and Suns. It's always the same. But, it wouldn't really say it was "easy" work. That first game they really had to come back hard.
Old 2008.04.24, 01:18 PM   #59
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
All I'm saying is that Kobe would never say something like "I don't want to play the Lakers in the playoffs" or get touched in the faced without like a little punk.

Plus, I don't care who hates Kobe, he proves everyone wrong all the time. This season is set up to be a dream. Possibilities of MVP AND a Ring. Kobe would love to run his hands through those trophies' hair.

I'm not really surprised about the Spurs and Suns. It's always the same. But, it wouldn't really say it was "easy" work. That first game they really had to come back hard.
It was easy in the sense that Duncan has been ramming his manhood into the Suns' frontline. That first game was close, but I was surprised at how Duncan has been dominating a frontline that was brought in just to stop him.

The mavs know they don't match up well against the Lakers, like how the Spurs didn't really want the Suns in the first round. All the teams in the league have some specific nemesis that seems to have their number.
I think that the Lakers will match up well against any team in the league though. Still can't fucking believe they got Gasol for chump change, The Nets could've made a better offer dammit!

Was just pointing out the fact that no matter what Kobe does, people will still hate him, he just finds ways to have people hate on him. He's the second best SG ever, but has there ever been a player that so much people love to hate? The guy is athletic, exciting to watch, plays hard every night, and he's photogenic. Still can't push myself to root for him though.

Old 2008.04.24, 01:52 PM   #60
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
It was easy in the sense that Duncan has been ramming his manhood into the Suns' frontline. That first game was close, but I was surprised at how Duncan has been dominating a frontline that was brought in just to stop him.

The mavs know they don't match up well against the Lakers, like how the Spurs didn't really want the Suns in the first round. All the teams in the league have some specific nemesis that seems to have their number.
I think that the Lakers will match up well against any team in the league though. Still can't fucking believe they got Gasol for chump change, The Nets could've made a better offer dammit!

Was just pointing out the fact that no matter what Kobe does, people will still hate him, he just finds ways to have people hate on him. He's the second best SG ever, but has there ever been a player that so much people love to hate? The guy is athletic, exciting to watch, plays hard every night, and he's photogenic. Still can't push myself to root for him though.
I know everyone seems to have someone they don't want to face, but you don't have to go out and SAY IT.

As for Kobe, I think this new loving to hate thing might be a sort of phenomenon of our generation. Whether it be because of the ridiculous amounts of money's athletes get now, the internet and blogs, more vulgarity in public or whatever, it seems nowadays anyone in any field gets more hate than ever in history. I don't think there is a single person that everyone (not every single person, but in general) loves. Even the nicest guys have some haters, it's just that some players now are just more polarizing. I don't know anyone that is in between on Kobe; it's either hate him or love him.