Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2018.10.31, 07:12 PM   #1
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default Saw Nick Cave in concert on Sunday at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto

The concert was fantastic, they played a lot of old favourites, From Her To Eternity, Tupelo, The Ship Song, The Weeping Song, Do You Love Me, Loverman, Stagger Lee, God In The House...which I like, cos I'm not that into anything made after Murder Ballads.

Nick Cave is actually a tall and skinny dude, and doesn't work out a lot. He's pretty energetic on stage, I was standing in the second row on the left side of the stage and he came very close a few times. There was this woman beside me that desperately yelled out "please Nick, let me touch you once, I've waited 25 years" blah blah blah, and Nick just took her hand and dragged her on stage for like a minute, and another time, he came to the edge of the stage, there's this old lady, and he said "what do you want woman", which was pretty funny.

There was this hot Asian chick in front of me that gave me a funny look when she first saw me, during the concert, people in the front got really close to each other, and people pushing me from the back, somehow I grabbed her ass cheek by accident, and she just kept grinding me up and down along the music, I thought it was hot...

Anyway, I had wonderful time, dunno if I will see him again though, but ticket was expensive, I paid $127.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.31, 07:15 PM   #2
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I've seen Nick Cave a few times.

I saw a young girl punch the dentures out of an old ladies mouth, which consequently flew out and hit my mate's back at one.

True story, couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

Definitely worth going to see him.
Old 2018.10.31, 07:36 PM   #3
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yeah I'm glad I saw him.

I noticed that some musicians don't come to the city for years, so it really could be a once in a life time opportunity, next time they come they could be 10 years old...I regret not seeing PJ Harvey last year (wasn't going to concerts for a while).

I really want to see Fiona Apple and Yamantaka Sonic Titan next.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.31, 07:44 PM   #4
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yamantaka Sonic Titan look to be pretty great live, even if their new album isn't as good as the first two.