Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.12.07, 02:41 AM   #101
Shiki

Shiki is headed in the right direction

Er, what were you expecting? It's just a rehash of stuff that's already been released...
Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.08, 06:06 PM   #102
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

the only items from her anniversary collection that have been awesome were Zazen Ecstasy and the upcoming Super Arena concert dvd.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.08, 10:21 PM   #103
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Still no replacement order shipment notice from HMV.
Old 2008.12.10, 03:08 AM   #104
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

Oh that sucks...........HMV cancelled my order, so they did sort things out in the end for me. That was just before you had your problem so maybe they are still working through them all? I hope it works out soon, I still think it's cool that you get both boxes in the end.

I'm happy my Yesasia CD box arrived today......which worked out £30 cheaper than ordering from HMV in the end .
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.10, 09:26 PM   #105
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Just what I knew was going to happen.

HMV says it's now on back order from the supplier (aka we can't get it).

And now it's sold out from yesasia.

Kill me.
Old 2008.12.10, 10:45 PM   #106
pocket

Aww man that sucks, but you will get a refund? Yesasia went from in stock to sold out real quickly then.

You have the DVD box though still, you are not completely empty handed (not that saying that is particularly helpful)
Old 2008.12.10, 11:00 PM   #107
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Just what I knew was going to happen.

HMV says it's now on back order from the supplier (aka we can't get it).

And now it's sold out from yesasia.

Kill me.
I would really like to help you somehow (with or without making a profit), but unfortunately I couldn't spare any money to buy extras of either MoRA box - because I bought too many of the LPs. Not even the Otaku store that often hoards rares like this, has managed to stock any of MoRA. If I knew of an obscure source that had better prices than Yahoo! Japan Auctions (where somebody paid 20,000yen for a like-new DVD box recently), I would point you in their direction. I am so, so sorry.

Originally Posted by pocket View Post
Aww man that sucks, but you will get a refund? Yesasia went from in stock to sold out real quickly then.

You have the DVD box though still, you are not completely empty handed (not that saying that is particularly helpful)
Actually it's worse. He's stuck with the CD box. I just had to look back through his older posts to be sure, because I was somewhat confused about it like you are. Here are his older posts:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!

HMV sent me a fucking CD Box instead of a DVD Box... I'm so fucking pissed. The receipt and everything says the DVD one, but it's the CD one, I'm sure...
It says TOCT26761 on the sticker. The DVD box is TOBF5601.
Plus it says 4CD, not 6DVD. And it also lists the 4 CDs on the front sticker. So my assumption is that it is indeed the CD box.

I'm not opening it in case they let me send it back for a DVD box replacement, even though THEY'RE FREAKING SOLD OUT. I am so very pissed.
Old 2008.12.10, 11:20 PM   #108
pocket

Thanks Glath, for that. I feel really badly now because he got the CD box instead of the DVD box. I only bought the CD box personally for the actual discs to replace the physical discs I lost, because it worked out cheaper and I didn't need the cases since I still have the originals.

I'm so surprised that it's sold out so fast, even on sites that usually have stuff like this left over for ages as you mentioned Otaku who still have copies of Adult pour Homme.

It really must of been limited, since I've heard more people say they wouldn't buy it rather than would, even those my friends in Japan who left shitty prerelease messages on HMV Japan etc eventually caved in and bought one of the boxes seeing that it was getting rare.

I know Maou said he saw them in shops everywhere, I probably think it's just a little different now if they are going for 20,000 yen on YAJ.
Old 2008.12.10, 11:59 PM   #109
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Yeah, perhaps HMV would not have "sold-out" their CD boxes so fast, if they were not handing out one or more copies of it in-place of the DVD box that some customers like Jesse had actually paid for.

As for my 20,000yen quote, that was very close to when the MoRA boxes first became available on Y!JA. When something is really old or really new, and many aspiring collectors didn't already know what the insides of the packaging looked like - you would be amazed at how high that Japanese people will bid on something unsealed when (and because) there's pictures of the inner-packaging. They will often bid even more for something like-new, as they would bid for the same thing in factory-sealed condition, even when there's pending auctions for factory-sealed copies of the same product at the same time. I used to be under the impression that western society had the only impulse-driven window shoppers, but even Japanese people are often guilty of the practice where one auction has starting price of 1000yen, another auction has a starting price of 10000yen, and the 1000-yen auction will get bids all the way up to 12000yen while the 10000yen auction is ignored - for the same item in the same condition from equally reputable sellers!

Sometimes bidders haven't lost their minds. You keep looking around and eventually you'll get 'lucky' (and no, I did not participate in that auction - I'm too poor right now and the yen is way too fucking strong this season).
Old 2008.12.11, 01:35 AM   #110
pocket

Oh I follow Yahoo Auctions Japan for stuff from other bands/artists I follow. I've bought 1st press albums only to see them triple in price the week after 1st press has sold out. It's silly that people don't buy a freely available pre-order album/CD on the shelf in the store from a band they really like for the typical 3000 yen, knowing that it will often sell out a week or so after release and become stupidly inflated a month later with auction fees etc on top. I know some stuff sells out on pre-order but I've never missed out and I've ordered from shops that used to unapologetically give priority to Japanese customers over foreign orders at every opportunity. (not that it bothers me). The whole "what's inside? WOW now I see it, I want it" thing is a really powerful motivator then? *lol*

The yen for me has gone from 220 per £ down to 130 per £. However that is NOT going to put me off buying a mint Sounan vinyl (not sealed, I'm gonna play it anyway) that my friend picked up for me for 250yen at a record store that shut down a couple of weeks ago. I have to pay postage in yen cash for that and a couple of other things he got for me since he has problems with his bank account at the moment. *__* But I am sooooooooooo not complaining at the prices, just the yen rate.

Last edited by pocket : 2008.12.11 at 01:45 AM.