Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.12.11, 01:55 AM   #111
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sorry my posts got kinda confusing! And thanks for the kind words!

Yeah I wouldn't be so pissed if I ordered the CD box and got the DVD box, since I already have the CDs. But the other way around.. ain't so great.

Who knows... HMV might miraculously find a box to send me. If they can't they will refund me. But really, I just want the DVD box.

Their email to me was pretty weirdly worded:

Thank you for shopping at HMV.co.jp. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

We've received the item that you've returned to us and we've placed an order with our supplier so that we can exchange the item for you. (Although they didn't request I send it back at least) Occasionally it is the case that items are no longer available from suppliers - if this is the case with your item, we will refund the full value of this item to you via the same method of payment you originally used to pay for the order.

The status of your product can be checked in Order History section in My Account with the following order number.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

hmv.co.jp
The email notes:

Ringo Shiina
Mora (Ltd)
DVD − Exchange product on order

Estimated Delivery by 17 December 2008(includes 4 day for shipping)
Yet my HMV account notes that it's on 'preorder' to be shipped on the 15th of December.

So it's all a bit confusing. I wish they had've told me this a few days ago, then I would've just canceled and ordered from YesAsia.
Old 2008.12.11, 02:48 AM   #112
Shiki

Shiki is headed in the right direction

Looks like the DVD box has some missing lyrics.

http://www.emimusic.jp/vmc/artist/domestic/ringo/
Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.11, 02:48 AM   #113
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

Because I've had problems with HMV stock orders before, at the first hint of my MoRA order messing up I went to Yesasia since I can always trust their "1/2 days in stock" status message. It probably would of been fine at HMV, but I wanted it alot, cancelled and went to YA.

I thought HMV told you firstly to dispose of the wrong order if you wanted, and they would send you the replacement on top?

This really does suck, I'm sorry. I wonder how many other orders they screwed up?
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.11, 03:34 AM   #114
Jesse

Originally Posted by Shiki View Post
Looks like the DVD box has some missing lyrics.

http://www.emimusic.jp/vmc/artist/domestic/ringo/
Weird... I wonder what the rest of the article says.

And yeah, HMV did say that I could dispose of the one I already had, and they would send a 'replacement' (the correct item) (or as it seems likely now, a refund). But they just sent out the generic email for a replacement order, being as to why it says I sent the item back.
Old 2008.12.11, 09:13 AM   #115
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Well if you end up with a refund, surely you'll be able to exchange with your friend to whom the reverse mistake happened?
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.11, 12:51 PM   #116
Jesse

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
Well if you end up with a refund, surely you'll be able to exchange with your friend to whom the reverse mistake happened?
Hmm.. maybe. Though he was confident HMV would send one out, so he's already opened his DVD box. And I'm not so sure he'll want to trade anymore. I'll have to see about that...
Old 2008.12.11, 01:22 PM   #117
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

and is this guy you are going to swap with in the same country as you? I hope so!
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.11, 06:19 PM   #118
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

well Jesse, in the worst case, you get a refund and a free cd box. And you might be able to sell that to get some extra money to buy a price-hiked dvd box that might eventually turn up on auction.

theres acutally 13 dvd boxes for sale 2nd hand on amazon jp.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.11, 11:01 PM   #119
Jesse

Originally Posted by pocket View Post
and is this guy you are going to swap with in the same country as you? I hope so!
lol... nup. He's in Sweden.. and I'm in Australia. So opposite ends of the world really.

And ShadyNook, I'd never really thought of that, it's a good idea. More than anything I'm just pissed off at all the hassle this has caused, and the now lengthen period of time before I'll have a DVD box. Oh wellll... I'll get it eventually! Hopefully!

- - -

Edit: Has anyone used play-asia before? They supposedly still have it in stock. Though it says "Usually ships within 5-15 days". Which could mean they'd just order it from the supplier, which would amount to nothing, yes?

Last edited by Jesse : 2008.12.11 at 11:23 PM.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.12, 07:30 PM   #120
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I used Play Asia before, when I got screwed by YesAsia over a limited release. They were more expensive, but they had what I wanted when everyone else was sold out, so I say you should try it!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote