Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.07.10, 08:10 AM   #231
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

you people are insane. SG is a fantastic album. This is what I've always been saying, you have this image of Shiina in your mind that makes your expectations too high and then you just end up hating everything. even so, SG is definitely an awesome release. it is on the same level as her other solo albums.

also, i've never complained about Onna no Ko or Tengoku. I've always loved both. Yes, even for the tube.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 08:22 AM   #232
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

"you people" has been exactly one person in this thread that said SG isn't as good as the last three Jihen albums. And what does that matter? Some people think Variety is better than ZCS which is 20 times as nuts.
Old 2011.07.10, 11:59 AM   #233
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think Variety's good... It's just not Ringolicious. Whenever I do listen to it I nod my head and dig the tunes. But there's never anything compelling me to listen to it again like every single other album by TJ and Ringo does.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 04:35 PM   #234
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I don't get the hate for ZCS. After a while, Hai Hai and Fukurande kichatta became 2 of my all time favorite Ringo songs. That in itself makes ZCS worth it.

I still support Variety too though. Kingyo no Hako is boss.

Aaaand, on the subject of the new album... is it bad I haven't listened to it yet? I really just don't have much of an urge to hear it. I will eventually, of course. Just, not right now. I'm on an off Ringo period I guess.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 06:35 PM   #235
das_blibber

Location: Body: Cologne, Germany - Spirit: somewhere in this Universe
das_blibber is headed in the right direction

風に肖って行け ... flak, flak, flak-sensation & frustation & space, space, space invaders "almost near" makes me

off-topic monster
das_blibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 06:40 PM   #236
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I said it before, I'll say it again, 風に肖って行け should have been the last track on the album (not to say to cut out the last 2, but put them somewhere different)
Old 2011.07.10, 07:41 PM   #237
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I think it was kuro_neko who said it, but I'm also really curious about what they'll do next, since they usually make some crazy change in their music from one album to the next, just doesn't seem like they did this time. I also really want to know what TV genre they'll do next. Weather? Cooking? Home Shopping Network? I hope it's Cooking so they'll at least give away recipes or food as first press bonuses.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I said it before, I'll say it again, 風に肖って行け should have been the last track on the album (not to say to cut out the last 2, but put them somewhere different)
No, it's okay. It makes for a good finish and the album sounds just fine without them. Can "Onna no Ko" really fit in anywhere?
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 07:57 PM   #238
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ It kinda has to, being my fave song on the album and all :-p

(maybe not entirely for the song -that I really do like-, but the fact that it's truly THE example of total professional trolling having it there :-p. It's a ballsy move that's for sure)

I should retag Onna no Ko wa Dare demo to "Troll no uta" hardy harr

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.07.10 at 08:18 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 08:30 PM   #239
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I tried putting it before the first "Tengoku" and thought the results were surprisingly good. Putting it in between "Kinjirareta Asobi" and "Dopamint" wasn't that bad either. The end of the song sounds like it could close an album, but the beginning is too abrupt and cheesy to make it a good closer after "Kaze ni Ayakatte Yuke" ends abruptly.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.11, 04:21 AM   #240
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
I think it was kuro_neko who said it, but I'm also really curious about what they'll do next, since they usually make some crazy change in their music from one album to the next, just doesn't seem like they did this time. I also really want to know what TV genre they'll do next. Weather? Cooking? Home Shopping Network? I hope it's Cooking so they'll at least give away recipes or food as first press bonuses.
コマーシャル. It will be a 13-track product placement for Glico.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote