Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.11.04, 02:00 AM   #291
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Nice! Thanks for the mora.jp info!

As far as DRM goes, all of the hi-res audio listings that I see on mora.jp are FLAC files, so no DRM. Unless there's some kind of DRM'd version of FLAC that I don't know about.

I hope the price isn't too insane. I'd like to get Heisei in FLAC too. I remember there was a hi-res release of it in the past, but it was DRM'd WMA files.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 02:07 AM   #292
anonlurker

Already answered but they come in FLAC so should be free from protections! This is also my time to finally snag that Heisei Fuuzoku album as well that I heard was also up for sale.

I checked my card and realized there was no money in it. I had to run and do that this morning so I can be ready to buy these tomorrow morning (GMT) when the cash shows up. That's going to delay my physical version of Sunny by a few days, too. Took my eye off the ball there...

Dat spur of the moment Advanced Warfare purchase is already haunting me.

Press "F" to refund.

Last edited by anonlurker : 2014.11.04 at 02:13 AM.
Old 2014.11.04, 02:20 AM   #293
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

I heard that someone is sharing mora.jp's high quality audio file on the Internet lately, and the audio files are untouched as the post stated.

p.s. the new album is out in FLAC (CD, not high quality) form, find it if you can
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 02:41 AM   #294
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
This is also my time to finally snag that Heisei Fuuzoku album as well that I heard was also up for sale.
Huh?
The only audio I could find at mora.jp related to Shiina Ringo, were AAC files. I see 96/24bit FLACs for other artists, but none for her. Not for the new album, nor for HF (and there'd be no reason to delay the availability of HF). Can you link to an example?
Old 2014.11.04, 02:42 AM   #295
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Huh?
The only audio I could find at mora.jp related to Shiina Ringo, were AAC files. I see 96/24bit FLACs for other artists, but none for her. Not for the new album, nor for HF (and there'd be no reason to delay the availability of HF). Can you link to an example?

It's true, I think it said on Kronekodow that HF was coming out alongside Sunny. In two hours or so theyll be there.

Yeah:

『日出処』・『平成風俗 大吟醸』のハイレゾ音源配信!
椎名林檎のニューアルバム『日出処』、そして『平成風俗 大吟醸』(2007年リリース)のハイレゾ音源を、11月5日(水)より配信することとなりました。ハイサンプリング・フォーマット(96kHz / 24bit)により、CDを凌駕する高音質でご鑑賞いただけます。下記のサイトよりお取込みください。

[配信サイト]
・mora
・e-onkyo music
・HQM STORE
※使用している端末が、海外proxy経由でアクセスしている場合、海外版『HQM STORE』へリダイレクトされます。

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.11.04 at 02:47 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 04:37 AM   #296
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ringo outdid herself with the sequencing on this... album flows really well considering how eclectic it is.

JL005 is really good.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 04:50 AM   #297
3knotsJK

3knotsJK has had more than 15 seconds of fame

She is now honorary shop manager of Tower Records Shinjuku so she tagged the shop:
http://tower.jp/article/news/2014/11/01/n101

Can someone take photos?

Last edited by 3knotsJK : 2014.11.04 at 04:55 AM.
3knotsJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 09:45 AM   #298
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Couldn't wait for my CD to arrive and so I gave in and snooped around and found it. Opinions pending~

ADDENDUM:

First thoughts:
Track 1: Horns and Guitar work = superb, LOVE how she handles the verses. I love her doing this sort of Showakyoku/enka-esque sort of stuff. Also can someone please point me to the origins of this track in her history? It's KILLING me that im not getting it!

Track 2: The way track 1 segues into Jiyuu is FANTASTIC given how different both tracks are. Loved this song from day 1, nothing has changed.

Track 3: Flutes are cute; rotating between the opening for this song and Iroha for my ringtone. I think I liked this song a lot more after watching the CDTV live and seeing the lyrics - it's really a song Of The Moment (2014) in terms of the metaphors and references she draws.

Track 4: This was my favourite song based on the previews. I love how effortlessly she's pulling off the samba.

Track 5: Again, that's some flawless track transition. This might be my favourite song of hers in English. The strings here work magnificently with the guitar. This needs to be the soundtrack to a Bond movie, or some noir-mood perfume commercial, or something. Worth mentioning that so far all the album tracks have been giving me major ADULT vibes.

Track 6: The opening really reminds me of Fools Rush In by Bow Wow Wow. (gods its 3.25am here and I'm up FML Ringo you consume my life). Cute banzai "Ringo!" moments. One of the more forgettable tracks for me so far.

Track 7: I kind of wish she had kept the English lyrics, which is very rare for me cos 99% of the time I prefer her singing in Japanese. I actually think her Toutaikai vocal performance might be slightly better.

Track 8: I really love this song on its own when it came out as a single but it oddly feels a bit misplaced here? This is weird cos in terms of composition and arrangement it's probably more consistent with the new tracks as compared to, say, Jiyuu e. Maybe it's something with its placement in the track order.

Track 9: Like the song but am sliiightly starting to resent that it got single status with a music video. Tracks 1, 3, 4, 5 were all stronger choices for me.

Track 10: Least favourite of all the singles here. Still don't like it. Skip.

Track 11: LOVE this version of Kodoku. Heads and shoulders better than the single version, even with its ridiculous auto tune. The electronic embellishments are really great. I wouldn't call it groundbreaking or innovative by any stretch, but it's really such fun to listen to.

Track 12: NIPPONBARE!

Track 13: Perfect closer.

Similar to SG in terms of variety (though the "rock" to "jazz" -- i use those terms loosely --ratio is alot more balanced on this one), but a lot of the composition and arrangement reminds me of ADULT. First half is a lot stronger than the second. In fact first half is some of her best writing and production yet, even if you consider it independently.

I don't know, I kinda wish she had left out a couple of singles -- maybe CARNATION and NIPPON? And put on a couple of her self covers from Re-import instead, cos the nu-showa/rock/jazz/pop schtick she was doing there is clearly carried through here. I'm gonna give it a couple more listens in the morning. Nights!

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2014.11.04 at 10:38 AM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 12:15 PM   #299
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Mine shipped today, so I should be getting it in a couple days. Super excited!
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.04, 12:38 PM   #300
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

FLAC already on JPS...album sounds really loud...
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote