Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.08, 10:27 AM   #21
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

HZM has no chance! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 05:35 PM   #22
alleon86

alleon86 is headed in the right direction

To those who will rather have Izawa than HZM, get off from what ever you are smoking. Izawa is not even half of what hzm is capable.

What Hzm brings is invaluable. He brings stage presences and the WOW factor. Don’t you guys think it so fun watching dynamite out because they change up their songs with Hirami and Hzm taking turns spicing up things and keeping the songs fresh? Now, it all Ukigumo , and it gets boring after awhile.

You guys are overrating Izawa song writing, they are not bad but definitely not awesome. You guys say HZM is a bad song writer. At least HzM wrote Gunjou Biyori and it sold 200k. Anybody can replace Izawa. There are plenty of keyboardists that can replace Izawa. Infact, he shows for more enthusiasms playing the guitar than the piano.

You guys say HZM is all brute force. Hzm shows that he can play mellow or jazzy or whatever it is, depending on what kind of song he is playing. Listen to onaji from electric mole concert , or some of his work from PEZ.
alleon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 05:47 PM   #23
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

alleon86 is to HZM as I (and Maou, and Justin, and Glath, and others who are supposedly a microscopic minority) am to Hirama
Originally Posted by alleon86 View Post
You guys say HZM is all brute force. Hzm shows that he can play mellow or jazzy or whatever it is, depending on what kind of song he is playing. Listen to onaji from electric mole concert , or some of his work from PEZ.
Don't bother alleon, this crowd is all abouts the "phase 2." No logic works on em =P Phase 1 is always skill-less and unrefined and phase 2 is better than Divinci.

Its science.
Old 2007.09.08, 06:11 PM   #24
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

er... I don't even like Gunjo Biyori. It's Sounan that made me the TJ fan.

Why do you sound so offended alleon86? I pretty much agree with what you're saying up there (exception being that Izawa is an overrated songwriter). Fact is, HZM is gone, Izawa is here (for better or worse).

That being said, I certainly don't mind if you sprinkle a bit of Izawa-bashing and HZM-worshipping in every post you make.
Old 2007.09.08, 06:15 PM   #25
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

onaji from electric mole concert

No worries I like HZM more =]
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 06:15 PM   #26
alleon86

If you listen to the record album, it might not show how valuable Hzm is. If we watch the concert, it becomes very clear. Compare dynamite out to their new concerts, cant help it and virgin line. It becomes very apparent losing a pianist like HzM is definitely hurting them.
Old 2007.09.08, 06:20 PM   #27
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

What Hzm brings is invaluable. He brings stage presences and the WOW factor. Don’t you guys think it so fun watching dynamite out because they change up their songs with Hirami and Hzm taking turns spicing up things and keeping the songs fresh? Now, it all Ukigumo , and it gets boring after awhile.

You guys are overrating Izawa song writing, they are not bad but definitely not awesome. You guys say HZM is a bad song writer. At least HzM wrote Gunjou Biyori and it sold 200k. Anybody can replace Izawa. There are plenty of keyboardists that can replace Izawa. Infact, he shows for more enthusiasms playing the guitar than the piano.

I don't really prefer either HZM to Izawa or Hirama to Uki but HZM has always been my favorite Jihen (asides from Ringo, of course). What I do prefer is Phase 2's music to Phase 1. All those things you said about HZM are the things I loved about him. As much as I like Phase 2's music, I always miss Hirama and HZMs Onstage personalities. HZM was so funny and entertaining and his skills really amazed me. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think you got the wrong message from the people who said they prefer Izawa because I think it's just that they prefer phase 2 as well. I'm sure if HZM and Izawa had played in opposite phases of the band the Izawa fans might be HZM fans just because I they like phase 2s music more, BUT I may be wrong.

I think the arguments that we have over different band members just stem from the fact that the two phases have been so different. It's not about one musician not being able to play different styles because I'm sure that any of the past or present band members could have played in either phase, it's just that the style of music has changed so drastically that members get accused of not being able to play different styles because of that. For example, Phase 1 was dominated by a heavier rock sound so some people think that Hirama and HZM can only play that kind of power music. On the other hand, Phase 2 is still rock but toned down and more jazzy, laid back-sounding and so others accuse Izawa and Uki of only being able to play this style and not being able to rock out like the members they replaced.

I hate to choose sides because I love both phases of the band, just one more than the other. But I also hate to see the musicians on either side being accused of things like this when there is no proof of their lack of skills in specific areas if they have not gone into it. I don't think it's fair to say that Izawa can be replaced by any keyboardist because even if there are many who are as good as him I doubt there are just as much who can play AND compose as well as he can.

EDIT:
If you listen to the record album, it might not show how valuable Hzm is. If we watch the concert, it becomes very clear. Compare dynamite out to their new concerts, cant help it and virgin line. It becomes very apparent losing a pianist like HzM is definitely hurting them.
There definitely is a clear difference between the performances with and without HZM but I don't think you can bash Izawa's skills just because he's not a great performer. I mean, you just said that you can't tell how valuable HZM is by just listen to the music, so isn't he just as replaceable as Izawa if the music itself does not speak for his value?

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.09.08 at 06:24 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 06:24 PM   #28
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Dont even act like it hurts them worse than the guitar =P
Old 2007.09.08, 06:27 PM   #29
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Hurt?
I think my eyes get hurt more from watching crappy motion graphics during concerts... which we all know is used to substitute the lack of exuberance and energy from the current members of TJ.
Old 2007.09.08, 06:28 PM   #30
alleon86

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
er... I don't even like Gunjo Biyori. It's Sounan that made me the TJ fan.

Why do you sound so offended alleon86? I pretty much agree with what you're saying up there (exception being that Izawa is an overrated songwriter). Fact is, HZM is gone, Izawa is here (for better or worse).

That being said, I certainly don't mind if you sprinkle a bit of Izawa-bashing and HZM-worshipping in every post you make.
im sorry if i sounded pissed off. Because I am. I was a huge Shiina ringo fan during her SS days. I watched electric mole and was WOW'ed by Hzm too. I didnt really follow SR into TJ for some reason, maybe i got bored or something. I did bought dynamite out thought.

Past few weeks, something struck me inside and i decided to look up some TJ stuff. Found out Hzm was gone, i was extremely pissed off because i appreciate his piano skills a lot.

Then i found out they replace Hzm with this dude. Yes, im pissed off, im sorry if i offended anyone. Im not pissed off at you guys, just that fact that Hzm is gone

Last edited by alleon86 : 2007.09.08 at 06:32 PM.