Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.23, 09:37 AM   #181
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

Irokoizata really reminds me MPB (brazilian popular music), Bossa Nova, something that Elis Regina would sing.
clakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 09:42 AM   #182
CKSI

CKSI pleased at least somebody

Well I'm currently on my third listen. I don't think I was expecting what I'm hearing now but I'm not in the least dissapointed.

I know there is some complaint about Karisome Otome being on the album, but to be honest it works within it really well, even though I had heard it before I like how it fits within the other songs.

The album starts off nicely and just gradually gets better and better.

Togatta Teguchi really stands out to me, as does Bonsai Hada.

I love the re-working of Marunouchi Sadistic...Shiina Ringo can do RnB

I could go on...

CKSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 09:43 AM   #183
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It already listens to the album and ...... Is a fucking one masterpiece! This if that is " Variety" and not what Tokyo Jihen did xDDD Album that mixes the rock perfectly, jazz, rythm and blues, gospel, Pop, disc with the wonderful voice of the God apple
That exceeds the uncle doing rap but no that so revolting voice you are with a HZM that touches like never
Kameda in its line SPECTACULAR .....
Bonsai Hada is the best without a doubt, Yokyu is best they have changed since it so rocker but it has but of a jazz subject that has put me the thing hot
Ringo has returned to remain!

miffunevii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 09:56 AM   #184
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Man my friends picked the worst time to have a spontaneous party. Literally minutes before the leak :p I can finally settle down to listen to it now, on repeat, for hours. I'm liking what I'm reading though!
Old 2009.06.23, 10:04 AM   #185
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by CKSI View Post
I know there is some complaint about Karisome Otome being on the album, but to be honest it works within it really well, even though I had heard it before I like how it fits within the other songs.
I agree, even if I don't really listen to it. Because I listened to this song too many times, later I don't say no, but today, I avoid it. Or maybe she could rather put Superficial Gossip and let KArisome O. as the ariamaru Bside... hey this give me a nice idea! - hidden message: replace Superficial Gossip where Karisomo Otome is!
teattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 10:14 AM   #186
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post

I AM SO OVER THE 70s HAMMOND ORGAN AND OR XYLOPHONE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

overall- underwhelming. I appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this but many of the ingredients and genres just don't appeal to me. Sucks to be me?
I was actually going to say, this is like a 70's album after it ate a synth machine and a few fancy instruments along the way XD

I think for a Ringo album at the moment (on my first listen) the music feels wholesome and too whimsical, and not the dark pretty whimsical one hears when they listen to Hatsukoi Shoujo (that is if you liked it XD). But I still say, give the album a week D: coz it's hard to get all the little ins and outs of something so soon. Plus the lyrics may win me over :3
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 10:18 AM   #187
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

as someone who never really played Mario, the beginning of Bonsai Hada reminded of of some old adventure game I can't quite remember... King's Quest V, maybe?

anyway, the novelty of new Maru has already worn off. I won't be listening to it much.

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
I was actually going to say, this is like a 70's album after it ate a synth machine and a few fancy instruments along the way XD
yes, thank you.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 10:32 AM   #188
clowezra

clowezra is headed in the right direction

I'm just glad that it's amazing tbh. SO pleased with it.<3
Old 2009.06.23, 10:41 AM   #189
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Finished some lyrics/translation (the easy ones, haha).

Mittei Monogatari [English lyrics+translation of the Japanese stanza]
Futaribocchi Jikan [translation]
Mayakashi Yasaotoko [English lyrics]
Marunouchi Sadistic Expo ver. [English lyrics+old Japanese lyrics/translation]
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.23, 10:49 AM   #190
chibijelly

chibijelly has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've listened to it three times through. I think I have an opinion formulated. It might change a bit, but...

First and foremost? I'm so relieved it didn't bomb completely. Really. I was starting to worry, what with all the speculation and stuff. Sure, it isn't a masterpiece, but it's still enjoyable to listen to with really nice arrangements and melodies. And I like how all the tracks flow together almost seamlessly. Such an interesting mix of genres and styles...

(For review purposes, I will adopt a_grumble_cake's method of emoticons. Just because it amuses me.)
01. 流行 - I absolutely love it. It reminds me of, well - Himitsu for DJ anyone?
02. 労働者 - Very 70s funk. I see she's been hanging out with Old Gregg. (Does anyone know who does the backing vocals near the end? I don't want to go making any assumptions.)
03. 密偵物語 - Another funky one.
04. ○地点から - I love this one - the piano, the vocals, the choruses, the overall whimsy feeling.
05. カリソメ乙女 - I'm really tired of this song. Never liked it in the first place. Did we need another version of it?
06. 都合の好い身体 - I'm getting West Side Story vibes, but that's okay. (She want to be in A-me-ri-ca?)
07. 旬 - Probably one of my all-time favorites. I never get tired of it. The first time I listened to it, I automatically wrote it off as boring... and then it really kicked in. Unf.
08. 二人ぼっち時間 - At first, I hated this song... It's grown on me. Cutesy done right! BUONO!
09. マヤカシ優男 - I just love the overall sound of this. Everything is so fierce - especially her vocals.
10. 尖った手口 - LOVE IT. I was also surprised by Mummy-D showing up again. Great track.
11. 色恋沙汰 - A bit boring, but still pretty cute. I like how the previous track flows into it, though. Really neat.
12. 凡才肌 - What. (This is a good "what," mind you.)
13. 余興 - Even better than the Expo version.

14. 丸の内サテ゛ィスティック(EXPO Ver.) - I like it. It's a really neat version. The English lyrics are a bit to get used to, but I think it works.

Overall? 12/14.
chibijelly is offline   Reply With Quote