Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2013.02.25, 05:14 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Songs that she's disowned/ignored

Are there any songs that SR has either officially disowned, she's hinted that she's disowned, or that you *think* she's disowned based on her live treatment of it? What is the anti-Marusad? I imagine that SR is likely to disown a song for its lyrical content as much as anything else (which would explain a lot)

I like to think that Sounan was a horrid reminder of the Phase 1 situation. It got poor treatment compared to every other TJ single. It's kinda foreboding, at least where the song title is concerned. The single version of Koufukuron is the other obvious one. She wouldn't have time to play every song from every album, sure, but there must be a few other neglected tracks out there. I remember finding a chart that displayed the number of times she performed every single track live, but I don't remember where I saw it.

And I'm not saying she's disowned it, but what's the deal with Shuukyou? Up until now it's only been performed as an instrumental. Was Mayonaka wa Junketsu only performed during the tour that became EM? (I guess it'd be easier if someone had the chart).

Maybe this:

Interviewer
Your previous work, "Adult" is a highly polished album, it's more a year after its release, I wonder what the three of you think of it.

Shiina
Ukigumo once said "If we were to record it now, the effects would definitely be better."
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.25, 06:19 PM   #2
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I was wondering about Shuukyou, too.

I personally believe, taken into the account the time during which it probably was written/produced, that it is connected to some pretty rough memories connected to her pregnancy. Maybe about the fear of losing her unborn child.
As everything turned out fine in the end, it might be something she'd rather not sing about anymore or the memory is too painful.

Of course this might be extremely far-fetched, but well... it's a theory.

Nevertheless, I would LOVE to hear a live rendition of it (including her vocals, that is). It's such an intense song.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.25, 06:36 PM   #3
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ringo Catalogue, not even on the B-side album.

Probably some weird stuff she wrote for Hatsuiku Status.

Also, unused songs from her demo tapes.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.25, 06:57 PM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
You took most of the words right out of my mouth.

I just wanted to mention it's a shame that the original version of Gamble got swept under a rug. Got excluded from the official cut of Gekokujyo Xtasy (the only concert footage we can officially get is the HF arrangement in Ringo Expo), ZCS went out-of-print as soon as HF came out, and the original recording was specifically excluded from anthologies, too. I'm not saying the HF arrangement is bad at all, but why abandon the original?

As for the demo tracks, I'd like Girl to get officially released as-is, since it's so great that it could only be made worse if you tried to redo anything about it. I'm open to the possibility of a concert performance of it (with Shiina Ringo on piano), but I don't want a new studio version.
Old 2013.02.25, 07:23 PM   #5
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Basically any recording on ZCS except maybe maybe Mellow, right?
The omitted "gomen" from So Cold on Wth always bothered me. It doesn't "ruin" anything, but its certainly a moment.

Also "Gong" the song that may or may not be some other song or a song at all allegedly played during post-JCHI, pre-Spa & Treatment shows (if i recall.)

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2013.02.25 at 07:26 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.25, 08:29 PM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

That Kabukichou-Marusad b-side wasn't on WtH either.

She seemingly abandoned Tomosaka Rie after 'Tokai no Manners/Toridori' (not even covering any of Rie's songs during the tours), later replacing her with her new pet project, Chiaki Kuriyama. =P HZM, SAPS, Saito Neko and Nobuhiko Nakayama still pop up every so often. She hasn't worked with Toshiyuki Mori (as in the guy she named half a cover album after) for a while, and obv. no more Susumu Nishikawa. And on that note, no Benji (although sings about him every year) er, no Junji, no Hirama (PV doesn't count).

She disowned an entire OST in the original HF (well, I know I'm barrel scraping as we know nothing about this except that SR was 'playing with a lot of different instruments' or something, that it lacked vocals, and it wasn't her choice to disown it)

The Tamatebako music wasn't released officially. I wonder if it'll resurface for the anniversary, especially as (and pardon the crudeness of this) the man passed away.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.25, 08:33 PM   #7
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I imagine there's a lot more not even recorded tbh
Old 2013.02.27, 01:36 AM   #8
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

The Shouso Strip arrangement of Tsumi to Batsu is basically gone now. Rest in peace. You will be missed ;_;

Izonshou disappeared completely. That'd be a great one for her to bring out live provided she doesn't let Saito Neko get his hands on it. Can you imagine that guitar outro performed with an orchestra? *shudders*
Old 2013.02.27, 02:24 PM   #9
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJaG-ewJ#gid=0

I made this... I think it's well updated but not sure

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.28, 08:07 AM   #10
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
She seemingly abandoned Tomosaka Rie after 'Tokai no Manners/Toridori' (not even covering any of Rie's songs during the tours), later replacing her with her new pet project, Chiaki Kuriyama. =P
I don't think this is what happened. I think Tomosaka Rie wanted to make another album (or her managers did) and they approached Ringo because of the work they'd done in the past. I'd love to have heard live treatments of "Toridori", but I think Ringo is, as a whole, resistant to doing self-covers anyway, especially if the songs are a little older. We never heard "Amagasa", either, or any recent performances of the old songs she wrote for Tomosaka Rie or Hirosue Ryoko. This is also why she performed Shoujo Robot at ZX and Chiaki's new songs at Bon Voyage: they were fresh.