Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.04.27, 01:09 AM   #51
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

New Maron Hamada PV preview of " マヤカシのブルース" (Mayakashi no Burusu???): It's nothing new, but damn it, I don't give a fuck, pulls my heartstrings like the rest of her work!

Hamada Preview

Single is out on May 26th. Gonna lump it with my Ringo album.

The PV (which obviously is more than just a little bit inspired by Kill Bill) and this promo shot suggest that the song isn't as light hearted/"happy" as it sounds...

Cool bananas. And she's barely recognizable with all that fake blood on her face.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.27 at 01:35 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.28, 04:30 PM   #52
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

There's a professor at my school with the exact same name... creepy.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.01, 05:59 PM   #53
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So the moment I've been dreading, the new Tori Amos album leaked in full. After listening to it, it was much more pleasant than I expected- however- that doesn't mean it's anything great. It's still got plenty of duds, but at least its short (in Tori terms) and only 58 minutes. Without that extra 20 minutes of fat on top, it feels more concise and focused, and that makes for a much, much more pleasant and less grating listen.

I don't wanna go soft on this album, I know that she is capable of so much more- well maybe not anymore- but it is the most enjoyable listen since 2003 for me- which is saying quite a bit. SO yeah, initial thoughts are "It's OK" rather than "Is this really Tori Amos?", a step up I'd say.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.05.01 at 09:08 PM.
Old 2014.05.01, 09:21 PM   #54
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
New Maron Hamada PV preview of " マヤカシのブルース" (Mayakashi no Burusu???): It's nothing new, but damn it, I don't give a fuck, pulls my heartstrings like the rest of her work!

Hamada Preview

Single is out on May 26th. Gonna lump it with my Ringo album.

The PV (which obviously is more than just a little bit inspired by Kill Bill) and this promo shot suggest that the song isn't as light hearted/"happy" as it sounds...

Cool bananas. And she's barely recognizable with all that fake blood on her face.
Mayakashi blues I think it is (Phony blues). The preview doesn't do much for me while I don't at all hate it.

NICO touches the walls is doing this cover of Chatmonchy's "Hana no Yume" on their next single. Don't like much of the bands stuff typically, but the suggested punk trash for the cover has me more than a little anxious to hear.

Nakako and Miki's albums dropped and I haven't gotten ahold of either yet. I need to hop to it.

Einsteins released a full album finally, but I can see how anyone that followed them til now can be dishearted from buying it- a lot the album is internet accessible and the entire Gomen ne, Pascal EP is on the album(the ep did have instrumentals though). There are 3 new songs and I really want to see these guys go someplace. I'm definitely gonna support.

If they aren't interesting enough as band for the public to cling to, the production talent is definitely an asset that I wouldn't pass up on. I think Albert can pump out some potentially great collabs.

I don't know if they do any lives, but I can see the visual performance get up working out for them. I actually have done A LOT of artwork based off Einsteins songs myself.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.14, 08:55 PM   #55
xephyr

xephyr pleased at least somebody

I'm crazy excited for new Ronald Jenkees, who has a 4th CD release coming near the end of this year, he had a great release [Disorganized Fun] in 2009 but was quiet and seemingly on indefinite hiatus until a late '12 release of "Days Away". I don't have any other YouTube-based or electronic keyboard artists that I really like & respect, so he has a somewhat special place in my library. updates on his homepage

Recommended to anyone who likes hearing melodic-lead instrumental music, especially if you've heard his song "Guitar Sound"

Last edited by xephyr : 2014.05.14 at 08:59 PM. Reason: adding yt vid
xephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.15, 05:27 AM   #56
deadgrandma

Dingding's Wonderland shipped today. Looking forward to it.
Old 2014.05.20, 06:13 AM   #57
deadgrandma

As much as I disliked the last couple of Charisma.com singles, I've still ordered the new album DIStopping, mainly because it comes out a couple days after PAINPU (aka the bewbs single) hits the shelves and makes more sense shipping them together.

Samples of the Charisma.com album are suggesting some really awesome harder songs (and has that tough girl attitude we love from the first album- check out Super Girl for example) so that's a good sign.

Dig the album cover too:

Speaking of Charisma.com, I still haven't given the LP of the first album a spin (I scored it on Record Store Day). I should really get round to that...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.05.20 at 06:28 AM.
Old 2014.05.21, 07:03 AM   #58
deadgrandma

Triple posting, but dayum, Hamasaki's new album is sounding good.

(I'll still be grabbing Taiwan version though :-p)
Old 2014.05.21, 09:34 PM   #59
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Triple posting, but dayum, Hamasaki's new album is sounding good.

(I'll still be grabbing Taiwan version though :-p)
Ayumi? This is the first I have heard of a new album. I need to find better sources. What have we got so far?
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.22, 05:54 PM   #60
deadgrandma

Hamada Maron

The full PV is out.

Pity you can only get the single from her website (which only ships in Japan as far as I can tell).

Hopefully I can get it on OTOTOY or something, if not, it will have to wait until I do my next deputy service stash. Damn.

Song sounds great, video is gorgeous.