Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.04.22, 06:29 PM   #81
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've just returned from a month in Japan and now I hear those news about live shows and new self-covers album and (mini) tour? couldn't you release that thing and do the shows while I was there, Ringo?

anyway I'm extremly happy about that new self-covers album because I alwayd wanted her to release something like that, though some of her better songs are surprisingly missing from the tracklist (the new Sayuri songs & Nihon ni Umarete for example)
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.24, 02:12 AM   #82
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

looking at the arrangers\producers list it seems like Ringo is going for a more pop sound with this release, which could be either good or bad depending on the result. I'm especially excited for Shinichi Osawa who's done some great work for Namie Amuro and some nice remixes for Ayumi Hamasaki.

if his work here is going to sound anything like the next Namie jam, then I'm content:
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Namie-A...e1cf8a0ab73252
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.24, 02:29 AM   #83
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Has anyone listened to a playlist of all the Reimport tracks (from the original artists)? Having done so myself, I've gone from cautiously optimistic to just cautious. In the recent concert, SR turned that nice-but-forgettable Chiaki song into a monster, but I'm not sure if some of these other tracks have the same potential when I focus on the melodies.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.24, 04:08 AM   #84
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just give me the Ichigo Ichie track.
Old 2014.04.24, 07:36 AM   #85
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I have zero expectations until this is released. I'm unfamiliar with any of the producers being mentioned, so I'm not worried about that. Mainly optimistic. I reserve all judgments until I hear the album.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.25, 09:28 PM   #86
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Holy fuckballs, how can I not notice that, do you know how epic this could potentially be?
Well its 2014 Ringo, not 2003 Ringo, so probably not as epic as his album with Togawa Jun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9EhwZn428

Shinichi Osawa has some decent remixes that I've heard before but not crazy about him. Not familiar with the rest

Last edited by lazer85 : 2014.04.25 at 09:33 PM.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.25, 10:03 PM   #87
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ Oh man, Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Ensemble's Dreams. Such a fucking masterpiece. Great instrumentation, amazing song choices, and not only Jun Togawa, but Phew too- on the same album. Hell, they even dueted on it.

Gonna listen to it in full right now. And so should anyone else who hasn't heard it.

And of course, it features this masterpiece (by around 12 minutes you should be efficiently flattened- and realise then that there is still 4 minutes left to go):

*though listening to it lossless and LOUD on either a great stereo or headphones really should be the way to experience it*
Eureka w/ Phew and Togawa

This isn't even as intense as this album gets either, that's the INSANE end track, Hahen Fukei, which is best to be experienced at the end of the album, because it's such an intense jerk to the system.

Back to the Ringo album- yeah, I'm highly doubting anything remotely like this (but I can have Dreams) :-p But I do like Yoshihide's NHK "pop theme" stuff from last year- which is more likely to be the style he will arrange Ringo in.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.25 at 11:16 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.26, 05:15 AM   #88
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Looking forward.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.04, 06:24 PM   #89
deadgrandma

Wow, there's still not one single preview from this album yet... (as far as I know anyway)

Is she really that ashamed of it??? :-p
Old 2014.05.04, 06:58 PM   #90
anonlurker

It'll be put out solely for contractual obligations. Release timed to be utterly buried by Nippon!

I'm still praying for Cappuccino.