Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.07.03, 09:38 PM   #841
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
So, like, when does the freshness of Sennou start to wear off? The more I listen, the newer it sounds. Usually, by this point, no matter how much I love an album, I'll have started to have gotten over the hype stage. However, with Sennou I'm finding I love it more and more with each passing day. I'm constantly reassessing my initial thoughts on it. Hell, I may actually rank it on par with Mahou Ga now.

My favourite song changes all the time too. I'm now stuck on Imitation Girl, I cannot believe that something so idol can be so damn legit. The other day I was at work and couldn't wait to go home. Not for the usual reasons that 'its work, this day better go quick', but to go home and blast this thing on the stereo. Hell, my once Oomori hating wife is starting to succumb to it's charms.

Why am I typing this? I dunno. Another stan rant perhaps, but it's not for the hell of it. I've had an epithany, and it's just taken me this long to realise just how amazing Sennou actually is. I feel I have underappreciated it compared to her other work for too long and I need to address this. Sennou is the bomb. I regret not putting it as my number 1 of last year now.

Go ahead, roll your eyes. I don't give a fuck :-p
That's eerie because I'm in the exact same boat. When sennou came out I was paranoid - I was pretty sure it was going to be a really REALLY terrible album, bands going major label traumatize me, so I stayed away from it like the plague until maybe a month or two ago. But it's almost always on repeat nowadays and I'm slowly finding each song more and more amazing, finding ones that stick for a week or two and totally engross me. The past couple of days I can't let go of blasting Noroi wa Mizuiro even though it's kind of depressing to drive around town with that song raging on my stereo lol

I have Wonderful World End and I've seen it a couple times now. Thankfully, it's a short movie without a TON of dialogue, but there are obviously some parts I don't fully understand yet. I know all the on screen text is going to be a headache to figure out, less of the translation than the position of the subtitles. It's good to know it's a project noone has taken up yet, so I'll try to get the ball rolling.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.04, 07:05 PM   #842
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

What a picture. This should be an album cover
Old 2015.07.08, 04:59 PM   #843
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So glad she's grown her hair long again :-)

From one of her special Magic Mirror gigs, this one at Gibson Guitars Showroom in Tokyo.
Old 2015.07.09, 07:21 PM   #844
deadgrandma

Oomori at TOKYO DOME
Old 2015.07.10, 03:25 AM   #845
Slowdive

Slowdive has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Short version of Sacchan no Sexy Curry
Slowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.10, 04:00 AM   #846
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

eh...I'm more interested in the B-side now

that's no Magic Mirror
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.10, 05:45 AM   #847
deadgrandma

Mwah another cute track. Love it so far.

Like that it sorta gives the feeling that it will be a gentle, easy going standard pop song and slowly but surely in pop those Oomorisms that I love. Chorus is sounding pretty good. PV is nice and has bewbs.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.07.10 at 06:34 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.10, 09:22 AM   #848
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I can't...is that song a joke? Can't be taken seriously. She's literally just saying "Sex-sex-sexy ka-re (curry)" in the chorus.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.10, 04:52 PM   #849
deadgrandma

The song is called Sacchan no Sexy Curry???

Why so surprised?
Old 2015.07.10, 05:05 PM   #850
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

I mean the curry itself could've been sexy

turmeric gets me all hot and bothered
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote