Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.09.16, 06:30 PM   #41
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

ooo so its gonna be like this

the MoRA CD

DISC 01 MUZAI MORATORIUM + Koufukuron single ver.
DISC 02 SHOUSO STRIP + Mayonaka wa junketsu
DISC 03 KALK SAMEN KURINOHANA + STEM
DISC 04 ringo no uta (only one song)

and the dvd is just the same plus

DISC 05 watashi to hoden disc-1
DISC 06 watashi to hoden disc-2

confusing

O-o'

im sorry for double posting but when kroneko said i didnt get it @_@

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2790912
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2790906

im assuming this special live ringo voice is like those cards when you open it plays something.. probably when you open the box you'll hear her voice..

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2008.09.16 at 06:41 PM.
Old 2008.09.16, 07:39 PM   #42
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
Edit (instead of double posting)
The CD Box and DVD Box are already up for preorder on CDJapan!
Normally I'd preorder them from there, but since shipping will be an arm and a leg because it's equivalent to shipping what, 4+5 normal CDs?, I might wait to see how much YesAsia will jack up the price to compensate for their free shipping... since the whole batch is First Press, I doubt they could screw it up.
This adds to my already-existing suspicion that there's an employee of CD Japan (Neowing) who regularly visits these forums. It's not just the timing of how quickly CD Japan creates a product page based on fanclub-only announcements, but also the retroactive changes to CD Japan's backcatalogue. Some of the Product pages in this community were updated to say like "Second-Press Availability", then all-the-sudden CD Japan is mentioning "First-Press SOLD OUT" on Kyoiku-era singles that CD Japan initially didn't acknowledge the existence of a first-press for!

Is this community like the Vatican of Shiina Ringo fandom?
Old 2008.09.16, 08:00 PM   #43
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Should Lena and Bongo change their user tags to EMF Pope ans/or Cardinal?
Old 2008.09.16, 08:22 PM   #44
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

HMV Japan is saying there can't be more than one copy of each of the MoRA boxes per customer. They are also saying that the LPs are limited, but they aren't emphasizing it as much as they are with the MoRA boxes.

They have a good price on the DVD box though, but you have to buy another DVD to get that price, so in the end you aren't really spending less money - you are just getting more for your money.

Even if CD Japan and YesAsia decide to impose buyer quotas like HMV Japan, who cares? Most of us don't want more than one of each MoRA box anyway, and the few of us who do (you know who you are), can just cheat the system by ordering from more than one vendor, though you lose the cost-effectiveness of combined shipping. I might as well order one of each MoRA box from HMV Japan because even if that's not combined with extra MoRA boxes, it's at least going to be combined with multiples of the vinyls.
Old 2008.09.16, 08:35 PM   #45
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
HMV Japan is saying there can't be more than one copy of each of the MoRA boxes per customer. They are also saying that the LPs are limited, but they aren't emphasizing it as much as they are with the MoRA boxes.

They have a good price on the DVD box though, but you have to buy another DVD to get that price, so in the end you aren't really spending less money - you are just getting more for your money.
I wonder why the emphasis... I hope it doesn't mean that the quantities are extremely limited! I thought this was gonna have roughly the same availability that the HF Box had.
If they are that limited though, I'm afraid I won't be able to trust YesAsia -_- I wish they'd be up for preorder already so that I knew how much they price them!

I will most likely order the two boxes separately, because if they're together I'm almost sure to get hit by customs!
Old 2008.09.16, 09:27 PM   #46
Glathannus
True Final Boss

I'm getting a little off-topic here, but hmmm...

Originally Posted by About the author
My name is Dan and I'll be your host for the CDJapan blog. As a part of the CDJapan contents team, I'm mostly responsible for the Japanese independent music, foreign music, and articles on our site. I listen to pretty much everything but my current favorites are UA and Ringo Shiina/Tokyo Jihen.
Think there might be a connection?
It's not so much the timing of CD Japan's update that I'm dwelling on (because HMV Japan updated around the same time), but rather the very particular upper/lower casing of MoRA, plus a few timely updates in the past for other Shiina Ringo / Tokyo Jihen products that did not immediately show up on the listings of competitor websites, with descriptions that sounded like paraphrased versions of what Ringohan members already posted over here.

I think there's no description at CD Japan on the MoRA boxes yet, because with what little is known or universally agreed upon over here, whoever is responsible for managing the CD Japan product listings, probably feels that it would be confusing or possibly inaccurate, and they only want to post clear information that they think everyone will understand correctly.
Old 2008.09.16, 11:01 PM   #47
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Well... I always thought that CDJapan was mainly a translation of NeoWing and that content was not decided by foreigners, but rather whenever content was available to them through regular means (press releases, etc) they would translate the info. I think it's still possible that a CDJapan staff member whose favorite artist is SR would come and read these forums, and put special updates regarding SR/TJ. Or maybe there's such a person in the Japanese staff that does it, and their stuff gets translated.

As for how MoRA is written, Amazon has it the same way.
Also, Amazon has a deal for the DVD box set - 9129Y instead of 12000!
Amazon CD Box - Amazon DVD Box
Old 2008.09.16, 11:23 PM   #48
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
ooo so its gonna be like this

the MoRA CD

DISC 01 MUZAI MORATORIUM + Koufukuron single ver.
DISC 02 SHOUSO STRIP + Mayonaka wa junketsu
DISC 03 KALK SAMEN KURINOHANA + STEM
DISC 04 ringo no uta (only one song)

and the dvd is just the same plus

DISC 05 watashi to hoden disc-1
DISC 06 watashi to hoden disc-2

confusing

O-o'

im sorry for double posting but when kroneko said i didnt get it @_@

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2790912
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2790906

im assuming this special live ringo voice is like those cards when you open it plays something.. probably when you open the box you'll hear her voice..
okay, I'll go back and edit my first post to be crystal-fricking clear

and I will emphasis again that the CD BOX are remastered CDS and the DVD BOX are 96kHz/24bit DVD AUDIO DISCs. Thuuuuus, if you don't want to watch the album as a DVD just to hear it, you are better off with the CDs. Just think of the two ala HF album form and HF ala DVD form, its a similar arrangement. One is cd discs, one is dvd audio.

as for the actual boxes it goes like this

cd BOX: disc 1-MM plus Koufukuron Single Vers (just the one extra track)
disc 2-SS plus Mayonaka ha Junketsui (just the title track)
disc 3-KZK plus STEM (single version track only)
disc 5-Ringo no Uta-one track only

dvd BOX the same contents as above, in the same order, present not as cds but as DVD audio in 96kHz/24bit plus

disc 5 and 6-the two cd WNH set.
Old 2008.09.16, 11:33 PM   #49
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hmmm... it does indeed seem to be cheaper to get it from HMV (I should have points to use there as well). But I don't want to order until the vinyls are up (they're not up yet are they?)... because you can't add items to an order on HMV.

Decisions decisions!

Would also help if I actually had the money...

Edit: Since the vinyls are up, I've managed to get both vinyls and the DVD box for 15,156 yen (that's with a 2000 yen discount).

Edit: By the way, HMV notes the Shouso Strip LP as being 2 vinyls.

Last edited by Jesse : 2008.09.17 at 12:31 AM.
Old 2008.09.16, 11:53 PM   #50
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It seems there's... Thailand versions (?) of these releases up on HMV... (including the vinyls). OH WAIT! It links to the actual releases. WTF

Example:

Nippon Ai ni Ikuyo: Thai Edition
Ringo Shiina Japan Edition (Limited Edition) Issued: Nov 08

This links to one of the two vinyls... Weird.