Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.03.28, 10:54 AM   #851
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
MiB is the collective consciousness of all dead candidates
If the primary objective of Jacob is to keep MiB on the island, and a "candidate" is a possible replacement of Jacob, then if that candidate were chosen, it would be that candidate's job to keep MiB on the island. There had to be a time when there were no candidates at all - near the beginning of when MiB got "imprisoned". So I don't subscribe to your theory.

If John and Christian are still IN MiB, then that would explain why Christian was able to send greetings to his son, and why MiB knew how Locke felt when he died.
We still haven't established that Christian and MiB are overlapping or joined entities.

That could also mean, that the whispers are just another form of MiB, like the smoke.
I thought the whispers were from living Others - especially if it's in Latin. Meanwhile, we still don't know the nature of "Walt"s post-kidnapping appearances on the island, and there were whispers coinciding with one of those appearances. One of the Others asked Michael "Do you know anything about your son ending up in places where he's not supposed to be?", so the whispers we heard just before Worthless Blonde got shot, could have been from the Others surveilling Walt. When Ben met Richard for the first time, there were whispers leading up to that too - possibly because Richard was secretly surrounded by fellow Others who were ready to back him up.

I am leaning toward the belief that MiB took on the form of Ben's mother, but since she's not a Candidate (at least - I don't believe so), and her body was never on the island, then I'm not sure how that's possible.

I don't believe MiB has ever posed as Walt, and I'm not entirely convinced that MiB has been going on any off-island visits either (especially not if The Island is a "cork" to keep him from spreading his influence elsewhere). Which means MiB is a lot less involved than you're making him out to be.

The only way Walt can "make sense" would be if little did we know, he's actually been dead since the start of the show.
Old 2010.03.30, 06:46 PM   #852
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Another solid episode. And DESMOND! Yes brother. I'm pretty sure most people saw it coming, but it doesn't matter.

I think the alt timeline is smokeys goal. A timeline without Jacob, where the "cork" is out of play and he is free. Widmore: "If he gets off this island, we will all simply cease to be". Notice he doesn't say that they'd all due, I think they'll just become different people in a different timeline. The dreaded reset. This will be their "hell" as Isabella called it.

And I'm sure Smokeys plan doesn't end with simply being free. How he plans to cause this by flying off the island, I have no idea. Maybe he is going to do something crazy like crash the plane into the donkey wheel. I think Widmore is going to try and stop him by sending Desmond to the alt universe to gather info. That's why he wants Tina Fey to find the pockets of energy.

Also it seems the Losties could be gathering in the hospital in the alt timeline, maybe for some culmination in the finale? Jack works there, Claire is there, Sun and Jin are no doubt on their way (driven by Sayid?). Locke has reason to go (for a consultation) and Sawyer, Kate and Hurley? I'm sure they'll find a good enough reason.
Old 2010.04.06, 06:30 PM   #853
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Wonderful episode.

And finally an affirmation, that the sideways are NOT just the events after the finale, the BAD of both realities and as such must be prevented.

I assume we'll see how the characters are one by one "activated" in the next episodes and tehn start working towards whatever goal...

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 05:53 AM   #854
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, great episode. The last two episodes have perfectly set-up the events to come; the Sun and Jin episode gathering the 3 island groups and giving them all a distinct goal, and this episode giving reason to the flashsideways. And in true Lost fashion they give us the biggest clue yet as to how the series will end and what the flashsideways ultimately mean, but we're left even more clueless as to how it will play out. I don't mind the questions the episode posed though, because they're ones we're pretty much guaranteed to have answered in the upcoming episodes.

I'm glad it appears to be the other way around -- the people in the flashsideways are realising that the island timeline is the one that needs to be preserved and the sideways timeline isn't a 'happy ending' epilogue. With Desmond getting a glimpse of the pure love that exists in his other life due to a near-death experience, I think the "sacrifice" he'll have to make is to take the lives of the Losties in the sideways world to preserve their island-timeline life.
Old 2010.04.07, 09:32 AM   #855
golem09

I still have no clue what the sideways exactly are...

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.04.07, 10:01 AM   #856
Inaudible-Whisper

My best guess is that the island timeline is one in which Jacob stays in control, interferes in the Losties lives bringing them to the island so that one of them can take control once he dies, protecting the island and stopping Smokey from escaping. The ALT timeline is one in which Jacob didn't interfere, no candidate was chosen and the island is somehow underwater. In this timeline Smokey would be free, so I believe it is ultimately his goal. How he is going to achieve such a thing I have absolutely no idea.

Things should start getting very interesting from now on in the sideways. I hope Eloise is explained at some point. She seems to know way more than anyone else. I think she doesn't want Desmond to proceed because she doesn't want the other timeline to become the main one because she knows she kills her son in it.
Old 2010.04.07, 10:14 AM   #857
golem09

Maybe the sideway reality is on, in which there was NO atomic bomb. As Daniel explained, energy needs to be released. So when the incident happened at the Swan Station (Dharma WAS on the island in this reality as well) there was nothing to release the energy FOR it, so the incident sunk the whole island, and with that killing smokey and Jacob alike.
Maybe the whole maintimeline was about changing just that.

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.04.07, 10:22 AM   #858
Inaudible-Whisper

That's more or less what I said here at the beginning of March Well, the stuff regarding no bomb in ALT = island sinking, bomb on island = Losties timeline. I attempted to flesh out reasons using Jacob and MIB though.

Given what has to be tied up in the next 7 episodes, most of which has just been introduced this season (so they should fully intend to answer it) the end of the season should be pretty eventful.
Old 2010.04.13, 06:26 PM   #859
golem09

OMG, what an episode... that was even better than last week.

I'm still speechless, answer, emotions, twist, goosebumps for the first time in ages..

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.04.16, 07:59 AM   #860
Inaudible-Whisper

I love that we can feel where they're going with the show, but nobody really knows how it's going to end at all right now. The last few episodes have been really strong though. Episode 14 is supposed to be amazing, but we have a 2 week gap after next weeks