Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.07.09, 08:01 AM   #1
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts
Exclamation Third album: Variety [News]

There are some news over at Tokyo Jihen's webpage today.
Except stating that the OSCA single will be available from tomorrow, July 11, and about the fall tour, they give information about the next album.

The name will be "Variety", or written 娯楽 with kanji which normally reads Goraku, meaning pleasure/amusement. The album includes thirteen songs and will be released September 26, 2007.

The "Killer tune" single will be released August 22. The song is written by keyboardist Izawa Ichiyou, with lyrics by Shiina Ringo.

Sorry, no pictures of any new covers.
Thanks to shiinaringo.se for this information.
Old 2007.07.09, 08:39 AM   #2
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So "Variety" is the official English title? So she's using it in the "variety show" context. So the album's gonna be like a crazy Japanese variety show? Hmmm.
Old 2007.07.09, 08:47 AM   #3
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Hmm. Not really liking or disliking the name. It could mean a number of things for the sound of the album, but I'm expecting the whole thing to be rather light hearted.
Old 2007.07.09, 09:03 AM   #4
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

News at last!! Oh, it's written this way "娯楽(バラエティ)", just like "大人(アダルト)". Well, "Goraku" sounds like an eclectic and funny album. Really looking forward it .

Edit:
Oh, 13 songs?! 2 singles + 11 new songs... Sounds pretty good ^^.

Last edited by Orenji : 2007.07.09 at 11:33 AM.
Old 2007.07.09, 09:21 AM   #5
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ohhh snap, this is cool. The name is a bit weird, methinks, but obviously nothing to get upset about.

I was kind of hoping for something like "The Varied Abilities ~Of Japanese BAND~"
Old 2007.07.09, 10:37 AM   #6
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

If there was something that I wanted to know, it's so about the future To'Jihen's album. Thank so much for this news!

Now, We have just waitting for this upcoming. Do we'll survive before this so far date?

Anyway we still have singles... even if the song will reappears in this next album.

Teattum who hope to be understand.
Old 2007.07.09, 11:32 AM   #7
Orenji

Now I'm wondering... How will you call the new album? I mean that "大人(アダルト)" could be called "Otona" or "Adult"... Will you call it "Goraku"? Or simply "Variety?"
Old 2007.07.09, 11:55 AM   #8
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Now I'm wondering... How will you call the new album? I mean that "大人(アダルト)" could be called "Otona" or "Adult"... Will you call it "Goraku"? Or simply "Variety?"
To spare you from the wrath of Frecklegirl, Adult should NOT be called Otona. There is no indication of that anywhere. The brackets deem the pronunciation and correct title. Therefore, there is really no debate here; the album is called Variety.
Old 2007.07.09, 12:03 PM   #9
Orenji

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
To spare you from the wrath of Frecklegirl, Adult should NOT be called Otona. There is no indication of that anywhere. The brackets deem the pronunciation and correct title. Therefore, there is really no debate here; the album is called Variety.
Okay, thanks but... if you visit this and this page, it doesn't say "Adult" anywhere, but *only* "Otona" (大人).

If you only call it "Adult", you're ignoring part of the title... That's confusing. "Goraku" doesn't mean "Variety" so both titles are correct... aren't them?

Last edited by Orenji : 2007.07.09 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2007.07.09, 12:38 PM   #10
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
Well, the name on the cover says adult, so I'd guess that's the official title.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adult1.jpg (83.3 KB, 329 views)
Closed Thread