Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2019.05.16, 12:01 PM   #51
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

Eleven year bump!!!!!
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.01, 03:06 PM   #52
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

On Sandokushi: 2ch are calling it "3 meat special" and Ringo "Ramen Pack Buddhist".

We're way nicer than that lol
Old 2019.06.02, 01:26 AM   #53
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

A couple of Brazilian friends I have, who (from what I remember) never disliked any of her releases, are finally having negative things to say about her music

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.02, 06:20 AM   #54
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Meanwhile, over at Arama...

TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.02, 11:04 AM   #55
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

Thomas is Ronald. Think about it. Never rely on confirmation bias to make your point either.

I also can't think of anything sadder than chasing numbers to inform your listening habits. Such a soulless, pointless manner in which to search for music which should be an emotional thing led by the heart and ears.

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
A couple of Brazilian friends I have, who (from what I remember) never disliked any of her releases, are finally having negative things to say about her music

It's definitely backs to the wall when the Brazilians turn on you!! They are the pop bulwark which the city's defense rest upon!

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) : 2019.06.02 at 11:08 AM.
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.02, 12:06 PM   #56
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) View Post
Thomas is Ronald. Think about it. Never rely on confirmation bias to make your point either.

I also can't think of anything sadder than chasing numbers to inform your listening habits. Such a soulless, pointless manner in which to search for music which should be an emotional thing led by the heart and ears.
I agree with this general point, but with the caveat that there's a worthy distinction between saying:
(1) Shiina Ringo's output in the last few years is not up to snuff
(2) Shiina Ringo is no longer relevant/famous/popular
Both of which I've seen here and there on various platforms. Ringo's quality allegedly going to shit doesn't mean she's irrelevant, and Ringo selling Gold doesn't mean her songs are necessarily good. They're just different conversations, and I think that's at least partially what Ronald was addressing (even if the rant as a whole was kinda defensive/reactionary).

Also @Lena-chan, I'd be interested to hear what specific critiques your Brazilian friends have to offer!
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.02, 04:23 PM   #57
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

@Dead Grandma: I'm never going to remember the title correctly now. It'll always be "Three Meat Special" in my head, lol@

What is JPS?

I see where Ronald is coming from. I really do. But also, you can still do some pretty original stuff and still make it for a commercial or show title. Ringo has done it herself. I see a lot of the word "samey" thrown around but that's what the stuff is. I also think people would be less annoyed if the commercial stuff was relegated to it's own album and fleshed out while the newer stuff kept as an ep or it's own album. I'm not Ringo's keeper and I'm sure she's busy af but in a dream world...
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.02, 05:00 PM   #58
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Its obviously an individual thing, but I can't imagine finding the most exciting thing about a fave artist to be based on how much they are selling. Come on.
Old 2019.06.03, 10:48 AM   #59
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
What is JPS?
J Pop Suki, that torrent website
Originally Posted by thespidereggs View Post
there's a worthy distinction between saying:
(1) Shiina Ringo's output in the last few years is not up to snuff
(2) Shiina Ringo is no longer relevant/famous/popular
Both of which I've seen here and there on various platforms. Ringo's quality allegedly going to shit doesn't mean she's irrelevant, and Ringo selling Gold doesn't mean her songs are necessarily good. They're just different conversations
yes
YES
Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Its obviously an individual thing, but I can't imagine finding the most exciting thing about a fave artist to be based on how much they are selling. Come on.
YES! AGREED!
Otherwise it would make much more sense for everybody to like Johnny's or AKB. And even Johnny's and AKB fans have the common sense of not liking them because of the fucking numbers.
It's definitely backs to the wall when the Brazilians turn on you!! They are the pop bulwark which the city's defense rest upon!
You have no idea, people are coming for me on whatsapp group conversations, because everybody knows I'm her fan and now she did something shitty XDDD
Originally Posted by thespidereggs View Post
Also @Lena-chan, I'd be interested to hear what specific critiques your Brazilian friends have to offer!
It was nothing that deep
one posted a link to her performance with Sakurai Atsushi and said that was the definition of "When you like someone but you don't have chemistry together"
the other just commented he hasn't fully listened to the new album yet, but from what he listened to so far it was kinda lame

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote