Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.07, 03:52 PM   #41
Koufukuron

Koufukuron pleased at least somebody

For me, it was because I download random things all the time. At that time, the only Shiina song I had heared was her duet with Utada Hikaru, I wont last a day without you. I hated it. I still kind of do. Being extrememly biased, everytime someone mentioned her I would immediatly say I couldnt stand her. In some forum, a person uploaded "Kyoiku" from Tokyo Jihen, and I had no clue it was her band. I'll be honest, I thought it was like some middle aged woman who smoked a lot >_> But for some reason I still loved the sound of it.

I was terribly surprised when I looked them up on Wikipedia and found outshe was the vocalist Ever since I've been listening to her music, and I absolutely adore her voice and her talents as a songwriter/composer.
Old 2007.04.07, 03:57 PM   #42
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Koufukuron View Post
I thought it was like some middle aged woman who smoked a lot >_> But for some reason I still loved the sound of it.
Judging by her latest releases......
Old 2007.04.07, 04:17 PM   #43
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I'll be honest, I thought it was like some middle aged woman who smoked a lot >_> But for some reason I still loved the sound of it.

OMG you just put my memory back into my head. That's exactly how I felt the first times I heard a couple of Ringo songs. And I assume they were either MM or SS ones. I truly thought the voice sounded like it belonged to some old, left house wife that smoked all her life.
The difference from you would be that I didn't like the sound of the music at those first few listens. It had to grow on me.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.07, 10:22 PM   #44
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Actually, Ringo was a smoker for a long time. I think she quit sometime recently, though...
Old 2007.04.07, 10:45 PM   #45
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The brand of cigarettes she smoked was Hi-lite Blue, 1.4 mg. As we know most women's cigarette contains nicotine varying from 0.1 to 0.5 mg. Hi-lite Blue is way too heavy for a girl. Therefore it damaged her voice.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.08, 11:38 AM   #46
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ooh, interesting! o_o I'm glad she quit recently though, since it doesn't fit her image anymore and isn't necessary (in my opinon.)
Old 2007.04.08, 11:40 AM   #47
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think a large part of the reason she quit was because of her son. But it's good for her too.
Old 2007.04.09, 09:22 AM   #48
Koufukuron

Koufukuron pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
OMG you just put my memory back into my head. That's exactly how I felt the first times I heard a couple of Ringo songs. And I assume they were either MM or SS ones. I truly thought the voice sounded like it belonged to some old, left house wife that smoked all her life.
The difference from you would be that I didn't like the sound of the music at those first few listens. It had to grow on me.
Haha! I'm glad people agree XD. Most of my friends had to grow on Ringo, too (thats all they hear when they come over).

The one I find people have the most trouble liking, if they're not particularly a Ringo fan, is Tsumi to Batsu. Theres a lot of power in that, and it really threw them off >_>.
Old 2007.04.09, 12:07 PM   #49
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Haha! I'm glad people agree XD. Most of my friends had to grow on Ringo, too (thats all they hear when they come over).

The one I find people have the most trouble liking, if they're not particularly a Ringo fan, is Tsumi to Batsu. Theres a lot of power in that, and it really threw them off >_>.
That's odd, I thought Tsumi to batsu would be a good first song for people to start liking her. I wonder what the best "introductory" song would be... I guess it depends on what the person likes already.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 02:10 PM   #50
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think the best introductory song is honnou
maybe because I'm introduced to SR by this song
but when I use it as introdution method it works very well
XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote