Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2019.10.18, 06:01 AM   #31
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
Style over substance again for the PV. The song is essentially a compilation of Ringo cliches. Guitaaaaarrrrr
I hear that but since it's on a 'Best Of' being self-referential kinda works for me honestly.

On another note, some trivia from the Facebook group: "ウスイヒロシ (Usui Hiroshi) directed not only this video but『ここでキスして。』『歌舞伎町の女王』『幸福論』『やっつけ仕事』". Wouldn't have known it wasn't one of Kodama's works, honestly.

Last edited by thespidereggs : 2019.10.18 at 01:04 PM.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.18, 03:47 PM   #32
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I'm not impressed by the video. It sucks it's one of the few videos I can watch in my country. What ever. As was stated, this does feel like a quick release to get off her label, whether it means she's retiring or just wants freedom.

I was curious, everyone is saying this is a proper best of? Suberidai and Tadashii Machi were singles? I know Suberidai was on a single but it didn't seem like a song that was pushed? I'm not going to argue with their inclusion, I like both them.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
She's saving them for Einstein no Ringo
The oracle has spoken! *throws a headdress made of fake flowers into the fire and wigs construct themselves from the ashes*
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.20, 11:07 AM   #33
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
I was curious, everyone is saying this is a proper best of? Suberidai and Tadashii Machi were singles? I know Suberidai was on a single but it didn't seem like a song that was pushed? I'm not going to argue with their inclusion, I like both them.
Both songs have a lot of sentimental value to her. Suberidai WAS the song she wanted to release as her first single but the label made her release Koufukuron as her first single instead with Suberidai as the B-side. Tadashii Machi isn't a single but it was the first song on her first album and it's largely about becoming the artist she wanted to be. In her GX performance, which is probably one of her best regarding Tadashii Machi, you can visibly see her almost tearing up a little after the 3 minute mark when she finishes mentioning the beach and river at the heart of the city. That sudden moment of being a girl who grew up in Fukuouka now performing in Fukuouka to a crowd of people probably really touched her emotionally. So yeah, she probably wanted those songs because they really encapsulate her feelings when she was first breaking into the industry.
Old 2019.10.21, 12:15 AM   #34
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

man, this makes me wanna watch GX again!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.25, 03:30 PM   #35
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

You know what IS actually exciting?

Kodamas company accidentally left the new MV listed as public and some of us caught it in time before they noticed.

It's another duet with Utada Hikaru and guys...

It's fucking incredible. I'm shaken by it.

Pure, perfect Shiina Ringo. HZM's piano playing on it is gorgeous, the orchestration is subtle, and Hikki/Ringo harmonize and play off each other effortlessly. Goddamn I haven't felt like this about a new Ringo song in years.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2019.10.25 at 03:35 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.25, 04:05 PM   #36
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

It's like 2003 again! We actually have a good song worthy of the old days!!
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.25, 07:26 PM   #37
Fauxie

Fauxie is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You know what IS actually exciting?

Kodamas company accidentally left the new MV listed as public and some of us caught it in time before they noticed.

It's another duet with Utada Hikaru and guys...

It's fucking incredible. I'm shaken by it.

Pure, perfect Shiina Ringo. HZM's piano playing on it is gorgeous, the orchestration is subtle, and Hikki/Ringo harmonize and play off each other effortlessly. Goddamn I haven't felt like this about a new Ringo song in years.

It's definitely something, and there are parts and aspects of it I love, but as a whole I'm just not sure where I stand on it. I like it, but I don't quite know how much. I think the video's decent. I'd say it's certainly a very nice surprise, and I find it kind of ironic you being the one to give the heads up about it on FB and that it turns out you really rate it! I left it up maybe an hour on youtube before I pulled it and it would appear from analytics that several hundred ppl watched - they were kind of freaking out, as you might expect. I half expected to wake up this morning and see some news about it, and certainly to see the whole thing on bilibili, but all I've seen are some brief clips there and one on twitter. Bit surreal really that someone made such a schoolboy error (that 'OFFLINE' in the video title too lol).
Fauxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.25, 09:51 PM   #38
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

It is pure ear sex, of the old-school variety. Absolutely top tier.
Old 2019.10.25, 10:28 PM   #39
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Honestly it's her best duet with Utada she's done by a wide margin. I never realized how much I wanted Shun + Korishiya Kiki Ippatsu until now. Love the PV too.
Old 2019.10.27, 12:48 AM   #40
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I liked the video, but frankly I like the other new song better
but of course, it's better than most of the songs from the last album
and it being a duet makes me wonder if this song wasn't really supposed to go to the last album and was cut at the last moment

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote