Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2020.02.06, 09:00 PM   #1
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer
Default [TJ] 2020.04.08 News (CD) EP

UPCH-29360 ¥1,700(税抜) / ¥1,870(税込)

While EMF had it's downtime, I'm sure some of your would have seen that Tokyo Jihen had reunited and announced a tour for 2020. With that, they have also now announced a brand new EP, entitled "News", featuring 5 new tracks, available in April. With it, they have revamped the old Jihen website (link).

The first single from this was released on New Years Eve:
Jihen

According to Kronkekodow, there is a numbered first press run, which will go into standard versions after it is sold out.

No further details at this time, but will update with tracklist etc later.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2020.02.06 at 09:09 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.07, 03:27 AM   #2
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Wow, I did not expect this at all. I wonder what prompted this? I always figured they broke up because the project just reached its natural end but apparently not.

No comment about the new track.
Old 2020.02.07, 03:09 PM   #3
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Phew. Was worried EMF wouldn't see the light of day again!

Pretty pleased with this announcement (and not just because I predicted a 'News' album at some point back in the day ). A quality EP would be refreshing compared to committing to an entire new album, especially when the album format seems less Ringo's jam these days. The 'symmetry' of this one vs. Color Bars is pretty cool too.

I'm guessing Ringo's track will be the next promo single? Looking forward to hearing how a nu-Jihen track sounds under her pen.

As for this first single, it's kind of a mess in a classically Ukigumo way, but charming nonetheless.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.12, 04:30 AM   #4
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I’m hoping ‘News’ is just a reintroduction to individual band-mates, and that the LP afterwards has more of an interesting exploration/synthesis of the TJ members’ talents. As far as this song is concerned, it sounds like Ukigumo’s/Petrolz music with a ‘fun’ filter — and I fear that’s what the Tokyo Jihen sound is, at worst.

I don’t know. I’d like to hear TJ music where the blueprint/signature is less obvious.

I’d also like to come out as a Petrolz fan, btw. There are some absolute tracks on the last two records.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.13, 04:54 AM   #5
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I’d also like to come out as a Petrolz fan, btw. There are some absolute tracks on the last two records.
I'm with you Scribble, in those years I've spent without posting here I fell in love with the funkiness in their sound

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.13, 04:36 PM   #6
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hey we get a second Hata track. That's literally the most interesting thing about this one atm.
Old 2020.02.18, 08:42 PM   #7
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

So many Japanese acts coming back from the dead recently and I still didn't think this was going to happen. I'm still looking forward to their future but Tokyo Jihen needed to come back with more of a bang if they want me to be hype about this.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.21, 08:13 PM   #8
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

so did anyone manage to score tickets to their tour? the resale prices are insane (literally 10 times the original price) i have to say.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.24, 02:54 PM   #9
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I agree -- the new single sounds very much like Petrolz featuring Shiina Ringo. And although I'm a Petrolz fan as well, I was surprised by how jarring the song is for a first single. Either way, I'm excited to hear more, good or bad.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.27, 12:00 PM   #10
Slowdive

Slowdive has had more than 15 seconds of fame

New song "永遠の不在証明" out on the 29th, will be the theme to the new Detective Conan movie, preview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XWZQxH7MXM
Lyrics

News Special site https://www.tokyojihen.com/news-ep/

Tour is still happening despite pretty much every other band’s tour being cancelled. Japanese government sent out guidelines recommending everyone to cancel events. But they’re offering refunds if you can’t or don’t want to go.

Last edited by Slowdive : 2020.02.27 at 12:49 PM.
Slowdive is offline   Reply With Quote